• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garbodobox

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokémon (15):

2x Drampa-GX GRI
3x Tapu Lele-GX GRI
1x Buzzwole-GX CRI
1x Tapu Koko SM31/Celesteela-GX SM67/Latios SHL (This is a flex spot, and I'm honestly not sure what to pick out of these three. Koko is the most generally useful, Celesteela annoys Buzzwole and wrecks Gardes, and Latios can smash Buzzwole for 120 with just DCE and a Band, while sniping for 30, which helps your Drampa math. I don't think it's necessary with Buzzwole though, and you already have a decent Buzzwole matchup so meh.)
1x Espeon-EX BKP
3x Trubbish BKP (I know alot of people will be weirded out by 3; it's because you'll only need to get out one Garbotoxin per game and I needed the space.)
2x Garbodor BKP
2x Garbodor GRI

Trainers (33):

4x Professor Sycamore XY
4x N DEX
1x Brigette BKT
1x Skyla BCR (Turns a Lele/UB into one of the techy cards I'll talk about in a moment. Can also grab a tool for Garbotoxin.)
3x Guzma BUS
4x Ultra Ball DEX
1x Rescue Stretcher GRI
1x Field Blower GRI
1x Enhanced Hammer DEX(Zoroark decks are super popular, and Garb doesn't have the best matchup against them tbh, especially the Lycanroc version. Enhanced helps a ton vs Zoroark.)
1x Counter Catcher CRI (Sometimes you whiff Energy for Drampa T1, sometimes you dead draw, sometimes you need to use a Supporter AND get a gust effect, sometimes you have 2 Prizes and your opponent has 1, etc.)
4x Po Town BUS
4x Choice Band GRI
4x Float Stone BKT

Energy (12):

4x Psychic Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

What do you guys think?

Registeel379

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I certainly like the idea. It's basically a massive counter deck, right?

Buzzwole - not sure this is right for the deck. If you are just using the first attack you need Strong energy to power it up, or this might happen:
Buzzwole hits 120 on Silvally
Silvally attaches Psychic Memory and KO's Buzzwole.

In the spare slot: use Tapu Koko. Koko plus Espeon EX = KO's :) yay

If you are using the Celesteela GX though, it's not going to work with double rainbow energy users.
However: If you used Fighting Energy instead of Psychic, you could attack with Buzzwole GX, and also with Celesteela GX/Garbodor (GRI) for a single rainbow energy, leaving you two spare.

Here are some changes I would make:

+4 Fighting Energy
+1 Enhanced Hammer (played against this at league with Silvally GX and was super annoying - so I think you need 2)
+4 Cynthia ULP
+1 Brigette

-1 Po Town
-4 Psychic Energy
-2 Professor Sycamore
-2 N
-1 Buzzwole GX

Hope this helps :)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Well, I certainly like the idea. It's basically a massive counter deck, right?
Yep, pretty much. :D
Buzzwole - not sure this is right for the deck. If you are just using the first attack you need Strong energy to power it up, or this might happen:
Buzzwole hits 120 on Silvally
Silvally attaches Psychic Memory and KO's Buzzwole.
Buzzwole is basically just a Zoroark counter. That's why I'm only running one. I don't think the deck has much of a shot against Zoroark without it. I like being able to donk Zoruas with a Rainbow Energy, and these little 30 damage pings help the Drampa math alot.

I don't think Silvally is popular enough to worry about that, and they usually only run one Psychic Memory anyways. Plus, later on I could use Espeon-EX to devolve Silvally to Type: Null and take a KO that way.

In the spare slot: use Tapu Koko. Koko plus Espeon EX = KO's :) yay

If you are using the Celesteela GX though, it's not going to work with double rainbow energy users.
Yeah, I was leaning torwards Koko. Seems like the better option all around.

If I'd be using Celesteela, I'd be using it for Rocket Fall to OHKO Gardes with a Band, which only needs 1 Rainbow Energy and a DCE to use.
However: If you used Fighting Energy instead of Psychic, you could attack with Buzzwole GX, and also with Celesteela GX/Garbodor (GRI) for a single rainbow energy, leaving you two spare.
Not sure what you mean; I can attack with Buzzwole for a Rainbow Energy. And how does Fighting Energy help Celesteela or Garbodor? I think it'd do the opposite tbh.
Here are some changes I would make:

+4 Fighting Energy (I don't think it's worth it just for the one Buzzwole)
+1 Enhanced Hammer (played against this at league with Silvally GX and was super annoying - so I think you need 2) (2 is nice but sometimes the card is just dead weight, against decks like Volcanion. I'd rather have the Po Town for consistency.)
+4 Cynthia ULP (This was built for pre-Ultra Prism. :p)
+1 Brigette (One Brigette is fine, you only have one Evolution line and sometimes you need to use a draw supporter T1 if you don't start with an Energy in hand.)

-1 Po Town (See response to Enhanced Hammer.)
-4 Psychic Energy (See response to Fighting Energy.)
-2 Professor Sycamore (See response to Cynthia.)
-2 N (See response to Cynthia.)
-1 Buzzwole GX (I think I'd lose pretty hard to Zoroark without it which I really don't like.)

Hope this helps :)
Responses bolded.

Thanks for your thoughts! :)

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Devolving Silvally isn't that viable of an option is it? I mean you have to have 120 damage in order for that to work. Type: Null is a beefy 110 for a basic.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Devolving Silvally isn't that viable of an option is it? I mean you have to have 120 damage in order for that to work. Type: Null is a beefy 110 for a basic.
It is if you can take de-evolution KOs on some of their other mons as well.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
It is if you can take de-evolution KOs on some of their other mons as well.

I guess Koko would definitely be your best option if you expect a heavy Silvally meta then. Put up some decent pre damage with The Zwole, and then a few flying flips to set up multiple KOs.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I guess Koko would definitely be your best option if you expect a heavy Silvally meta then. Put up some decent pre damage with The Zwole, and then a few flying flips to set up multiple KOs.
Yeah, I think Koko is definitely the best option, especially with Garde on the downslide. Any other thoughts on the deck?

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I think Koko is definitely the best option, especially with Garde on the downslide. Any other thoughts on the deck?

Not really. I love the deck overall, and think it has a decent shot in the current meta of actually being competitive. I don't really see a lot of bad match-ups in my head either (Fire and Silvally are the only two that really stick out). It's pretty much just going to come down to how long it takes to get garbotoxin out, and if blower counts stay as low as they are currently in the meta. If Garb picks up in popularity and blowers increase in counts, this deck just falls flat IMO. A good Silvally player (again, not very popular in the current meta) is just gonna run you over. Without Strong energy and a Regirock to one shot Nulls before evolving, you are gonna have a bad day. Especially since most Sivlally decks play primarily basics outside of Sivally.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Not really. I love the deck overall, and think it has a decent shot in the current meta of actually being competitive. I don't really see a lot of bad match-ups in my head either (Fire and Silvally are the only two that really stick out). It's pretty much just going to come down to how long it takes to get garbotoxin out, and if blower counts stay as low as they are currently in the meta. If Garb picks up in popularity and blowers increase in counts, this deck just falls flat IMO. A good Silvally player (again, not very popular in the current meta) is just gonna run you over. Without Strong energy and a Regirock to one shot Nulls before evolving, you are gonna have a bad day. Especially since most Sivlally decks play primarily basics outside of Sivally.
I agree. Why is Fire a bad matchup though? You can oneshot with Drampa and they play lots of Items, plus you can shut off Steam Up with Garbotoxin.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
I agree. Why is Fire a bad matchup though? You can oneshot with Drampa and they play lots of Items, plus you can shut off Steam Up with Garbotoxin.

They could focus on Turtonator and play relatively few items at all. A T1 Kiawe to a Turt just guts this deck. There is no option for you to hit that 190. A straight volc deck would be a good match up, but the current form of fire builds have other options that can take advantage of your fragile mons. I SUPPOSE that if you managed to get off a flying flip you could potentially one shot a turt, but that is an attachemnt to Tapu Koko, and there is no accelration in this deck. That means a Berserk won't come out until turn three at the earliest, and at that point you've probably already lost your Drampa.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
They could focus on Turtonator and play relatively few items at all. A T1 Kiawe to a Turt just guts this deck. There is no option for you to hit that 190. A straight volc deck would be a good match up, but the current form of fire builds have other options that can take advantage of your fragile mons. I SUPPOSE that if you managed to get off a flying flip you could potentially one shot a turt, but that is an attachemnt to Tapu Koko, and there is no accelration in this deck. That means a Berserk won't come out until turn three at the earliest, and at that point you've probably already lost your Drampa.
That's true, but they'd have to start Turtonator/get it active by T2, go first, have Kiawe on T1 and Choice Band (or Steam Up) at the ready T2, and then keep the Turtonator charged.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
That's true, but they'd have to start Turtonator/get it active by T2, go first, have Kiawe on T1 and Choice Band (or Steam Up) at the ready T2, and then keep the Turtonator charged.

Which is not difficult for most of the current fire builds. Focusing on the T1 Kiawe just keeps becoming more and more popular amongst fire players. With the lack of any real prominent water decks (Glaceon could change this depending on popularity) Ho-oh is being excluded to include additional Turtonators. I expect to see another resurgence of Fire decks, focused on only using volc as steam up support and not as an attacker.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Which is not difficult for most of the current fire builds. Focusing on the T1 Kiawe just keeps becoming more and more popular amongst fire players. With the lack of any real prominent water decks (Glaceon could change this depending on popularity) Ho-oh is being excluded to include additional Turtonators. I expect to see another resurgence of Fire decks, focused on only using volc as steam up support and not as an attacker.
True. It's still an entirely winnable matchup, though.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Nice deck. I kinda like it. Probably gonna test. Also, what cards from ULP would you add? @GekkisaiDaiNi
Cynthia, obviously. Lose an N, a Sycamore, and a Lele (I expect people to be testing Glaceon) for 3. Then, lose either the Skyla, the E Hammer, or the Counter Catcher for a Pal Pad. Other than those, I don't see any new additions.