• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Goomy/Kartana

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
If you did swap out Hala for Guzma you would only have five draw Supporters and that would be really low and I'm not sure swapping out their Pokemon would be as important. I think I'm starting to piece this deck together a bit more and started to debate if Skyla would be any help or not. She would let you recover your Choice Bands when they shuffle back in and let you get Beast Rings for ramp turns.

Maybe that Dhelmise that anthems metal damage? It would push Kartana into one hitting Lele with a Band on with just one of them out.

This is a wacky deck and I like it.
Over time I am beginning to see why Skyla would be so good and the option of playing 2 or even 3 reigns quite large now. Any suggestions on what to take out for 2 Skyla?

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
I typically push for an active stadium over a passive one especially with a F. You also need to keep getting Kartana back. Greninja GX or Greninja Break getting big might make Sky Pillar a better choice but Mr. Mime would protect against the others. Buzzwole Gx, Alolan Ninetails GX and maybe Promo Tapu Koko are what I would suspect for bench snipers. Garchomp being a budget sniper as well.

Swapping out cards for Skyla. How important is Super Rod? You have Solgaleo for getting it from the discard with an attack and if all goes to plan it get shuffled back in after an attack along with your current two Rescue Stretcher for recovering Pokemon. I'm also looking at Special Charge but I'm cycling over making that another Skyla or Energy Loto Beast Ring does help with ramp at that prize range then having the chance to possibly find Beast Energy could be very useful.

Are you still thinking about swapping Hala out Cynthia is a consistent six but if any deck can get Hala at seven reliably it's this one.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I typically push for an active stadium over a passive one especially with a F. You also need to keep getting Kartana back. Greninja GX or Greninja Break getting big might make Sky Pillar a better choice but Mr. Mime would protect against the others. Buzzwole Gx, Alolan Ninetails GX and maybe Promo Tapu Koko are what I would suspect for bench snipers. Garchomp being a budget sniper as well.

Swapping out cards for Skyla. How important is Super Rod? You have Solgaleo for getting it from the discard with an attack and if all goes to plan it get shuffled back in after an attack along with your current two Rescue Stretcher for recovering Pokemon. I'm also looking at Special Charge but I'm cycling over making that another Skyla or Energy Loto Beast Ring does help with ramp at that prize range then having the chance to possibly find Beast Energy could be very useful.

Are you still thinking about swapping Hala out Cynthia is a consistent six but if any deck can get Hala at seven reliably it's this one.
Thank you for the feedback.
Yeah, I think Super Rod is gonna go.
Yes, I am. This deck can only take 2HKO's, and if I hit once and my opponent retreats, it's the end of the world for me. I still don't know if it's a good idea, though.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
If you did swap out Hala for Guzma you would only have five draw Supporters and that would be really low and I'm not sure swapping out their Pokemon would be as important. I think I'm starting to piece this deck together a bit more and started to debate if Skyla would be any help or not. She would let you recover your Choice Bands when they shuffle back in and let you get Beast Rings for ramp turns.

Maybe that Dhelmise that anthems metal damage? It would push Kartana into one hitting Lele with a Band on with just one of them out.

This is a wacky deck and I like it.

I'm going to second Dhelmise here, but only a single copy.
One anchor is enough to work in conjunction with either Beast Energy/Choice Band (and not both at the same time) securing 2-HKOs throughout this 210hp meta and synergizes with Mysterious Treasure, if you decide you want it back.

Also, I will second Skyla here. When your tutoring engine goes online, you only really need to search out specific stuff.

I think Pal Pad would have an amazing effect here, as well (though this is just off the top of my head), recycling draw power and Plumeria.

The thing is, I can't find much room for modifications without being able to test it (which I will). I will suggest the following, with a grain of salt:

-1 Beast Ring
-1 Rescue Stretcher OR Super Rod
-1 Metal Energy OR Special Charge (unless you're running into a lot of control decks)

+1 Dhelmise
+2 Skyla
mental note: find room for 1 Pal Pad

Finally, I will second that I love this idea. Not sure how effective it's been, but congrats on it no matter what.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Neat list!

Have you tested at all? How's your BuzzRoc and Necrozma matchup? Just curious before I make my edits.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Neat list!

Have you tested at all? How's your BuzzRoc and Necrozma matchup? Just curious before I make my edits.
I have league only on Fridays. I will try to run into as much Buzzwole and U-crozma as possible. (I know someone who plays both.)
So no, I haven't tested IRL, but I play myself sometimes. Its going well.

I'm going to second Dhelmise here, but only a single copy.
One anchor is enough to work in conjunction with either Beast Energy/Choice Band (and not both at the same time) securing 2-HKOs throughout this 210hp meta and synergizes with Mysterious Treasure, if you decide you want it back.

Also, I will second Skyla here. When your tutoring engine goes online, you only really need to search out specific stuff.

I think Pal Pad would have an amazing effect here, as well (though this is just off the top of my head), recycling draw power and Plumeria.

The thing is, I can't find much room for modifications without being able to test it (which I will). I will suggest the following, with a grain of salt:

-1 Beast Ring
-1 Rescue Stretcher OR Super Rod
-1 Metal Energy OR Special Charge (unless you're running into a lot of control decks)

+1 Dhelmise
+2 Skyla
mental note: find room for 1 Pal Pad

Finally, I will second that I love this idea. Not sure how effective it's been, but congrats on it no matter what.
All good ideas. I will modify the list immediately.
And thank you.:D

Post updated.
Changes:
-1 Solgaleo <> (proven useless)
-1 Super Rod (proven unnecessary)
-1 Special Charge (proven unnecessary)

+1 Dhelmise
+2 Skyla

The energy retrieval methods were proven Space-takers, because if I'm any good, all the Energy I use will be shuffled in anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, crap...I just noticed you don't run Guzma.

Any plans of adding it? At least a single copy for emergency issues or a key KO that might slip out of range?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Oh, crap...I just noticed you don't run Guzma.

Any plans of adding it? At least a single copy for emergency issues or a key KO that might slip out of range?
Yeah, this problem came up earlier. I asked if we could switch the Hala with Guzma, but I’m not sure.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Tried it online 2 days straight now, using 2 different approaches: your exact list and a different set of trainer cards.

Your current list, as it is, is a legit control option and quite playable at it, but eventually bricks. By then, one of two scenarios is bound to happen:
  • your search engine is online, including the right range for Beast Ring: the strategy flows until it slows itself down due to Beast Ring no longer applicable or available and breaks down due to poor topdecking. By then, opponent's Guzma and enough time to charge up attackers manually or through a proper engine can turn the match around. If you can topdeck draw supporters, you may get back in, but it's uncertain.
  • your search engine is offline: it ends rather quickly with your opponent running you over due to your deck increasing out instead thinning itself, compromising your ability to keep going.

I switched some stuff around, tossed away some unneeded stuff, messed around with some numbers, took a more conservative approach with Supporters and came up with a list that keeps itself going much better but still has its issues, especially against decks that don't run special energy at all (Enhanced Hammer luck makes or breaks it).

Either way, Zoroark-based decks are utterly destroyed. Mill is incapable of handling Kartana's withdraw.
Dusk Mane variants and Tapu Bulu are nigh-unwinnable match-ups, while Malamar variants are bad match-ups but playable.
Buzzwole is a toss-up.

I'll be editing this post shortly to present the changelist, if it interests you.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Tried it online 2 days straight now, using 2 different approaches: your exact list and a different set of trainer cards.

Your current list, as it is, is a legit control option and quite playable at it, but eventually bricks. By then, one of two scenarios is bound to happen:
  • your search engine is online, including the right range for Beast Ring: the strategy flows until it slows itself down due to Beast Ring no longer applicable or available and breaks down due to poor topdecking. By then, opponent's Guzma and enough time to charge up attackers manually or through a proper engine can turn the match around. If you can topdeck draw supporters, you may get back in, but it's uncertain.
  • your search engine is offline: it ends rather quickly with your opponent running you over due to your deck increasing out instead thinning itself, compromising your ability to keep going.

I switched some stuff around, tossed away some unneeded stuff, messed around with some numbers, took a more conservative approach with Supporters and came up with a list that keeps itself going much better but still has its issues, especially against decks that don't run special energy at all (Enhanced Hammer luck makes or breaks it).

Either way, Zoroark-based decks are utterly destroyed. Mill is incapable of handling Kartana's withdraw.
Dusk Mane variants and Tapu Bulu are nigh-unwinnable match-ups, while Malamar variants are bad match-ups but playable.
Buzzwole is a toss-up.

I'll be editing this post shortly to present the changelist, if it interests you.
Thank you SO much! I haven’t been able to go to league in a few weeks, so my deck remains pretty much untested.
Alright. I would like to see the change list; but I must inform you that I will be keeping the Crushing Hammer: I have all the Enhanced Hammer I need in Kartana’s Ability. As long as it shuffles itself in and you have Ultra Space in play, you get an Enhanced Hammer every turn.
I will be waiting for the changes!

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
-3 Prof. Sycamore
-2 Hala
-2 Plumeria
-1 Brigette

-4 Ultra Ball
-1 Beast Ring
-2 Escape Board

-1 Metal Energy

Discarding hurts this deck a lot. You can't really afford to miss out on anything at any given moment.
While Sycamore does help out with consistency, it comes at a great cost for this deck. Hala isn't an optimal draw support choice, because you don't want to rush Blade GX. While Plumeria initially seems painfully obvious, its discard cost in conjunction with its opportunity cost (you don't want Plumeria in the early game, more on that later) ends up clogging the deck. Brigette isn't necessary, you're not aiming for a full bench from the get-go.

Oranguru would be the only 'mon not fetchable in this deck with this version. But it doesn't need to be fetched early on. Ultra Ball ends up being costlier than Mysterious Treasure. One less Beast Ring is debatable, up to you. Both Dhelmise and Oranguru retreat for 2, Escape Board goes.

(M) is being replaced for a good reason.
------------------------------------

+1 Oranguru (ULP)

+4 Cynthia
+4 N
+2 Guzma

+3 Mysterious Treasure
+1 Energy Lotto
+2 Float Stone

+1 Unit Energy LPM

After you get things going, if you manage to sneak in a turn where the opponent cannot attack effectively, Resource Management can secure victories by recycling key items.

Cynthia and N in high counts keep you going. Guzma secures kills and gets you out of tough spots.

Mysterious Treasure is extremely cost-effective here. And the deck works itself out so that you don't need 4 copies. An extra Energy Lotto helps with the most important aspect of the deck: finding energy every turn. Float Stone is better than Escape Board.

LPM plays an unexpected double role here: Unlocks both Tapu Cure GX and Anchor Shot (Dhelmise's attack), the latter making it possible to OHKO Buzzwole with a Choice Band. Yes, wacky. And yes, I've done it.

So, there you have it. Things to look out for:

- Find energy EVERY TURN. Can't stress this out enough.
- Win the stadium war, no matter what.
- When in doubt, search for Dhelmise. It gets sh!t done like a boss in this deck, to the point people will Guzma it on sight once they realize it.
- Things to work on - energy rate (maybe more energy can be run, maybe a 3rd Lotto); Ultra Space quantities (maybe one more?); counter to unwinnable scenarios (I'm thinking Hoopa).

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
-3 Prof. Sycamore
-2 Hala
-2 Plumeria
-1 Brigette

-4 Ultra Ball
-1 Beast Ring
-2 Escape Board

-1 Metal Energy

Discarding hurts this deck a lot. You can't really afford to miss out on anything at any given moment.
While Sycamore does help out with consistency, it comes at a great cost for this deck. Hala isn't an optimal draw support choice, because you don't want to rush Blade GX. While Plumeria initially seems painfully obvious, its discard cost in conjunction with its opportunity cost (you don't want Plumeria in the early game, more on that later) ends up clogging the deck. Brigette isn't necessary, you're not aiming for a full bench from the get-go.

Oranguru would be the only 'mon not fetchable in this deck with this version. But it doesn't need to be fetched early on. Ultra Ball ends up being costlier than Mysterious Treasure. One less Beast Ring is debatable, up to you. Both Dhelmise and Oranguru retreat for 2, Escape Board goes.

(M) is being replaced for a good reason.

+1 Oranguru (ULP)

+4 Cynthia
+4 N
+2 Guzma

+3 Mysterious Treasure
+1 Energy Lotto
+2 Float Stone

+1 Unit Energy LPM

After you get things going, if you manage to sneak in a turn where the opponent cannot attack effectively, Resource Management can secure victories by recycling key items.

Cynthia and N in high counts keep you going. Guzma secures kills and gets you out of tough spots.

Mysterious Treasure is extremely cost-effective here. And the deck works itself out so that you don't need 4 copies. An extra Energy Lotto helps with the most important aspect of the deck: finding energy every turn. Float Stone is better than Escape Board.

LPM plays an unexpected double role here: Unlocks both Tapu Cure GX and Anchor Shot (Dhelmise's attack), the latter making it possible to OHKO Buzzwole with a Choice Band. Yes, wacky. And yes, I've done it.

So, there you have it. Things to look out for:

- Find energy EVERY TURN. Can't stress this out enough.
- Win the stadium war, no matter what.
- When in doubt, search for Dhelmise. It gets sh!t done like a boss in this deck, to the point people will Guzma it on sight once they realize it.
- Things to work on - energy rate (maybe more energy can be run, maybe a 3rd Lotto); Ultra Space quantities (maybe one more?); counter to unwinnable scenarios (I'm thinking Hoopa).
Alright. I like some of these changes. Not all of them.
I'll do the -Sycamore, Brigette, and Plumeria. (Because of said Brigette removal, I'll definately take out 1 Tapu Lele. It's just not necessary.) The Hala stays.
I know the Ultra Ball is a discarding card. I know we can just use Mysterious Treasure and Ultra Space to get all of them out. But the versitaliy of Ultra Ball is too good to give up. I'll give some up. Some.
I will do the Beast Ring (as long as it puts me down to 3, not 2.)
Escape Board for Float Stone was and option. It lets you get more for your Dhelmise. But after all, only 1 Pokémon in this ENTIRE DECK has a Retreat Cost of more than 1. So, why not get the added bonus? Consistency, sure, but still.
I'm sorry, but the Metal Energy stays. Many a time, I have drained my deck out of Energy after Beast Ring-ing once. The Metal Energy count can't dwindle, it has to get bigger, actually.
I've heard much about Oranguru. I hear it's good in this deck. I understand. But like I said last time, Goomy's Ability must stay in play, or my opponent has a chance to strike.
Cynthia and N were good choices, and I'm going to put them in, but I'm keeping some Hala. (By the way, we can't have 6 N in a deck like you suggested.)
Guzma, thank you very much.
I'll put some Mysterious Treasure in, but I'm still saving some U-Ball for consistency purposes.
Energy Loto is welcome.
Again, the Unit Energy (while you can heal Jet Punch'd Goomies with Tapu Cure) needs to be left out so Beast Ring can shine.

These changes help, but I have my reasons.
Here are my changes:
-3 Sycamore
-2 Plumeria
-1 Brigette
-2 Ultra Ball
-1 Beast Ring
-1 Tapu Lele

+4 Cynthia
+2 Mysterious Treasure
+2 Guzma
+1 Metal Energy
+1 N

These changes are effective approximately immediately.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Apparently, I slept on the N count. Sorry for that.

Other than that, the only point I must argue against, especially since you won't be running Oranguru, is Ultra Ball.

You mentioned consistency issues to keep it, but there's literally nothing that can be done in this deck by Ultra Ball that Mysterious Treasure can't do either, costing less. Except, for some reason, if discarding an extra card is a necessity.

For everything else, I understand your stance. I could argue against Hala and suggest Lilian to maintain draw power, but I guess that's a playstyle choice.

Do keep us updated on how it goes for you, though.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
-2 U-Ball
+2 Mysterious Treasure

Updated to accommodate the fact that with Mysterious Treasure and Ultra Space, you can search anything in the deck.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Alright. I like some of these changes. Not all of them.
I'll do the -Sycamore, Brigette, and Plumeria. (Because of said Brigette removal, I'll definately take out 1 Tapu Lele. It's just not necessary.) The Hala stays.
I know the Ultra Ball is a discarding card. I know we can just use Mysterious Treasure and Ultra Space to get all of them out. But the versitaliy of Ultra Ball is too good to give up. I'll give some up. Some.
I will do the Beast Ring (as long as it puts me down to 3, not 2.)
Escape Board for Float Stone was and option. It lets you get more for your Dhelmise. But after all, only 1 Pokémon in this ENTIRE DECK has a Retreat Cost of more than 1. So, why not get the added bonus? Consistency, sure, but still.
I'm sorry, but the Metal Energy stays. Many a time, I have drained my deck out of Energy after Beast Ring-ing once. The Metal Energy count can't dwindle, it has to get bigger, actually.
I've heard much about Oranguru. I hear it's good in this deck. I understand. But like I said last time, Goomy's Ability must stay in play, or my opponent has a chance to strike.
Cynthia and N were good choices, and I'm going to put them in, but I'm keeping some Hala. (By the way, we can't have 6 N in a deck like you suggested.)
Guzma, thank you very much.
I'll put some Mysterious Treasure in, but I'm still saving some U-Ball for consistency purposes.
Energy Loto is welcome.
Again, the Unit Energy (while you can heal Jet Punch'd Goomies with Tapu Cure) needs to be left out so Beast Ring can shine.

These changes help, but I have my reasons.
Here are my changes:
-3 Sycamore
-2 Plumeria
-1 Brigette
-2 Ultra Ball
-1 Beast Ring
-1 Tapu Lele

+4 Cynthia
+2 Mysterious Treasure
+2 Guzma
+1 Metal Energy
+1 N

These changes are effective approximately immediately.
Out of curiosity, why are you keeping Hala when Blade isn't exactly meant to be a GX attack that has to be used ASAP? Its main use is to let you take your last prize or to save you from seven-prize games.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Out of curiosity, why are you keeping Hala when Blade isn't exactly meant to be a GX attack that has to be used ASAP? Its main use is to let you take your last prize or to save you from seven-prize games.
I beg to differ. Blade GX can be used any time in the game: the endgame, or to try to get help when you're stuck, or because you can't do anything else, a-
Alright, I'll do it. Hala will be taken out, and I will decide what will be put in.

-2 Hala

+1 Tapu Lele
+1 Unit Energy LPM
These changes were to accommodate what @PlatinumDude and @K-Genesis said.
Post updated.
Changes:
-1 Solgaleo <> (proven useless)
-1 Super Rod (proven unnecessary)
-1 Special Charge (proven unnecessary)

+1 Dhelmise
+2 Skyla

The energy retrieval methods were proven Space-takers, because if I'm any good, all the Energy I use will be shuffled in anyway.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS! Forgot to do this!

Last edited by a moderator:

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
I just decided to get back into the game, but I don't want to make an expensive deck, would you say I should build this? (I'm mainly just playing meme decks at leauge)