'Dragon Majesty: Supreme Powers Collection' Announcement and Image!

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Honestly I'm a bigger fan of Kingdra GX than Dragonite GX

Dragonite GX requires mixed energy pools, and decks that roll two inventories of basic energy are inherently less consistent than single energy decks. This would also be a DCE deck as well which makes that energy pool even more awkward. Weakness to Fairy is terrible since there are lots of great Dragon Pokemon coming out, meaning Gardy/Sylveon is going to just get free autowins. You might be able to turbo out Dragonite GXs thanks to Lance Prism Star and Zinnia, but that occupies your supporter per turn which you might need for Guzma or Cynthia instead.

Kingdra GX hits for 190 choice banded on just 3 energy, same as Alolan Ninetales GX or Raichu GX but with no side effect, which covers every basic GX that matters right now. Being a one energy attacker means that it can just swing for 60/90 and follow up with 2 hit KOs next turn on 110/140. It's a slower set up, but it gains momentum as opposed to loses it over time. Weakness to Grass is alright since Golisopod GX and Decidueye GX aren't exactly killing it in the meta ratios, nor do I see them making a crazy comeback post rotation (I could be wrong). Post rotation, I really don't think being a Stage 2 deck just means you're going to lose. Basic GXs lose Max Elixir and everyone loses Sycamore which slows down the game a LOT, and the fact that FFB is leaving the format means that the HP values that a Stage 2 offers actually kind of matter now. 230 is hard to hit for most Basics and Stage 1s.

I dunno. Not that I dislike Dragonite GX by any means, but the more dragon stuff comes out the more Gardy is just going to autowin while Kingdra GX has no fantastic direct counter at the moment. But I guess that's why Stakataka GX is coming out to complete the weakness triangle a bit.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Sweet, thought it would be that way, just like the Ho-Oh Super Premium Collection box for Shining Legends. Really wanted more of those collection boxes for my bulk.

Paul Weiskopf

Gwentigone
Kind of wish we were getting the European equivalent with the Jumbo and just 8 packs for 49.99, 79.99 is so much to shell out for just 10 packs, even with the other stuff.

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
This will probably drop Kingdra and Dragonite GX ’s price down since most people can just buy it.

Nwabumblebee

Aspiring Trainer
This feels like something you wait to go to half price before buying it. $80 isnt cheap for 10 packs and 2 GX cards.

omnibombulator

No Shaymin Trying
Wish they'd bring out the expensive one in europe to be honest. Those long boxes are way handier than the ones you get from the ETBs.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
This will probably drop Kingdra and Dragonite GX ’s price down since most people can just buy it.

Agree about the price drop although it really depends on how playable they are and how quickly these boxes get sold out...after all buzzwole prices are still in 30$ range (Canadian prices). And there was a box with buzzwole (although good luck finding one now).

The box is reasonably priced...however that’s assuming the playmat is decent with cool artwork.

_PokeMaster_

Playing the Pokémon TCG since Black and White
I really wanna see that playmat. :D

Same! I was trying to find out what the play at looks like online but couldn’t find anything. Other than that I’m kind of glad that this version didn’t bring one of the jumbo cards. You can’t really do anything with them except collect. The artwork looks great on the cards!

Paul Weiskopf

Gwentigone
Guess I need to decide between this and the ETB

Get the ETB, you can probably get Kingdra and Dragonite for cheap since they aren't super playable, and the Ho-oh from last years super premium is going on TCGplayer for like $5, It's not worth shelling out an extra $30 for the same amount with an extra 2 boxes and a figure