Finished Golden Balls - Celever is the Champion! - Game 2 Split/Split Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Espeon

_____________________________________hi
---GAME 2---

Round 1 - Results
The results for this round have come in a little early because of prompt voting. Three votes were placed on @Blakers and he has been eliminated along with his balls. (He hadn't actually had a chance to vote yet but in the interest of keeping the game moving quickly we'll move on).

The key question for the remaining players though, is who was telling the truth, and what was on everyone's back row?

Well,

TheAnticipationEevee had...
nCzlJyt.png

NinjaPenguin had...
cGsFPwn.png

Blakers had...

GItQCEO.png

Jadethepokemontrainer had...
HOULBWc.png

Blakers' first Killer ball contained:

20150110171656%21163Hoothoot.png

Hoothoot

Blakers' second Killer ball contained:

240px-577Solosis.png

Solosis!

See you in the next post for Round 2!

Ice Espeon

---GAME 2---

Round 2 - Discussion
See the OP for how this round is set up!

TheAnticipationEevee has...
M3R889r.png

NinjaPenguin has...

oMndtd6.png

Jadethepokemontrainer has...
rtgGsOk.png

The discussion phase for Round 2 will end on 1st September at 23:00 BST

Begin!

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
So seems super not likely, but believe it or not, i dont have killers again! I am a lucky guy :D

Got Octillery Vivillon Galvantula Crobat Shuckle.

Tbh, id be down with these 5 as my final team xD

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
So it appears no one is lying, sooooo this should be obvious.

@Jadethepokemontrainer I think we should both vote out NP, that way we bring only 1 Killer and we have a really good chance of building a no dud team.

Shuckle, Gyarados, Vivillon, Galvantula and the GS Ball are like the Top 5 things we want probably.

Blissey Luxray and Venomoth are all sub par imo, and bringing 2 additional killers to your 1 is uhhh awful since u'd have 3 potential killers compared to the 1.

Again, sorry if Im ruining discussion or anything, but I like to keep things short and sweet so

my vote will go to NinjaPenguin to be eliminated.

and

#ENDPHASE

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
All I can promise is that I'll Split with whomever I'm against and that I'm worse at battling than Eevee. Besides that, I have some arguments for my team.

@TheAnticipationEevee I want to point out that according to Smogon, "Venomoth is among UU's most potent sweepers". Hitmonlee is terrible, since it's niche as rapid spin is neutralized by the extreme lack of hazards on the defending champion team. Magnezone's niche as a Magnet Puller is neutralized by the lack of Steel Types, making it comparable to Luxray. Gyarados is good, but so is Blissey, which can work as both a Rocks setter and a team healer. Seeing as there are no rock setters besides Blissey, that makes it pretty useful. Which means that you're left with a predicament: take the GS ball, which has a 20% of being a killer or could easily be bad, or take Venomoth, a powerful sweeper (and hopefully, the person you can trust more). The choice is yours.

@Jadethepokemontrainer Eevee may have no killers, but what does he have? Octillery Vivillon Galvantula Crobat Shuckle. Galvantula and Shuckle are two sticky web users, and nothing else (Shuckle can't stall well because of it's meager 20 HP). Vivillon tries to do Venomoth's job, but is worse than it, as evidenced by being two tiers lower. Crobat has offensive utility, but it's not as good as a healer/Stealth Rocks setter like Blissey can be. Octillery is close to useless. It may be a bit better than a killer, but that's only barely enough to close the gap between Crobat and Blissey. So you have a choice too: take a sweeper two tiers better than Eevee's (and hopefully someone you can trust more) or take Sticky Web. The choice is yours.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
All I can promise is that I'll Split with whomever I'm against and that I'm worse at battling than Eevee. Besides that, I have some arguments for my team.

@TheAnticipationEevee I want to point out that according to Smogon, "Venomoth is among UU's most potent sweepers". Hitmonlee is terrible, since it's niche as rapid spin is neutralized by the extreme lack of hazards on the defending champion team. Magnezone's niche as a Magnet Puller is neutralized by the lack of Steel Types, making it comparable to Luxray. Gyarados is good, but so is Blissey, which can work as both a Rocks setter and a team healer. Seeing as there are no rock setters besides Blissey, that makes it pretty useful. Which means that you're left with a predicament: take the GS ball, which has a 20% of being a killer or could easily be bad, or take Venomoth, a powerful sweeper (and hopefully, the person you can trust more). The choice is yours.

@Jadethepokemontrainer Eevee may have no killers, but what does he have? Octillery Vivillon Galvantula Crobat Shuckle. Galvantula and Shuckle are two sticky web users, and nothing else (Shuckle can't stall well because of it's meager 20 HP). Vivillon tries to do Venomoth's job, but is worse than it, as evidenced by being two tiers lower. Crobat has offensive utility, but it's not as good as a healer/Stealth Rocks setter like Blissey can be. Octillery is close to useless. It may be a bit better than a killer, but that's only barely enough to close the gap between Crobat and Blissey. So you have a choice too: take a sweeper two tiers better than Eevee's (and hopefully someone you can trust more) or take Sticky Web. The choice is yours.

1) I've already stated that I would already split with anyone during last round, regardless of whatever team I got, it just happens that I truly hit the jackpot with golden balls. I do not have to be at the mercy of others to say that "All I can promise is I'll Split"

2) Hitmonlee is far better than any killer, unless the Killer is named Eevee. I'll happily take a Hitmonlee over the astoundingly low chance of getting an Eevee.

3) Magnezone has a very important ability named "Sturdy". Much better than "Magnet Pull". It cannot be compared to Luxray cause they both function entirely differently.

4) Don't try comparing Blissey to Gyarados. Gyarados is far superior to Blissey. Blissey just dies to all physical attacks.

5) 80% Really Good Pokemon, 20% Killer. But hey, that is better than 100% Killer, which would be the scenario if I kept you ^w^

6) Sticky Web is one of the best moves in the game. Its basically a golden ticket to winning. Having 2 options just increases your chances of getting a golden ticket.

7) Shuckle stalls very well. Its high defenses and sturdy can certainly give it at least a Stealth Rocks and a Sticky Web which does you plenty in games.

8) Galvantula has high Sp Atk and Speed, so can do quick sweeping damage.

9) Blissey is BAAD. Dies to physical attacks. Crobat sweeps, and stealth rocks doesn't kill it straight up, and it won't be as common in random Pokemon battles.

10) Octillery close to useless is better than Killers being completely useless. :) It has utility, and not that bad. Certainly better than a Phanpy.

So Jade, you have two options. You can go into the final round with 10 Golden Balls and 1 Killer, with a bunch of great Pokemon in the mix. Or you can choose to go in the final round with 8 Golden Balls, 3 Killers, and a Blissey that will get OHKO'ed by basically any physical move, A venomoth that will get completely wrecked by the Champion's Xatu, and a Luxray, which is just not that good at all. :)

Ice Espeon

---GAME 2---

Round 2 - Voting
The voting stage of Round 1 has now begun. No players may post in the thread.

@TheAnticipationEevee @NinjaPenguin @Jadethepokemontrainer

You have 24 hours to submit your votes for who to eliminate to me via PM. Further details on voting (such as what happens in a tie) are available in the OP.

(Also thanks for reminding me about names being added to sign-ups - will do these shortly!)

Ice Espeon

---GAME 2---

Round 2 - Results
Two votes were placed on @NinjaPenguin and one vote was placed on @TheAnticipationEevee and so NinjaPenguin has been eliminated along with his balls.

The key question for the remaining players though, is who was telling the truth, and what was on everyone's back row?

Well,

TheAnticipationEevee had...
GtnQKMp.png

NinjaPenguin had...
00XJrUw.png

Jadethepokemontrainer had...
wEuOOuu.png

NinjaPenguin's first Killer ball contained:

20130824172417%21624Pawniard.png

Pawniard!

NinjaPenguin's second Killer ball contained:

20140703031641%21318Carvanha.png

Carvanha!

See you in the next post for Round 3!

Ice Espeon

---GAME 2---

Round 3 Results
@TheAnticipationEevee chose balls 3, 5 and 11, while @Jadethepokemontrainer chose balls 4, 6 and 10.

The Contents were...
gydA7pV.png

The Contents of any Killer(s)/GS Ball not in the final team:
694.gif
325.gif

Helioptile and Spoink!

The Final Team (including contents of Killer(s)/GS Ball):
cJ3VcFL.gif
sXSMHyk.gif
WUapj58.gif
oyRc8V1.gif
SDLPOvj.gif
99ZEqsd.gif

Galvantula, Hitmonlee, Octillery, Shuckle, Crobat and Mega-Swampert!

Final Round - Split or Steal

To decide who gets to use that team, we play Split or Steal. As a reminder, the rules are:

· If both players choose Split, both players battle with the final team on Pokémon Showdown to see which of them will face the Champion.
· If one player chooses Steal and the other chooses Split, the player who chose Steal will advance to fight the Champion and the player who chose Split gets nothing.
· If both players choose Steal, then both players lose and neither goes on to fight the Champion. Instead, the players who were eliminated in Rounds 1 and 2 battle to determine which of them will fight the Champion, using the created team.

In this round there is a discussion phase lasting 48 hours and then a choosing phase that lasts 24 hours. The choice of Split or Steal must be sent to me via PM. Again, the discussion round can be ended early if both players post ##ENDPHASE.

With all that said, let's get the final round underway.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Well, as I stated multiple times earlier, I said I would split @Jadethepokemontrainer

Hopefully you would be willing to do the same, cause we worked together in a sense to get here and build that final team, so it would only be fair to duel it out = )

Additionally, there seems to be a trend on Pokebeach that if someone screws some people over in a game, the effects carry on to other games =O

Anyways, I don't have much to say besides that so ##ENDPHASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.