• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Tons of Damage! Buzzwole Regirock

1ronhead

Aspiring Trainer
I think Buzzwole garb is definitely a more proper build for the meta, but this deck is really fun to play with (tons of damage).

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 3 Buzzwole-GX CIN 104
* 1 Regirock PR-SM SM74
* 3 Regirock-EX FCO 43
* 2 Zygarde-EX FCO 54
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Remoraid BKT 32
* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 N FCO 105
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 4 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Switch SUM 160
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102

##Energy - 13

* 4 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 9 Fighting Energy GRI 169

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I'd go 2-2 on Remoraid, drop the switch and Lillie to get there. I also generally prefer CB over FFB so I'd exchange those as well, the +10 on non-GX doesn't make much of a difference and you can seldom depend on the HP sticking when you need it to with many decks running 3 or even 4 blowers to get around garbotoxin.

I also don't think that buzz/garb is actually as good as people say, pure buzz did better at the most recent regional, in fact there weren't any garb decks in top 8 iirc.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
What's the purpose of the non-EX Regirock?

I built a Buzzwole/Lycanroc deck that uses 2 Regirock EX and it's a lot of fun. I do agree on upping the Octillery line to 2-2, just for consistency sake. 4 Brooklet Hill seems to be overkill in my opinion. 3 works just fine for me. I also run one copy of Pokémon Fan Club. I get why the Max Elixirs are thee, but I feel like they whiff a lot since you're only running 9 basic energy.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer

I built a Buzzwole/Lycanroc deck that uses 2 Regirock EX and it's a lot of fun. I do agree on upping the Octillery line to 2-2, just for consistency sake. 4 Brooklet Hill seems to be overkill in my opinion. 3 works just fine for me. I also run one copy of Pokémon Fan Club. I get why the Max Elixirs are thee, but I feel like they whiff a lot since you're only running 9 basic energy.

I'd assume the non EX Regirock is so that he has an non ex/gx attacker. Zygarde from Fates Collide it's probably a better choice

Last edited:

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
I'd go 2-2 on Remoraid, drop the switch and Lillie to get there. I also generally prefer CB over FFB so I'd exchange those as well, the +10 on non-GX doesn't make much of a difference and you can seldom depend on the HP sticking when you need it to with many decks running 3 or even 4 blowers to get around garbotoxin.

I also don't think that buzz/garb is actually as good as people say, pure buzz did better at the most recent regional, in fact there weren't any garb decks in top 8 iirc.
The most recent Regionals had almost only Garde and Garbodor.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
The most recent Regionals had almost only Garde and Garbodor.

Correction, not a regional but rather the European International, which happened this morning. No garb decks made top 8 but a pure Buzzwole did, losing to Greninja. Final four were Greninja, Golisopod/Zoroark, Gardevoir and Metal/Silvally.

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
Correction, not a regional but rather the European International, which happened this morning. No garb decks made top 8 but a pure Buzzwole did, losing to Greninja. Final four were Greninja, Golisopod/Zoroark, Gardevoir and Metal/Silvally.
Notice that all of these decks are very susceptible to Garb?

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Notice that all of these decks are very susceptible to Garb?
I’m failing to see your logic. If there was no garb in top 8, that means that these decks out-performed/out-played garb, and aren’t “very susceptible” to garb

1ronhead

Aspiring Trainer

It is just for baby ninetales and hoopa, and it's actually because I think it is cool to add some new stuffs lol.

1ronhead

Aspiring Trainer

I feel 30 damage against gx and ex is not that relavent in this deck though, because you are already hitting a lot.

1ronhead

Aspiring Trainer
I'd assume the non EX Regirock is so that he has an non ex/gx attacker. Zygarde from Fates Collide it's probably a better choice
The 110 damage from regirock is already ohko ninetales and hoopa, and it doesn't have to damage your own bench. That's why I use this over zygarde.

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
I’m failing to see your logic. If there was no garb in top 8, that means that these decks out-performed/out-played garb, and aren’t “very susceptible” to garb
In my opinion, Garb was likely underrepresented due to 2 new sets being dropped that gave Garb almost no tools. Every deck that made top 4 makes great use of abilities btw.