Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
As an FYI, I knew Drac could have targeted sim for a kill, but figured saying it must be Gekki was better, since it would give reactions if the scum knew I was right or not. Never bothered to look back there though for more info, though, so wasted potential there.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Congratulations to Bill's Minions!
A special mention to NP. I knew you were a great Mafia player, but this game coronated you. I'm really impressed of your intelligence. You rock.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Good game mafian, and thanks for hosting Jade! It was interesting anti-meta game for sure. ^.^
Also thanks to @MegaPod_781 for sticking around - I for one hope to see you play again.

After playing another game with 120-hour days, I'm pretty convinced that those times don't work well in our meta. People start getting apathetic (as you can see from Day 3-onwards), and even in the days where all 120-hours of time was used, it was just fundamentally back-and-forth arguments that didn't really go anywhere. Days that last 72-hours should work better for that reason.

Anyway, we're about a week behind schedule for Mafia L sign-ups, and so I might put up a One-Night Mafia for those who'd like to play something in that gap, especially since we haven't had one for a while.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Thanks, bbninjas, I hope to play another game here sometime, too. Now that I've gotten a taste of what mafia is like on Pokebeach, I might be a bit better equipped for that day!

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
Congratulations @NinjaPenguin! You went for total annihilation! At least at some point I considered that you were indie and bill's minions. Unfortunately I was too focused on Rainyman and Megapod. A reminder to stay open minded I guess.

This was an interesting game, thank you for hosting it @Jadethepokemontrainer

Now I can finally say that I wish I was godfather. That would've been so cool :D

Nyora

A Cat
Yknow if y’all had just lynched meapod first we double at least gotten to see what the 2nd half of my Ability does ;~;

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Here's an FYI on why I think this game had such balance issues:
To win this game, 4 mislynches needed to be pushed through. Simple enough. Here's the roles, and if they could ever be mislynched:
2 Masons-No chance
Reviver-No chance
Lynchproof-No chance
Seer-Practically no chance
Random Blocker, backed up by backup-Small Chance
Role-swapper, backup-Pretty Good Chance
Post Restriction Revenge-Chance
Percentage Role Redirector-Chance
Indie Alliance Maker-Chance
Indie Vig-Chance

Sure, a no lynch could be forced by lynching Robin or something, but there's a reviver to counter that. The point is, that leaves scum with 6 possible targets, of whom four need to be lynched (if indie vig gets converted to scum, it's suddenly only 5). I'd argue also that Mega's role shouldn't really have been a possible target, but it worked.
Now if the seer gets protection from the doctor-mason (which is a messed up role itself) for the good ol' FtC core, we're looking at a good chance one of them gets scanned as town. That's just one less option, unless scum really wants to play the role spec game and claim somebody might be a Godfather. Additionally, rainy had the ability to use his own power as a seer, since he didn't swap from safeclaims. And if the doctor protects someone or the bulletproof vest absorbs a shot? We're looking at another mislynch that needs to be forced.
At the end of the day, this setup leaves a group of people who all need to be mislynched if scum wants a chance. If those people are nightkilled, basically cleared by seer, etc., it gets so much harder for scum, potentially dooming them.

Also, Mariano never had a chance. He could win at the start of D4 at the earliest, assuming everybody accepts his offer. But if one of those players died (which is a very good chance of), people rejected his offer, or the game was one-sided, he could never win. We prolonged this one as much as possible and the game still made it only to D6, which meant the second Robin and whoever else denied an alliance and Lorde was dead, he'd lost the game. His alliances didn't help him or the person accepting at all either, which made this especially bad.

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
To win this game, 4 mislynches needed to be pushed through. Simple enough. Here's the roles, and if they could ever be mislynched:
Yeah don't let the results of this one fool you. The odds were stacked for the town. Town got played hard late. Town could have won in this set up very very very easily, lynches were very clear.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I forgot about Robin's double vote.

GG, NP should never have won this but there you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.