Discussion Decks for Worlds Format (BTH-CLS)

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
I am going to have a mock tournament with a couple of my friends in the World's format and I would like to know what deck are good coming out of CLS other than Rayquaza. Thoughts?

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Decks other than Rayquaza that will be introduced in Celestial Storm involve:

1. Shiftry-GX: Combined w/ one Choice Band plus judge use(to ensure both hands contain the same number of cards per player, even if that number has to be 4) and two Promo Lurantis, one less than the no. of said Lurantis that Golisopod needs to do at least 240 before risking the deck's consistency, it can do 250 before said risk is taken... Better than Golisopod?

2. Mr. Mime-GX: Denying damage is this deck's best trait: It forces a "Choice Band or no damage at all" kind of situation... Combine that w/ no weakness, and you've got a pokemon that forces Choice Band and/or effects into decks, as there would be no other way to KO Mr. Mime, let alone scratch it, w/ decks like Ultra Necrozma GX/Malamar, Dawn Wings, among other decks that have all attacks at even damage...

3. Stakataka-GX: A deck w/ a perfect response to Gardevoir-GX in tandem w/ Beast Box. One Beast Ring + manual attachment, goodbye, Gardy!

^ That's about all from this set, unless you count the regulars(the non-GXes that are not standouts as much as GXes are in today's game, outside of being present in combination w/ GXes in support of them)... Metagross regular that prevents Steven's Resolve from ending turn... That includes you...

Last edited:

Hassio

Aspiring Trainer
I think the only seriously good Celestial Storm deck pre-rotation is Rayquaza, but a damage spread deck with Commandment Shrine may be a good idea.

Hassio

Aspiring Trainer
What do you guys think of the Altaria GX deck? Is that even in CLS?
It's good vs Zoroark and Ultra Necrozma but it loses to everything else. Well, now that I think of it, it's a good counter to Rayquaza

Hassio

Aspiring Trainer
Until Latias EX starts beating its head against a wall for 60 (Choice Band) AND charges up its bench.
Then what will you do with those energies? You dont have any other non GX attacker (maybe Drampa which is not a real threath)

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
Possibly just use both Altarias and buff the damage to 90 (2 Mini Altaria) and 2 shot the Latias.