News Legendary Pokemon Distributions, TCG Products Announced for 2018: Explains Some Things!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Since it says "Groudon or Kyogre", I wonder if one Pokemon is going to be an Internet download, and the other is going to be the GameStop code card download; switching up which gets the specific download style each month.

starg09

Aspiring Trainer
So November could either be a Unova set or a Johto set. My bet would be on Unova.

Welp, better enjoy that period between September and November without N in Standard. Won't be having much of that until 2020 (at least) it seems.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Welp, better enjoy that period between September and November without N in Standard. Won't be having much of that until 2020 (at least) it seems.
Just wait. Every single big event in that time span will be expanded. I'm not complaining though, I love N.

Jason Martin

Aspiring Trainer
This also explains their puzzling "main series Pokémon game on Switch" statements. There will be a main series game on Switch, a remake of a previous game, released to coincide with the corresponding months region focus.

Jason Martin

Aspiring Trainer
That card literally ruins the game. It makes no sense why they have kept it in this long. I have list more games to N than any other card. It's the worst "rubber band" Nintendo creates since the Blue Shell.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
That card literally ruins the game. It makes no sense why they have kept it in this long. I have list more games to N than any other card. It's the worst "rubber band" Nintendo creates since the Blue Shell.

I personally have no issues with N. It may act as a rubber band, but everyone knows that your opponent plays N, so if you haven't built your deck to play around it (including an Octillery/Zoroark GX or a lot of outs to a Lele or other supporter) or if you just go overly aggressive and just take a bunch of prizes without effectively thinning your deck, then that's your fault. In my opinion it acts as a ceiling raiser for play skill.

TheGabiType

Grass type pokemon trainer
I wonder if shiny zygarde will be a power construct one... although I can't complain since he is shiny either way

Jason Martin

Aspiring Trainer
I personally have no issues with N. It may act as a rubber band, but everyone knows that your opponent plays N, so if you haven't built your deck to play around it (including an Octillery/Zoroark GX or a lot of outs to a Lele or other supporter) or if you just go overly aggressive and just take a bunch of prizes without effectively thinning your deck, then that's your fault. In my opinion it acts as a ceiling raiser for play skill.
I disagree. Top decking an N after your opponent has outplayed you for 5-6 turns, and is ahead on prizes 5-2 can be catastrophic, when your carefully curated hand of energy, supporters, etc, becomes one card. It's far too powerful. I'd be fine with it if there was a hard counter, like a Pokémon with an ability "ignore any effects targeting your hand" or something similar, but having to put in Zoro/Oct to maintain your lead is clunky game design.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Except it really isn't. To isolate players EVEN MORE than there is already in the Pokemon TCG would be a HUGE mistake. If you look at any other TCG there are cards that you can play during your opponents turn, and have more interaction between players. If you get rid of N, then what you actually do in the game matters very little. It becomes about if you draw your cards. Deck building and gameplay become far less interesting, and dominant decks (BDIFs, OP decks, etc) become far more prevalent. When you can't do ANYTHING to disrupt your opponents strategy, the game just becomes stale and boring. Sounds like you just hate being punished for being overly aggressive.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
A piece of information that I've noticed is missing is that the legendaries are distributed to the games that they weren't found in so the list would work like this:

Feb: Dialga for UM/M and Palkia for US/S
March: Regigigas for US/S and Heatran for UM/M
April: Raikou for UM/M and Entei for US/S
May: Xerneas for UM/M and Yveltal for US/S
June: Shiny Zygarde for all 4 games
July: Tornadus for UM/M and Thundurus for US/S
Aug: Groudon for UM/M and Kyogre for US/S
Sept: Latias for US/S and Latios for UM/M
Oct: Reshiram for UM/M and Zekrom for US/S
Nov: Ho-oh for UM/M and Lugia for US/S

Another detail not mentioned is that when downloaded for USUM, they will be level 100 and will hold a Gold Bottlecap but when downloaded for SM they'll be level 60 and won't hold a Gold Bottlecap.

Also, the specific differences between the Dialga and Palkia for the games is that Dialga and Palkia will be level 60 in Sun and Moon respectively while they will be level 100 is USUM. They will also have one move that is different; with Dialga in Sun having Iron Tail instead of Draco Meteor in US and Palkia in Moon having Aqua Tail instead of Draco Meteor as well.

Last edited:

Trainerjaren

Aspiring Trainer

It's not a rubber band because N affects you too. The blue shell doesn't. Also You can often gen N'd into a playable hand after a starting brick BY YOUR OPPONENT so this card definitely has its draw backs.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Pokémon, there had better be a Goodra GX (or at least a regular Goodra) in May.
And while you’re at it, can it be playable?