Help Regionals this weekend. Need help with deck

Quon

Aspiring Trainer
Correct, but that is only if you have Sylveon GX. If not, then you should play the third Tapu Lele GX.

Well i will be able to get a hold of them
Another guy has a Bridgette i can borrow. And hopefully he opens 3x Cynthia tomorrow.

How come one doesnt run Professor in the list you gave? :)

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Well i will be able to get a hold of them
Another guy has a Bridgette i can borrow. And hopefully he opens 3x Cynthia tomorrow.

How come one doesnt run Professor in the list you gave? :)

Cool, just missing the Cynthias now! I wouldn't run Professor Sycamore due to the reason mentioned below (I talked about it in the card descriptions). I suggested that you would play Professor Sycamore if you weren't able to get the Cynthias in time (just in case) ;).

3 Cynthia: When you play a deck with a lot of pieces (like stage 2 decks such as Gardevoir GX), discarding valuable cards is sometimes the difference between a win and loss. Cynthia removes this negative effect as the only time you'll ever need to discard a card from hand is with an Ultra Ball (now that Prof. Sycamore is removed).

Quon

Aspiring Trainer
Cool, just missing the Cynthias now! I wouldn't run Professor Sycamore due to the reason mentioned below (I talked about it in the card descriptions). I suggested that you would play Professor Sycamore if you weren't able to get the Cynthias in time (just in case) ;).

Great hopefully he pulls the cynthias i need. Was going to ask about someone mentioning something regarding a Zoroark / Gardevoir deck but i suppose you already had that in mind maybe?

FrostBiter12

Great hopefully he pulls the cynthias i need. Was going to ask about someone mentioning something regarding a Zoroark / Gardevoir deck but i suppose you already had that in mind maybe?

From what I've seen regarding Zoroark GX/Gardevoir GX, it can get rolling if it can set up Zoroark GX. If you get at least two Ralts in play (eventually either two Gardevoir GX or one Gardevoir GX and one Gallade) with maybe three Zoroark GX, you will most likely win. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the deck as I've heard that it can be really clunky (I played Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX which uses the same "Zoroark GX+Stage 2 backup" concept and it was clunky as well). If it got going, it was unstoppable, but that is not something you can really depend on if you need to. At Oceania, where Zoroark GX/Gardevoir GX got its "debut", ULP was legal and I think that is why it saw play. With ULP legal for your tournament, I doubt that it will do well with all of the new cards containing disruption (Glaceon GX) or all-out power (Dusk Mane Necrozma GX/Magnezone). If you feel like it is a good option though, let me know and I can provide a list if needed. Hope this helps!

Quon

Aspiring Trainer
Gotcha :) thanks for all the help and i got ahold of all cards as well to borrow htat i was missing!

Quon

Aspiring Trainer
From what I've seen regarding Zoroark GX/Gardevoir GX, it can get rolling if it can set up Zoroark GX. If you get at least two Ralts in play (eventually either two Gardevoir GX or one Gardevoir GX and one Gallade) with maybe three Zoroark GX, you will most likely win. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the deck as I've heard that it can be really clunky (I played Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX which uses the same "Zoroark GX+Stage 2 backup" concept and it was clunky as well). If it got going, it was unstoppable, but that is not something you can really depend on if you need to. At Oceania, where Zoroark GX/Gardevoir GX got its "debut", ULP was legal and I think that is why it saw play. With ULP legal for your tournament, I doubt that it will do well with all of the new cards containing disruption (Glaceon GX) or all-out power (Dusk Mane Necrozma GX/Magnezone). If you feel like it is a good option though, let me know and I can provide a list if needed. Hope this helps!

Forgot to ask, any tips for regionals? ive attended some Grand Prix's in magic but if there are specific tips for Pokemon . i still feel rather new with the primary setupd and how to turn the pokemon on different statuses?

Also, any decklist online thats up to date? Im guessing i need to fill in one. I know im there to have fun primarly but im quite competitive (at least in Magic so in transcends a bit). Hoping to go above average in win rate. Although i wouldnt say no to a TOp 8 xD

FrostBiter12

Forgot to ask, any tips for regionals? ive attended some Grand Prix's in magic but if there are specific tips for Pokemon . i still feel rather new with the primary setupd and how to turn the pokemon on different statuses?

Also, any decklist online thats up to date? Im guessing i need to fill in one. I know im there to have fun primarly but im quite competitive (at least in Magic so in transcends a bit). Hoping to go above average in win rate. Although i wouldnt say no to a TOp 8 xD

One thing I can think of is pre-registration. If you haven't done that, I would highly suggest you do. Other then that, make sure that you bring maybe some extra resources such as extra Fairy Energy, Ultra Ball, maybe some tech cards like Giratina PR, etc. as well as sleeves, dice, playmat, etc. if you have them. Make sure you prepare psychically like bringing water, resting before the tournament, etc. You probably already know this stuff being a TCG player in general, but it is always good to make sure!

As for statuses conditions and rules in general, here is a link to Pokémon.coms PTCG General Event Rules on their "Rules and Resources" page. Use the table of contents to find something if you need just specific topics, but let me know if this doesn't help and I will try to explain another way.

I don't know if this is what you were asking for, but here is a finalized list that I would suggest...

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Eevee SUM 101
* 2 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Gallade BKT 84
* 2 Ralts BKT 68
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Kirlia BKT 69
* 1 Remoraid BKT 32
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 N FCO 105
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Max Potion GRI 128
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 8 Fairy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I just want to make sure you know this, but there are two different types of Ralts in the list. There is a Psychic type Ralts (from BKT, which is the same set the Kirlia and Gallade are from) and a Fairy type Ralts (from BUS). This is optional, it isn't necessary, but it would probably be better if you have them. Don't worry if you don't, either option is fine, go with what your comfortable with!

I'm sorry about this, but I had miscounted when I built my previous list and was one card short. I decided to go for a fourth Cynthia, but if you either don't have the card or don't want a fourth Cynthia, this would be a great spot for a tech card (such as Giratina PR, Mew EX, etc.) or something that you feel you would like (like if you want a fourth Max Potion, another Tapu Lele GX, etc.). Sorry about that!

Anyways, I wish you do have an above average time at the Regional and hopefully your record will be the same ;)!

Quon

Aspiring Trainer
One thing I can think of is pre-registration. If you haven't done that, I would highly suggest you do. Other then that, make sure that you bring maybe some extra resources such as extra Fairy Energy, Ultra Ball, maybe some tech cards like Giratina PR, etc. as well as sleeves, dice, playmat, etc. if you have them. Make sure you prepare psychically like bringing water, resting before the tournament, etc. You probably already know this stuff being a TCG player in general, but it is always good to make sure!

As for statuses conditions and rules in general, here is a link to Pokémon.coms PTCG General Event Rules on their "Rules and Resources" page. Use the table of contents to find something if you need just specific topics, but let me know if this doesn't help and I will try to explain another way.

I don't know if this is what you were asking for, but here is a finalized list that I would suggest...

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Eevee SUM 101
* 2 Ralts BUS 91
* 2 Sylveon-GX GRI 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 2 Gallade BKT 84
* 2 Ralts BKT 68
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Kirlia BKT 69
* 1 Remoraid BKT 32
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 N FCO 105
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Max Potion GRI 128
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 8 Fairy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I just want to make sure you know this, but there are two different types of Ralts in the list. There is a Psychic type Ralts (from BKT, which is the same set the Kirlia and Gallade are from) and a Fairy type Ralts (from BUS). This is optional, it isn't necessary, but it would probably be better if you have them. Don't worry if you don't, either option is fine, go with what your comfortable with!

I'm sorry about this, but I had miscounted when I built my previous list and was one card short. I decided to go for a fourth Cynthia, but if you either don't have the card or don't want a fourth Cynthia, this would be a great spot for a tech card (such as Giratina PR, Mew EX, etc.) or something that you feel you would like (like if you want a fourth Max Potion, another Tapu Lele GX, etc.). Sorry about that!

Anyways, I wish you do have an above average time at the Regional and hopefully your record will be the same ;)!

I wont be able to get ahold of those cards as is....maybe if im there early during registration and someone has them. I've assembled the other list fully with borrowed cards.
For the ralts and kirlia of psychic type id have to check a vendor..same with 4th cynthia..or the tech cards for that matter

Also i was wondering how the new Shinotic would hold on from Ultra Prism?

Last edited:

FrostBiter12

The previous deck had 60 cards however ?

Yes, I copy/pasted manually your list and edited it since I wasn't able to get onto PTCGO at the time. Once done, I counted a few times to make sure I had the right number, but I guess I was wrong. It wasn't the most efficient way to handle it, I know, but it was what I had to work with. I'm sorry if it had effected you in any way, I hope it hasn't, my bad if it did.

I wont be able to get ahold of those cards as is....maybe if im there early during registration and someone has them. I've assembled the other list fully with borrowed cards.
For the ralts and kirlia of psychic type id have to check a vendor..same with 4th cynthia..or the tech cards for that matter

That is fine, in the mean time I would suggest you add a card that you do have that would fit into the deck (for instance, if you still have that 3rd Tapu Lele GX you were talking about or maybe just a random card like Max Potion). As for the Ralts and Kirlia, it isn't necessary and I wouldn't worry about it that much. Same with the techs and Cynthia, those are just extra options that could be available to you if you need them or find them. Just keep an eye out for them!

Quon

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, I copy/pasted manually your list and edited it since I wasn't able to get onto PTCGO at the time. Once done, I counted a few times to make sure I had the right number, but I guess I was wrong. It wasn't the most efficient way to handle it, I know, but it was what I had to work with. I'm sorry if it had effected you in any way, I hope it hasn't, my bad if it did.

That is fine, in the mean time I would suggest you add a card that you do have that would fit into the deck (for instance, if you still have that 3rd Tapu Lele GX you were talking about or maybe just a random card like Max Potion). As for the Ralts and Kirlia, it isn't necessary and I wouldn't worry about it that much. Same with the techs and Cynthia, those are just extra options that could be available to you if you need them or find them. Just keep an eye out for them!

Yeah i have a third lele and a max potion...so what would you change it to?How would you do the change then in such case?
I can look at vendors and ask...but if i cant find it?

FrostBiter12

Yeah i have a third lele and a max potion...so what would you change it to?How would you do the change then in such case?
I can look at vendors and ask...but if i cant find it?

If your not able to get a fourth Cynthia, I would suggest (going of the list I just posted)...

-1 Cynthia: Since you would be missing a Cynthia in this case.

+1 Tapu Lele GX: Probably your most consistent option.

In other words, just drop a Cynthia (going down to three as before) and up the Tapu Lele GX count to three, forget the extra Max Potion. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Quon

Aspiring Trainer
If your not able to get a fourth Cynthia, I would suggest (going of the list I just posted)...

-1 Cynthia: Since you would be missing a Cynthia in this case.

+1 Tapu Lele GX: Probably your most consistent option.

In other words, just drop a Cynthia (going down to three as before) and up the Tapu Lele GX count to three, forget the extra Max Potion. Let me know if you have any more questions!

You mean the first list right? since i cant get ahold of the ralts or kirlia (if i dont magically find it there)
sorry if im a bit questionate

Wouldnt a extra Lele be too much with 2 bridgette etc?
maybe a extra kirlia?

Im just balling ideas here and i know you are the better player since you are quite knowledgable than me :)

FrostBiter12

You mean the first list right? since i cant get ahold of the ralts or kirlia (if i dont magically find it there)
sorry if im a bit questionate

Wouldnt a extra Lele be too much with 2 bridgette etc?
maybe a extra kirlia?

Im just balling ideas here and i know you are the better player since you are quite knowledgable than me :)

No problem! What I mean is, on the 2nd list I posted (the updated one), replace the fourth Cynthia with a Tapu Lele GX. As for the Ralts/Kirlia, just play what you have at the moment, don't worry about the BKT ones. If you find them, great, if not, no problem.

Personally, I think that a third Tapu Lele GX will insure that you have outs every game (meaning if you need a supporter at any point in the game, you'll probably have it). If you don't want the third Tapu Lele GX (keep in mind that it isn't a necessary card), you can try playing a 2nd Kirlia or a 4th Max Potion. This just an extra slot, fill it with what you want, it doesn't have to be a 3rd Tapu Lele GX!

Thank you for the compliment by the way, I'm glad that I could help!

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Me personally, I'm favoring Glaceon-GX for the Regionals coming up since a lot of decks will probably be banking on Zoroark-GX for consistency.

Regarding your deck, though, I think Super Boost Energy could be a good fit if you're using Gardevoir-GX. Using it alongside Gardevoir and Gallade gives you a lot of reliable ways to hit your numbers.

I'm not sure why you have so many Max Potions, though. If you're expecting a lot of Steel, they aren't going to be very useful. You could probably scrap most, if not all, of them for extra draw support like Cynthia. Having at least 1 or 2 of the Max Potions could be nice, though, if you think you'll see stuff like Golisopod, Zoroark, and other decks aiming for the 2HKO.

Eventually, there's going to be a temptation to use Zoroark-GX over Octillery, but I think you'll be better off sticking with the octopus on this one, although I'm mainly saying this because I'm biased when it comes to Glaceon-GX and Fighting attackers.

Anyways, that's what I can think of off the top of my head. Trying to find space for Choice Bands and Float Stones would be welcome, but all I can really do is advise. Hope this helps.

FrostBiter12

Well, today is the last day before your Regional @Quon, I wish you luck! Let me know if you have any last minute questions!

Quon

Aspiring Trainer
Well, today is the last day before your Regional @Quon, I wish you luck! Let me know if you have any last minute questions!

Depends how you see it, when you wrote that it was already new day (time zones), currently 5 am :\ was hoping to get a hour extra of sleep but my brain decided to go.."oh hey remember that thing you did x amount of years ago"

xD Also should have gone with Plan B and rested all of friday ..but i wanted to play magic so went and played some local FNM; got some games with the deck against some people that showed up for regionals though.

But... Tord Reklev is in Malmö for regionals. With my luck i run into him first match xD

FrostBiter12

Depends how you see it, when you wrote that it was already new day (time zones), currently 5 am :\ was hoping to get a hour extra of sleep but my brain decided to go.."oh hey remember that thing you did x amount of years ago"

xD Also should have gone with Plan B and rested all of friday ..but i wanted to play magic so went and played some local FNM; got some games with the deck against some people that showed up for regionals though.

But... Tord Reklev is in Malmö for regionals. With my luck i run into him first match xD

Oops, my bad, guess I should've accounted for the time difference! Sorry about that. It might have been a good idea to take the day off on Friday, but it isn't that bad I suppose. You got some important test games beforehand though, so that is a plus! How did you do against Tord Reklev, and at the Regional in general?