Community Card Ripping Videos

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Here's a stupid question; why are card ripping videos a thing?? I cannot get my head around it.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Some people might find joy in it. I imagine there may be at least a few people out there who have ripped a Seismitoad EX. I personally would never rip a valuable card. However, when I see energies from Evolutions, especially Fairy, Dark, and Steel ones, I get a strong urge to rip them that I cannot always suppress.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I've never heard of this! It hurts my soul enough when someone uses a rare-holo to make jewelry (especially if it's a card I like and never got)... Though, now that I think about it, I'm somewhat guilty of this myself having stripped at least two rare-holo classic cards I had doubles of (Fossil Articuno and Jungle Clefable) to use their starry foil on custom cards.

Last edited:

Number51x

At that's making something out of them. These videos are just people straight-up destroying good cards for no reason other that views.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Usually there's either alcohol or youtube views involved.

But a lot of people aren't interested in the youtube views...

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
I've never heard of this! It hurts my soul enough when someone uses a rare-holo to make jewelry (especially if it's a card I like and never got)... Though, now that I think about it, I'm somewhat guilty of this myself having stripped at least two rare-holo classic cards I had doubles of (Fossil Articuno and Jungle Clefable) to use their starry foil on custom cards.

It might be better to create your own starry foil pattern, instead of destroying real cards.
That's what I did when I made custom cards for people who traded with me on YouTube. (you can check them out under "My Pokemon Trades" playlist on my channel)

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
Really I couldn't care less what people do with their money so I'm fine with it. I'm not gonna do it, but it's their property so if you want to tear it go ahead

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
If you want views, you can just watch your own videos. (that's what I do)

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I have seen this trend in the Yugioh community, in the Magic community, and in our community. I think it's absolutely foolish and childish to do so. Especially when it's cards like Shaymin-EX or Tapu Lele-GX, and people post about hating the card so much that they bought one just to destroy it. Like... Grow up. You're acting like a spoiled brat who just wants attention.

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
More views equals more money and doing shocking things gets people to click.

I wonder though if some of those cards are fake.

Anime Psyclone

Guiding Light. Will Unchanged.
I think it's not as bad as someone releasing legendary Pokemon. I reported them to youtube for shocking content because that's the fastest way to get a Pokemon fan or even someone who only knows how rare those Pokemon are angry. Trust me, it was shocking, but not in the way a horror game is.

Number51x

More views equals more money and doing shocking things gets people to click.

I wonder though if some of those cards are fake.

Do people even bother to make convincing fake Pokemon cards? Magic, sure, but it doesn't seem like Pokemon cards have enough value to be worth it.

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer
Do people even bother to make convincing fake Pokemon cards? Magic, sure, but it doesn't seem like Pokemon cards have enough value to be worth it.

If it's only a you tube audience to convince you could put a card through a scanner and paste it to an existing card.

dmode15

Aspiring Trainer

I’ve also seen a few vids online for fake booster openings, but you are right, the value doesn’t justify a really good duplication. Except maybe base set charizard shadowless.