• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard (BKT-ULP) Empoleon/Octillery

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokémon (17):

4x Empoleon
2x Prinplup
4x Piplup
2x Octillery
2x Remoraid
1x Alolan Vulpix
2x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers (33):

3x Sycamore
3x Cynthia
3x N
3x Guzma
2x Brigette
4x Ultra Ball
1x Field Blower
2x Rescue Stretcher
3x Aqua Patch
4x Rare Candy
3x Brooklet Hill
2x Choice Band

Energy (10):

8x Water Energy
2x Counter Energy

The Strategy:

Keep a full Bench with Brigette, Brooklet Hill, Octillery, and Rescue Stretcher, and hit for 100+ every turn with Empoleon.

Empoleon
State 2 Water Pokémon - evolves from Prinplup
HP 160
[W][C] Total Command: 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the number of Pokémon on each player’s bench.
[W][W][C] Whirlpool: 90
Discard 1 energy from your opponent’s active Pokémon.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: L

Prinplup
Stage 1 Water Pokémon - evolves from Piplup
HP 90
[W] Bubblebeam: 20
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s active Pokémon is now paralyzed.
[W][C] Wave Splash: 40
Retreat Cost: CC

Piplup
Basic Water Pokémon
HP 70
[C] Peck: 10
[W][C] Wave Splash: 20
Retreat Cost: C

Cynthia
Trainer - Supporter
Shuffle your hand into your deck. Then, draw 6 cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck. Nine Basic Pokémon seem to be on the low end for this deck since Empoleon wants to fill his own bench. I would at least include one Alolan Vulpix to search out the evolution cards and to have an ideal starter that can be knocked out to activate Counter Energy. I would also consider a fourth Rare Candy and a third Brooklet Hill to search out Manaphy EX.

- 1 Aqua Patch (three could suffice with Counter Energy and Alolan Vulpix as the ideal starter)
- 1 Pal Pad (Great card but not needed that bad in this deck)

+ 1 Brooklet Hill (search out the Basic Pokémon to fill the bench and to be evolved)
+ 1 Alolan Vulpix (search out the evolution lines)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Man Help I, you really know how to satisfy me with a list. I would play 4 Candy, definitely. You can't afford to whiff a T2 Empoleon. Vulpix may actually be a really good inclusion here, but maybe It's better on paper... Either way, play another basic, another Rare Candy, and I guess drop a basic Water. 4 Aqua Patch should make 7 basic Water go a long way, but otherwise, your list looks pretty baller.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with @Dark Espeon about including Alolan Vulpix. Great for searching Pokémon and filling a bench spot. I don't know how I feel about Manaphy EX, as I feel like it gives your opponent two free prize cards, but it's ability is great and you're running no Float Stones so I understand why it's included. I don't know if Pal Pad is needed. This deck doesn't rely on a specific Supporter like some decks do. I think Rare Candy should be maxed out. Solid list though! Empoleon is a deck I definitely plan on trying once Ultra Prism comes out.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck. Nine Basic Pokémon seem to be on the low end for this deck since Empoleon wants to fill his own bench. I would at least include one Alolan Vulpix to search out the evolution cards and to have an ideal starter that can be knocked out to activate Counter Energy. I would also consider a fourth Rare Candy and a third Brooklet Hill to search out Manaphy EX.

- 1 Aqua Patch (three could suffice with Counter Energy and Alolan Vulpix as the ideal starter)
- 1 Pal Pad (Great card but not needed that bad in this deck)

+ 1 Brooklet Hill (search out the Basic Pokémon to fill the bench and to be evolved)
+ 1 Alolan Vulpix (search out the evolution lines)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.
I like these edits. Putting them in the list.
Man Help I, you really know how to satisfy me with a list. I would play 4 Candy, definitely. You can't afford to whiff a T2 Empoleon. Vulpix may actually be a really good inclusion here, but maybe It's better on paper... Either way, play another basic, another Rare Candy, and I guess drop a basic Water. 4 Aqua Patch should make 7 basic Water go a long way, but otherwise, your list looks pretty baller.
Coolio. Not sure about losing [W] Energy, maybe I could lose Manaphy instead? Don't think it's really needed.
I agree with @Dark Espeon about including Alolan Vulpix. Great for searching Pokémon and filling a bench spot. I don't know how I feel about Manaphy EX, as I feel like it gives your opponent two free prize cards, but it's ability is great and you're running no Float Stones so I understand why it's included. I don't know if Pal Pad is needed. This deck doesn't rely on a specific Supporter like some decks do. I think Rare Candy should be maxed out. Solid list though! Empoleon is a deck I definitely plan on trying once Ultra Prism comes out.
Agreed.

Updating the list in the OP :) Sorry for the late response!

Seijiro

Aspiring Trainer
You could add crasher wake. Discard 2 [W] Energy from your hand in order to play this card. Search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. Grab Empoleon and a rare candy, then use aqua patch (you should be using 4 if you are playing Wake) to instantly get your water energy back. It should be like 1 or 2 Wake and 4 Aqua patch. You get set up much faster.