Finished Mafia XLV: Heroes of Askr ~ The Winner Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Night 3 Update
Knowing that this was potentially their final chance to keep the Emblians away for a bit longer, the Askrian Summoners fired their Breidabliks, but to no avail... They had shot one of their own once again...
You are a Summoner aligned with the Order of Heroes. A quiet individual who has the ability to wield the Breidablik, a holy weapon which allows you to, well, summon heroes from other worlds to your own.

Win Condition: All players not aligned with the Order of Heroes are eliminated.
~~~
Your free summon is... Not too shabby!

7lpCgYv.png

Lachesis, Lionheart’s Sister
~Colorless Hero~
"My brother Eldigan possessed Mystletainn, the Demon Sword, a legendary blade in my world. He was also known as a lord of lionhearted courage. I'll never meet the likes of Eldigan again."
Hero Aspect: Adoration- Each night, you may PM me “Adore: Player 1 and Player 2”. If those players have a combined 4 Red Heroes, they will both be protected from the night kill.
~~~
Your new hero is... Better luck next time!

TgTygvh.png

Clarine, Refined Noble
~Colorless Hero~
"Oh! On close inspection, you look twice as nice as I thought. But if you take a look at me, you'll see that I— Hey, are you listening to me?!"
Hero Aspect: All Eyes On Me!- Each night, you may PM me “Enchant: Player”. That player will be protected from the night kill, but will have one of their Heroes sent home. This Hero will be sent home after using this Hero Aspect.​
~~~
Your new hero is... Congratulations on such a rare hero!

jFQQcD8.png

Ninian, Oracle of Destiny
~Blue Hero~
"I am Ninian—quite simply, a traveling performer, glad to put on a show. It's nothing much, really."
Hero Aspect: Martyr of the Maelstrom- If you are lynched or killed, than the details behind the Grand Battle Heroes will be revealed upon your death.
Then... In the breeze, they heard words, drifting on the wind... Words that sounded as if they were from the not-so-distant past...
You also have the power to control the Grand Battle Heroes, powerful Heroes who cannot be summoned by normal means, but controlled with Embla’s contracts. Each day, you may PM me “Contract: Grand Battle Hero to Player”. That player, who does not necessarily have to be Embla aligned, will receive that Hero instead of the Hero they would have summoned that night. You may give someone...
Xander, Paragon Knight
Ursula, Blue Crow
Michalis, Ambitious King
Clarisse, Sniper in the Dark

Night 3 has begun. During the night, there is to be no posting in thread. Night 2 will end on 10/22 at 7:30 PM. Subs will be contacted for numerous players. If you wish to sub, contact me ASAP. This may very well be the last night of the game.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
Endgame Update
Knowing that a successful kill would give them reign over all of Askr, the Emblians got to work in the night in order to get a successful kill. Unfortunately for the Askrians, their only hope chose not to act during the night, leading to the death of them all...
You are a Summoner aligned with the Order of Heroes. A quiet individual who has the ability to wield the Breidablik, a holy weapon which allows you to, well, summon heroes from other worlds to your own.

~~~
Your free summon is... Not too shabby!

SDSxW5P.png

Camilla, Bewitching Beauty
~Green Hero~
"I can sympathize with the enemy's desire to snatch up so many Heroes. Sometimes when you're lonely, it helps to find the one thing that stokes your fire—and then feed it!"
Hero Aspect: Huge Assets- Your vote weight is now equal to 2.
~~~

7FvMzxi.png

Draug, Gentle Giant
~Red Hero~
"I'd feel a lot better if you wore heavy armor like me, but...you might not be able to move if you did!"
Hero Aspect: Good Guard- Each night you may PM me “Rock: Player”. You will send home one of their Heroes.​
~~~

7FvMzxi.png

Draug, Gentle Giant
~Red Hero~
"I'd feel a lot better if you wore heavy armor like me, but...you might not be able to move if you did!"
Hero Aspect: Good Guard- Each night you may PM me “Rock: Player”. You will send home one of their Heroes.

~~~
Your free summon is... Better luck next time!

mUDCkl4.png

Est, Junior Whitewing
~Blue Hero~
“People say I act childish, but I’m basically grown-up already!”
Hero Aspect: Pegasearch- Each night, you may PM me “Fly: Player”. You will learn what Hero that player received that night.​
~~~

qDErekp.png

Nino, Pious Mage
~Green Hero~
"I hope you'll read books to me a lot. I'm trying to learn how to read, so every little bit helps!"
Hero Aspect: Doing Her Best!- If your vote weight is irregular, than you are lynched at L+2.​
~~~

ZARzBLA.png

Celica, Caring Princess
~Red Hero~
"I was thinking about a childhood friend of mine. For some reason, we can never quite seem to meet up… Is it fate that keeps us apart?"
Hero Aspect: Beloved Princess- When you are lynched, all voting will be through PM the next day, and thus, anonymous.​

~~~

ZpSSbKb.png

Elincia, Lost Princess
~Red Hero~
"I suspect our journeys have left you worn out. When that happens, be sure to make it known. You can rely on us as we rely on you."
Hero Aspect: Amiti, Friend Uniting Blade- Every day you may summon two heroes instead of one.​
One by one, the Emblian summoners revealed themselves...
You are a Summoner aligned with the Emblian Empire. An individual who wishes to assist Princess Veronica in her conquest of Askr who also has the ability to summon heroes from exotic, far off worlds. Perhaps you only wanted to befriend Veronica, but one way or another, she’s poised you against Askr.

You may communicate with your teammates here: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/vnhQb4JGRsR

Win Condition: The Emblian Empire attains parity over the Order of Heroes
~~~

dakVv9J.png

Julia, Naga’s Blood
~Green Hero~
"My name is Julia—she who inherited the ability to use the book of the Divine Dragon, Naga."
Hero Aspect: Book of Naga, Heavenly Light- Each night, you may PM me “Purify: Player”. During the following day, that player’s vote weight is multiplied by -1.​
~~~
Your new hero is... Not too shabby!

98uO5Dg.png

Tharja, Dark Shadow
~Red Hero~
"I like working on new hexes. So if you talk to me at the wrong time, you might suffer...consequences."
Hero Aspect: Halting Hex- Each night you may PM me “Hex: Player”. For the next day-night cycle, that player will have all their passive Hero Aspects disabled.​
~~~
Your new hero is...Better luck next time!

KwRUtKT.png

Gwendolyn, Adorable Knight
~Blue Hero~
“I’m Gwendolyn, one of the knights of Ostia. Some say I wear this armor as a sort of spectacle. They’re quite wrong.”
Hero Aspect: Cute Sentry- At the start of every even numbered-day, you will be told “Player 1 targeted Player 2”, with Player 1 being a player who targeted Player 2 with a Hero Aspect that night.​
You are a Summoner aligned with the Emblian Empire. An individual who wishes to assist Princess Veronica in her conquest of Askr who also has the ability to summon heroes from exotic, far off worlds. Perhaps you only wanted to befriend Veronica, but one way or another, she’s poised you against Askr.

You may communicate with your teammates here: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/vnhQb4JGRsR

~~~
Your new hero is... Not too shabby!

YQvV0EU.png

Fae, Divine Dragon
~Green Hero~
“You know what I am, right? A dragon! Which means there’s almost no one else like me anywhere!
Hero Aspect: Purification-Each night you may PM me “Relieve: Player”. Their vote weight will be 0 the following day if they have any Grand Battle Heroes in their party.

~~~

TgTygvh.png

Clarine, Refined Noble
~Colorless Hero~
"Oh! On close inspection, you look twice as nice as I thought. But if you take a look at me, you'll see that I— Hey, are you listening to me?!"
Hero Aspect: All Eyes On Me!- Each night, you may PM me “Enchant: Player”. That player will be protected from the night kill, but will have one of their Heroes sent home. This Hero will be sent home after using this Hero Aspect.​
Thank you for playing the game everyone! It was a blast hosting! Everyone can feel free to talk about the game now! All QTs, the Master Doc, and the Master Spreadsheet will be posted shortly!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
GG. Was a good game. Can't believe I won my first real game though (especially as Maf) :D

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Woo get ready for a large post with my opinions!
First things first, this setup rocked. Props to Quaking for all of the great abilities implemented in this game and creative system. Almost everything was perfect, so great job for that! To be honest, the worst thing about that game was pretty obviously the break. I forgot where I left off, and only 1 townie continued from there, which was-uh-pretty sad. So I would put in some comment about "town never looked back at past days or did any analysis" but that's useless because town actually did nothing on that last day.
Second things second, I'm officially gonna make a commitment to killing the least active players as scum when I have no other differentiating factor because it leads to games like this where awful Gekki arguments stalled out conversation. And I hope you guys do to.
Play this game was mostly normal, super sheepy but whatever I give up at this point. Just, as always, stick to your convictions and post your thoughts more.
One exception to this is @GekkisaiDaiNi, who I super wanna talk to because his strategy was being super annoying and flooding conversation. Please never do this ever again, as town or scum. It completely ruins the playing experience. Literally every point I made on you was a legit point I would as town, so please never do any of the following again: make strange cases where "the posts explain themselves", strawman, make a argument where you repeat your point over and over instead of respond to defense, and twist words. There's a reason we don't like playing in Camopostville, and when you, unlike Camo, don't have the skill to nail scum from it, it's even worse. K Thx Bai.

The one part of the game setup I really want to talk about were Grand Battle Heroes. There was so much GBH hate that I saw in the game that it never made sense to actully use one if I couldn't know its effect. It's kinda like GR Secret Machines, but nerfed to the point that I saw them as too dangerous.

General message to town: As always, play the darn game. Make real cases and decisions. Point out gaps in reasoning. Actually post for goodness sake. And don't sheep. That last one is the best lesson to learn from this game specifically.

Also, a couple of deadchat responses!
"It contradicts Morda's claim about me and NP being buddies (something players are likely taking note of)."
Woo this never did anything for me because I never noticed that! Lol.

"NP––is Gekki scummiest, or should you lynch TSM today? You can't have it both ways. Unless you're scum."
This one I actually disagree with. Gekki was the scummiest but no scumteam could work FMPOV without TSM. So TSM's actions weren't that scummy but the circumstances outside of him made him most likely scum.

Also, where's Drac's role?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Woo get ready for a large post with my opinions!
First things first, this setup rocked. Props to Quaking for all of the great abilities implemented in this game and creative system. Almost everything was perfect, so great job for that! To be honest, the worst thing about that game was pretty obviously the break. I forgot where I left off, and only 1 townie continued from there, which was-uh-pretty sad. So I would put in some comment about "town never looked back at past days or did any analysis" but that's useless because town actually did nothing on that last day.
Second things second, I'm officially gonna make a commitment to killing the least active players as scum when I have no other differentiating factor because it leads to games like this where awful Gekki arguments stalled out conversation. And I hope you guys do to.
Play this game was mostly normal, super sheepy but whatever I give up at this point. Just, as always, stick to your convictions and post your thoughts more.
One exception to this is @GekkisaiDaiNi, who I super wanna talk to because his strategy was being super annoying and flooding conversation. Please never do this ever again, as town or scum. It completely ruins the playing experience. Literally every point I made on you was a legit point I would as town, so please never do any of the following again: make strange cases where "the posts explain themselves", strawman, make a argument where you repeat your point over and over instead of respond to defense, and twist words. There's a reason we don't like playing in Camopostville, and when you, unlike Camo, don't have the skill to nail scum from it, it's even worse. K Thx Bai.

The one part of the game setup I really want to talk about were Grand Battle Heroes. There was so much GBH hate that I saw in the game that it never made sense to actully use one if I couldn't know its effect. It's kinda like GR Secret Machines, but nerfed to the point that I saw them as too dangerous.

General message to town: As always, play the darn game. Make real cases and decisions. Point out gaps in reasoning. Actually post for goodness sake. And don't sheep. That last one is the best lesson to learn from this game specifically.

Also, a couple of deadchat responses!
"It contradicts Morda's claim about me and NP being buddies (something players are likely taking note of)."
Woo this never did anything for me because I never noticed that! Lol.

"NP––is Gekki scummiest, or should you lynch TSM today? You can't have it both ways. Unless you're scum."
This one I actually disagree with. Gekki was the scummiest but no scumteam could work FMPOV without TSM. So TSM's actions weren't that scummy but the circumstances outside of him made him most likely scum.

Also, where's Drac's role?
My entire case on you was built to make the points on you look bad.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
First of all, gg. Been a while since I've played a game of forum WW. Had a lot of fun whilst alive. :p Props, @quakingpunch73.

Think there were a lot of things going wrong that game, tbh. I blame town inactivity, though props to scum for quickly weeding out the most vocal townsfolk.

I genuinely have no idea why everyone forgot about the case on Gekki after D1. Every single point on him was still valid––he was the scummiest target going into D2, and nobody even considered voting for him. I think at least some of this was probably thanks to NP successfully maneuvering pressure off him, but still––if there's one thing I think everyone should take away from this game, don't forget about D1. The thing with Blob definitely served scum well in that there was little information to be gained going into D2, but just because the scummiest player isn't lynched D1 doesn't mean they shouldn't be looked at again later on.

That's really awkward reasoning tbh. As long as there are three or more players left who aren't you and aren't confotown and aren't TSM, there's a possible scumteam that doesn't involve TSM. The thing that made the post weirdest was that you went into it implying Gekki should be lynched and then ended it with your vote on TSM.

That said, you've got a valid point. There was just some awkward phrasing that made it seem like you were trying to low-key bus your scumbuddy but then protect him as well.

Thanks again, quaking and everyone else! Wish dead chat had been a bit more talkative but hey. xD

Till next time, y'all!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Just thought I'd post my opinions on the game, before the thread gets locked.

Like Jabber said, don't forget about Day 1. Inactivity from town and the fact that people dropped my case after Day 1 is 95% of the reason I won. I would also like to thank @quakingpunch73 for the amazing setup, was great fun. :)

@NinjaPenguin, my "case" on you was intended to be bad and convoluted in every way possible in order to make the points on you look bad. My first case on rainy was bad, but I was still new and didn't really know how to scumhunt, especially when I was scum, and by Day 2 I'd figured out how to actually scumhunt. Don't expect cases like that case from me again.

Also, please don't be sheep. It makes it really easy for scum, and boring for everyone at the same time. Try to form your own opinions.

I think the lesson to be learned from this game is be active, don't be a sheep, and don't let any single person take over scumhunting entirely. By Day 3 it seemed like town had decided to let NP and I do all the scumhunting, and we were both scum. Remember that.

Also, I know sometimes inactivity can't be helped. But please do try to be active; it makes the game more fun for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.