Help Buidling My team (VGC 2018 Doubles) (Help)

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hello, this is my first official competitive team, (Within Pokémon-SDWN) That I plan on building in game once I beat Ultra Sun. I am a TCG junky usually, but I'm waiting for the tide to calm with Tapu Lele GX's insane price, so for now, I build my first Comp Pokemon team. Below is my team, So far there are no issues, I am just seeking a way to improve on what I have.

Team-
upload_2018-1-1_16-49-0.png
upload_2018-1-1_16-50-33.png
upload_2018-1-1_16-51-31.png
upload_2018-1-1_16-52-43.png
upload_2018-1-1_16-53-55.png
upload_2018-1-1_16-55-19.png

Team Roles:
Landorus: Heavy artillery attacker, Can hit fire types for a great deal of damage, via E-Quake
Venusuar: To switch into when Landorus has an unfavorable opponent, Venusaur being able to tank Water/Ice type attacks Landorus cannot. Hidden Power Fire is tech'd on him to contingency counter pesky high damage dealing steel types like Celesteela
Tapu Lele: Hit for high damage when Landorus is knocked out, or not in play.
Arcanine: Damage Support, Celesteela counter, Porygon 2's chaperone, for certain situations.
Porygon 2: The only true techy Pokemon on the team, I have Toxic on him so he can be a pest for the opponent, Being the pest, I used Protect and recover to keep him alive, for as long as possible, potientially a clutch for a game where a Defending Pokemon is badly poisoned, then just protect recover, rinse repeat, etc, to chew down the clock, and dwindling hp of Defending Pokemon.
Alolan Muk- Tech Attacker, Basically, if Porygon 2 didn't Poison you already, Muk will, with Poison touch increasing the chance to Poison defending Pokemon by 30%, if you use a physical attack, that and Poison Jab give a 60% total chance of Poisoning the defending Pokemon, which, hasn't failed for me yet. Knock off is used first few turns, to see if Defending Pokemon have items that could turn the tide of the game the wrong way. Fire Punch is there, just as a heavy damage move, plus potentially leaving a burn.

That's my team pretty much. Now I do have some questions for those reading ~

- Should I do Porygon Z, instead of 2?
- Does every Pokemon on my team play their role well?
- Is Tapu Lele useless in this team?

Thank you for reading- AFEX

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
No, 2 is better than Z in basically every relevant way in Doubles. It has better bulk, can use Eviolite, can set (or remove) Trick Room if needed, and it still has decent Special Attack to support the team with things like BoltBeam.
  • I would suggest using Heatran over Arcanine, since Heatran can trap and kill Celesteela with Magma Storm, and you've got Intimidate on your team already anyways.
  • Stealth Rock is basically useless in Doubles, so drop it. Instead, try a Flyinium Z set with Earthquake, Rock Slide/Knock Off, Fly and U-Turn/Knock Off to really make 'em feel it. You can replace the Z-Crystal on Lele with either a Scarf or Specs, or if you still want Taunt than maybe a Life Orb.
  • You'll want some Wide Guard support, which you should use over Muk. If Aegislash is legal, go with that; otherwise, use Aerodactyl, who can also set Tailwind.
  • Far from it. Things like Sucker Punch, Prankster, and Bullet Punch are all over the place like herpes, so having Psychic Terrain to block 'em on top of high firepower is a good thing.
  • That said, you could also try some Imprison shenanigans with Gardevoir using Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Imprison and Protect to keep your opponent from using Protect, but only if you want.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
No, 2 is better than Z in basically every relevant way in Doubles. It has better bulk, can use Eviolite, can set (or remove) Trick Room if needed, and it still has decent Special Attack to support the team with things like BoltBeam.
  • I would suggest using Heatran over Arcanine, since Heatran can trap and kill Celesteela with Magma Storm, and you've got Intimidate on your team already anyways.
  • Stealth Rock is basically useless in Doubles, so drop it. Instead, try a Flyinium Z set with Earthquake, Rock Slide/Knock Off, Fly and U-Turn/Knock Off to really make 'em feel it. You can replace the Z-Crystal on Lele with either a Scarf or Specs, or if you still want Taunt than maybe a Life Orb.
  • You'll want some Wide Guard support, which you should use over Muk. If Aegislash is legal, go with that; otherwise, use Aerodactyl, who can also set Tailwind.
  • Far from it. Things like Sucker Punch, Prankster, and Bullet Punch are all over the place like herpes, so having Psychic Terrain to block 'em on top of high firepower is a good thing.
  • That said, you could also try some Imprison shenanigans with Gardevoir using Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Imprison and Protect to keep your opponent from using Protect, but only if you want.

I'll make those team changes tomorrow and see how I like it, thanks so much, I was losing hope on finding advice.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!

Bladegislash (Aegislash Blade) was banned, but not shield form.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
Bladegislash (Aegislash Blade) was banned, but not shield form.

Might be a Showdown bug. Try using a random Aegislash in the official Battle Spot competitive section for VGC 2018.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
upload_2018-1-5_16-49-59.png
Pretty much maxed Speed Attack, since this is an attack centered Pokemon and was pretty much the most important stats. The only issue I've found, is its Rock Psychic weakness, which is pretty annoying because, it gets absolutely swept by Tapu Lele/Gardevoir w/Choice Specs/Scarf. Pursuit clutched one game, (no replay sadly, forgot)A Tapu Koko was switching out because of deathly low HP, then I smashed him, and killed the opposing Arcanine coming in with E-Quake, strangely, the Arcanine didn't have Intimidate, so I was glad.

upload_2018-1-5_16-56-56.png
Well, Heatran is pretty good in general, it destroyed a Celesteela Automatize based team, but that's about it, he gets swept by Landorus and other ground types, which, Arcanine somehow didn't.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Might be a Showdown bug. Try using a random Aegislash in the official Battle Spot competitive section for VGC 2018.

A general question, but will my team be tournament viable (Like get me a good placement in a toruney, like 8th place 10th place, or even 1st)?

craig_jp

Aspiring Trainer
Bit late but anyway.

Anything's possible. There are some good Pokémon but I find its more on making your team fit together and the way you play that matters the most.

PLEASE BARE IN MIND EVERYTHING MENTIONED IS WHAT I PERSONALLY WOULD DO.

LANDORUS
- Nature - Adamant/Jolly Swap rocky helmet for Assault Vest / Choice Scarf, get rid of Stealth Rock for Rock slide and HP ice for Superpower. ( I personally don't like SR for doubles but its my own personal opinion)

ARCANINE - Swap for Heatran which you've already done

PORYGON 2 - Swap Protect for Trick Room

MUK - Nature - Adamant/Brave Swap Pursuit for Protect, and MAYBE swap Fire punch for something like Curse/Taunt + 50% berry.

TAPE LELE - Swap Fightium Z for Psyichuim Z just because Shattered Psyche in Psychic Terrain does SO much damage, remove Focus Blast for Protect.

AERODACTYL - Replace wing attack for Sky Drop and remove Pursuit for Protect/Tailwind and replace stone edge for rock slide.

Like I said this is what I personally would do but regardless I hope something helps

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Bit late but anyway.

Anything's possible. There are some good Pokémon but I find its more on making your team fit together and the way you play that matters the most.

PLEASE BARE IN MIND EVERYTHING MENTIONED IS WHAT I PERSONALLY WOULD DO.

LANDORUS
- Nature - Adamant/Jolly Swap rocky helmet for Assault Vest / Choice Scarf, get rid of Stealth Rock for Rock slide and HP ice for Superpower. ( I personally don't like SR for doubles but its my own personal opinion)

ARCANINE - Swap for Heatran which you've already done

PORYGON 2 - Swap Protect for Trick Room

MUK - Nature - Adamant/Brave Swap Pursuit for Protect, and MAYBE swap Fire punch for something like Curse/Taunt + 50% berry.

TAPE LELE - Swap Fightium Z for Psyichuim Z just because Shattered Psyche in Psychic Terrain does SO much damage, remove Focus Blast for Protect.

AERODACTYL - Replace wing attack for Sky Drop and remove Pursuit for Protect/Tailwind and replace stone edge for rock slide.

Like I said this is what I personally would do but regardless I hope something helps

This definitely helps!