Discussion Do Mega Pokémon have any place in Expanded with Leafeon GX?

vyolet127

Aspiring Trainer
One thing that makes mega Pokémon bad is the fact that you really need spirit links which closes out the possibility for bands and stiff. However, can a Leafeon GX deck have Mega Pokémon in it as main attackers? I was thinking about Mega Turbo with Mega Kangaskhan and Leafeon GX.

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
One deck where I've seen this sort of work is Mega-Beedrill. But it's tough to set up, because you only get one shot at the evolution, which means you need to have all your ex-pokemon set up ready to evolve, which is pretty tough to do early game.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Fan Club / Nest Ball can get you the Pokemon you need.

Jonathan Lee

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think many megas would work with Leafeon at all. Plus you wouldn't be saving any time really setting up your megas using just leafeon. But if you were like other people have mentioned. Your best bet are nest balls and pokemon fan club.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
I ran Magearna SM4 in my M-Gardevoir deck and it helps a lot with Spirit Link management. You just dump them around and rearrange them later if you need. It seems like a better option than using Leafeon-Gx i think. At least for most decks since Leafeon-Gx means you have Grass Energy.

TrevGallade

Trevterra!!!
I feel like this would work with Mega Beedrill EX. You would already be running grass Pokémon, and could just use nest balls Pokémon Fan Club, and Hoopa to get them out. Then you could set them up with the new grass type Abamosnow that's coming out, and you could use devospray and Scoop Ups to continually devolve and revolve 1-2 of your Abamosnow to spam Mega Beedrill's attack. You would probably need to use Sky Field (For the bench space of using Hoopa, Lefeon, Abamosnows, and the Beedrill), but it could be fun.

uncleyuri

~
I have been messing around with Leafeon/M Sceptile. Without needing spirit links you can attach choice band/muscle band and work the M Sceptile healing loop while 2 shotting everything. With 220 HP it’s also difficult for opponents to OHKO it.

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
As others have mentioned the deck this would work best with is M Beedrill ex (or M Kanga or M Sceptile). The only issue that while yes you could fairly consistently accomplish this in expanded with skyfield + Hoopa ex, you aren't really getting a big benefit in return. M Beedrill's effect is super weak in any format with easy access to Guzma, M Kangaskhan's attack is unfortunately underwhelming as is Mega Sceptile's attack. If the attacks were better this would definitely be experimented with more, but when your possible mega options are mediocre it just kind of leads to a why bother syndrome