Finished Mafia XLVII: The New Era (Fairy Tail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Bad idea: you know that bag of tricks I was talking about? If Mariano is transparent about his plan, from experience, the mafians will probably have something that they can specifically use to cause the whole plan to fall apart.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Day 03 - P06

The following Vote Count is true up to Post #390

It takes a majority of 4 to lynch.
In the event of the majority vote isn't achieved, the person with the highest vote will be lynch.
In the unlikely event of a tie, an RNG will be use to decide the lynch candidate.

Vote Count - Players
4 - mordacazir
1 - bbninjas

Mariano11887 #346 - mordacazir (UNVOTED #351)
bbninjas #361 - mordacazir
mordacazir #363 - bbninjas

The Last Shaymin #381 - mordacazir (UNVOTED #386)
The Last Shaymin #386 - mordacazir (UNVOTED #389)
Mariano11887 #390 - mordacazir

> The Following Players need to increase their activity (Lvl 1)
- @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
> The Following Players are close to be on the above list (Lvl 2)
-
> The Following Players in marginally safe from the above list (Lvl 3)
-

@The Last Shaymin - THIS IS A FINAL WARNING, ADJUST YOUR ATTITUDE OR BE MODKILLED

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Day 03 - Dusk

Q. Hisui : "After all this while, they finally strongly think this person is guilty. Guards, bring the accused here."

Arcadious
: "Don't forget the anti-magic pendant, who know what goes on a desperate person mind."

Q. Hisui
: "For unleashing violet magic to the citizen, by my degree drain this man magic and we shall see if the core is rotten or not."

mordacazir : "Your highness, II was protecting them from the killers."

Arcadious : "Enough, chained him and lets get this over with."

*The Royal Guards drag, the accused to the middle of the room inside a Magic Circle and chained him to the floor, with a flick of a switch, the Magic Circle activate and slowly turned the accused man into a chunk of Lacrima leaving only the uncorrupted WIND CORE.*

Arcadious : "My Queen, it seems the man was innocent after all."

??? : "Your majesty, please wait for a bit. I have brought you a Traitor. You shall see his true colour.

*NinjaPenguin was crushed by a powerful magic leaving a Lacrima with CORRUPTED LIGHTNING CORE*

Q. Hisui : "Good we finally have another threat put down. Secure the Lacrima in our vault."

@mordacazir was executed, he was

Wendy Marlon (Protector – Dragon Slayer)

Since a little child, you were taken care by a Shaman not knowing that he was actually a ghost. You learned many craft under his guidance, when you reach 10 years old, he told you his secret and asked you to explore the world. Before he faded away, he instructed you to join Fairy Tail.

Passive Ability: Dragon Slayer – Being a Dragon Slayer you learned to detect other dragon slayer easily. You will be told if you are targeted by a dragon slayer.

Active Ability: Milky Way – You always wish to help others, you even mastered specific magic that can improve you helping ability. Once per night, you may PM me a name of a player, you surround the player with a Wind Spirit to protect that player from Night Kill (you can’t pick the same players in the next night).

Alignment: Kingdom of Fiore
Win Condition: Eliminate all threat to the Kingdom of Fiore

@NinjaPenguin was killed, he was

Laxus Denote (General – Dragon Slayer)

You always felt betrayed by your grandfather, Markarov for failing to appreciate your strength. After failing to defeat Gildart you left Fairy Tail and joined your father’s guild. Upon hearing the truth from your father, Ivan’s on his deathbed, you changed heart and joined the Kingdom of Fiore Military as one of its General representing Raven Tail.

Only certain people knew you true agenda, to further enhance your secret agenda, you secretly joined the New Balam Alliance where you knew your agenda will flourish.

Passive Ability: Dragon Slayer – Being a Dragon Slayer you learned to detect other dragon slayer easily. You will be told if you are targeted by a dragon slayer.

Passive Ability: New Balam Alliance – Every great alliance need a secret communication channel. You will be given a quick topic to communicate with the other New Balam Alliance.

Active Ability: Roaring Thunder – You recently master of controlling others with your lightning magic. Once a night, you may PM me a name of a player and another target, you will shock that player. During that night, that player will target the player of your choice instead of his or her original target.

Alignment: New Balam Alliance
Win Condition: Eliminate all threat to the New Balam Alliance

Countdown Timer

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Night 03

The ringing of the midnight bell seem sadder than usual, less people are roaming the street as they are all afraid of all the things that kept happening. Mariano was walking the street patrolling when a when someone in jet black armor approach him, it seems he has been targeted for death by this person but after a bit of struggle, the assailant soon realise he was attacking his own commander. Feeling ashamed of such treachery he stab his own heart with a lacrima bomb which transfigure the body into a Lacrima with SWORD CORE. Still alarmed Mariano left the scene to retreat back to his home.

*A cloak figure saw everything happened, his hope of eliminating The Last Shaymin seems to have been fulfilled by the person himself.

@The Last Shaymin has died, he was

Erza Scourge (General – Wizard Saint)

You are the daughter of Irene a powerful sorcerers of the Alvarez Empire whom and former Wizard Saint for Ishgar. Although you knew that your mother was killed during the last war. You didn’t shed any tears as you knew that your mother as you hardly knew her. You inherit her Wizard Saint Crest. Upon Gildart’s promotion you took over as the General for Fairy Tail.

Passive Ability: Crime Sorcière – For as long as you remember you have fallen in love with Jellal. As such you always can sense his presence. The identity of the player with Jellal role will be sent in a separate PM.

Active Ability: Requip > The Knight – Your ability to use multiple armor is truly magnificient however as you started to be more busy, you don’t have time to use most of it. Once per night (excluding Night 0), you may PM me to use one of the following ability. You may only use each Armors only once. Once you used all 4 armors, you will unlock a fifth armor.

-- Heaven’s Wheel Armor – PM me a name of a player, during the next day that player’s vote weight is increased by 2.
-- Adamantine Armor – PM me a name of a player (excluding yourself), during that night, that player would be shield from any action (including Night Kills)
-- Seduction Armor – PM me a name of a player, you will be told of that player’s name and one of its active ability.
-- Purgotary Armor – PM me a name of a player, if that player is not aligned with the Kingdom of Fiore you will kill that player. If that player is aligned with Kingdom of Fiore, you will die instead.
-- [Locked] Nakagami Armor – PM me a name of a player, for the remainder of the game, if that player is target for a Night Kill, you will die instead of that player.

Day 04

*Someone was brought into the castle with chained attached in both arm preventing any movement or use of magic.*

Arcadious : Why have you brought this person to the throne room?

Royal Guard : We found him trying to get away after lifting the Wizard Saint Crest from the Lacrima in middle of the alley. We believe he might have been involved in the theft of Queen Hisui's Crest. After apprehending him, we found he was carrying 3 of the said Crest. After confirming that the fourth crest is still with it's owner we are confident this is the thief.

*The Queen entered the throne room*

Q.Hisui : I heard enough, this person need to be dealt with.

*The Guards drag Nick to the center. The magic circle did it jobs leaving behind a Lacrima with CRACKED KEY CORE.

@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK was MODKILLED, he was

Lucy Harvard (Reporter – Wizard Saint)

You ran away from your father to join Fairy Tail. There you trained hard to master the used of Celestial Spirit. After only a few years, you manage to obtain all 13 Zodiac Keys, but no one knew about it. Being the first person to own all 13 Zodiac Keys, you become the Queen of the Celestial beings.

Being the daughter of a former Wizard Saint, you also inherited her Wizard Saint Crest. You come to known that owning all Wizard Saint Crest you gain you immortality which in exchange give you full access of the Celestial Realm.

Passive Ability: Celestial Body – As you have become a Celestial being you hardly care to what happen to the other human. Your vote weight is 0.

Active Ability: Sorceress Weekly – No one said that it’s wrong to use your connection. You always ask Jason to publish anything that you wrote. Once per night you may PM me a message of 50 alphanumerical character, that message will be posted on the next update.

Active Ability: Zodiac Summoning – The Zodiac truly serve you without any question as such you task them of finding the Wizard Saint Crest. Once per night, you may PM me a name of a player. You will kill that player. However upon 2 successful kill you learn that people are started to ask question which really is troublesome. This ability will be locked.

Alignment: Independent
Win Condition: Be the last Wizard Saint alive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Okay, problem: with Aqua's modkill, it's just Mariano and me alive now, right? Wouldn't that mean its gameover?

Eitherway, providing my real action went through, Mariano's vote will be -1 and mine should be 1, so his lynch should be inevitable?

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Day 04 - Dusk

*An argument can be heard in the throne room*

Q. Hisui : So it seems you two are the only one left. However after hearing both side, I'm incline to believe bbninjas.

Mariano : Your majesty, this is a mistake, I'm your commander.

Arcadious : Enough said, the majesty's decision is final.

*The Royal Guards drag, the accused to the middle of the room inside a Magic Circle and chained him to the floor, with a flick of a switch, the Magic Circle activate and slowly turned the accused man into a chunk of Lacrima leaving only the uncorrupted SPHERE CORE.*

@Mariano11887 was lynched, he was

Gildarts Crane (General – Wizard Saint)

You were one of the General under Makarov, upon his death you have taken over his role which was heavily supported by the other General. At first you didn’t want to accept the promotion but your daughter Cana convinced you to do so.

Passive Ability: Commander – As the commander of the army your vote weight is 2.

Active Ability: Crushing Evil, Spreading the Truth: Empyrean – You power is truly magnificent that you tried to limit yourself. Once per game during the day, you may PM me a player’s name, that player would be killed at the end of the day.

Active Ability: Oversight – As the commander of the army, you need to know what your squadron is doing. Once per night you may PM me a name of a player, you will be told if that player is a Protector, or Reporter or neither.

Arcadious : What! but the other guy was so convincing,.

*Before the Queen can said anything, the whole throne room was filled with ice. Panic spread across the town as news of the attack in the castle was know to the public. With the chaos emerge, one claimed the throne with the right of conquest.

@bbninjas has seized the throne and on his coronation he finally reveal his identity.

He is

Gray Fielder (Wizard Saint)

Ur was the only mother you knew, in the last war, she died protecting you. You inherit her Wizard Saint Crest. Later you joined Fairy Tail. You work part time at the modelling agency as their bodyguard. This is place where you first met with Juvia, at first you tried to avoid her but in time you fallen in love with her.

Few years later you met and battled your father, upon his demise you inherit his Demon Slayer ability however it came with a cost, you started to lose your pureness and secretly joined the New Balam Alliance.

Passive Ability: Lover – As lovers you always keep a close contact with Juvia. You will be given a quick topic to communicate with Juvia.

Passive Ability: New Balam Alliance – Every great alliance need a secret communication channel. You will be given a quick topic to communicate with the other New Balam Alliance.

Active Ability: Ice Devil's Zeroth Destruction Bow – You attack truly effect the very soul of others which in return may effect the decision of others. Once per night, you may PM me a name of a player, that player will be will have -1 vote weight on the next day.

Alignment: New Balam Alliance
Win Condition: Eliminate all threat to the New Balam Alliance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usually when there are 1 town & 1 mafia is alive, is is almost certain the win is awarded to the mafia especially when the town can't protect himself from the Nighkill on the following night. However, although Mariana has the Vote Weight of 2 & can win just by voting bbninjas who only have 1 Vote Weight. Mariano's vote weight was changed to -1 hence there is no way of saving him..

*I truly apologise for any shortfall during my hosting of this game. I hope you guys manage to enjoy at least some bits of it.

*I do regret that many of you failed to take advantage of your ability as, it would have made for a more interesting discussion.

*I will share all my doc & qt links later.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
F I N A L L Y

Alright... Future hosts, listen up! Keep your updates on time and consistent! I'm sure many of the players felt taken out of the experience by the overly long phases, which made discussion weak in the later half of the game, and snowballed this game into the wreck it was. Also, hosts should be more clear on what roles do, and make sure that roles synergize with each other. Many of the roles in the game were awkwardly worded, to the point where they didn't make too much sense or seemed useless to the player. I think this also contributed to the lack of activity. However, I have to give props to NP, bb, and to a lesser extent, FL for coming out on top in this game! With the way town played, you guys deserved it!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
This will still be known as the game where I screwed up more miserably than almost anyone else in the history of Mafia. :/

Also, can I just say...I called that bb was scum. :U

GG

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
It’s no kidding we were a mess, so much went wrong with that game (hosting as well as players). Also it’s still been since Dazzling Star since I’ve rolled scum. Man my luck is short. I had a few things I wanted to comment, but Quaking summed all of it up well.

NP and BB on the same scum team set us up for failure, they’re arguably the two best players in this game also NP this your 3rd scum game in a row mind sharing?. I saw BB coming from a mile away, he survived too long to be town (there was no way they’d kill me over BB), but NP was unexpected since A) he’s been scum in so many games and B) he’s gotten so good at making up new ways of acting his part that scumtelling him is getting trickier with each game.

Anyways, congratulations to @bbninjas and @NinjaPenguin, who both played great games!

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
For most part of the game, the night phase could have been shorter but I have to wait for the either the countdown to end or everyone has confirmed to use their action. I maintain 5 IRL days for Day Phase as it has been the Mafia norm to do so, especially when my game fall during the holiday season.

Advice for players for future games,

When you have an active Night Action. Do notify your host when you don't wish to use them as this will prevent the useless waiting. Only @bbninjas every PM'ed consistently about using/not using of his night action. Most of you didn't even bother to PM me when you didn't planned to use it.

I do also suggest to atleast to try to use the ability although you might seems it pointless like the reporter abilities. As host spend time making the roles only to not see it be used in anyway.

If you failed to understand a role, do ask question. I must applaud @Mariano11887 as he did so.

When you not going to have access to the game for a period of time for more than half the phase, I do suggest PMing the host and not simply posting in the thread as it may easily overlook or forgotten.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Most of the wording in the ability is just flavour since I don't want it to be to dull like most role I've seen recently. I aplogise if it confuse you guys as it clearly we are using different set of English writing style.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
It’s no kidding we were a mess, so much went wrong with that game (hosting as well as players). Also it’s still been since Dazzling Star since I’ve rolled scum. Man my luck is short. I had a few things I wanted to comment, but Quaking summed all of it up well.

NP and BB on the same scum team set us up for failure, they’re arguably the two best players in this game also NP this your 3rd scum game in a row mind sharing?. I saw BB coming from a mile away, he survived too long to be town (there was no way they’d kill me over BB), but NP was unexpected since A) he’s been scum in so many games and B) he’s gotten so good at making up new ways of acting his part that scumtelling him is getting trickier with each game.

Anyways, congratulations to @bbninjas and @NinjaPenguin, who both played great games!

Unfortunately the number generator decided the outcome of roles, so there's no helping it in that department.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Thanks Mariano! You played quite well and did some great scumhunting, but it's just easier to be fooled by scumplays when you don't have the experience behind you. Otherwise, good game town, and thanks for hosting GM Drac! It was refreshing to return to a more basic setup, and I liked how you were on top of activity, and regularly gave out vote counts. My character was pretty cool too. ^.^

My only critique is that in this setup, there were 4 ways for the town to kill us, which is insane especially because a lucky drive was the only way for us to fight 3 out of 4 of them. But hey, what can you expect from the guy who hosts Ready Aim Fire, eh? ;)

F I N A L L Y
Sorry for getting you killed

Alright... Future hosts, listen up! Keep your updates on time and consistent! I'm sure many of the players felt taken out of the experience by the overly long phases, which made discussion weak in the later half of the game, and snowballed this game into the wreck it was. Also, hosts should be more clear on what roles do, and make sure that roles synergize with each other. Many of the roles in the game were awkwardly worded, to the point where they didn't make too much sense or seemed useless to the player. I think this also contributed to the lack of activity. However, I have to give props to NP, bb, and to a lesser extent, FL for coming out on top in this game! With the way town played, you guys deserved it!
I honestly don't think having shorter nights would have changed a thing. The town made a few mistakes that NP and I jumped on, and the town followed the leader again, which meant we could get a lynch on Gekki and to a lesser extent, Quaking, fairly easy. Just the standard mistakes that people need to improve from. Also remember we were playing over Christmas and New Year, so inconsistent phases should be expected. ;)
That said, I would recommend that hosts stick to 48 hour-long phases, since that's all you really need (I think Drac noticed this too). No point dragging it out longer.

The roles didn't seem too unsynergetic to me. The scum's team was balanced: something to manipulate actions, something to get information, and something to affect the lynch, and most town roles seemed to be standard cops, vigs, JOATs, tracks and watches. I didn't find the roles awkwardly worded either; every single role made sense to me without needing a second read, which is unlike some of my roles, which have gotten horrendously complex in the past. Whoops...
(Roles also don't change activity - I'd like to say that the roles Jabber and I created were generally pretty interesting, and we still had major inactivity problems.)

Activity ain't gonna get fixed until people feel that they can say things without needing to be veterans, or needing to spend hours building a case. In new players, we just need to be nicer to them and encourage them. Mafia has a steeper learning curve, and it gets confusing sometimes.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Yay! Yet another game where I had to get pulled out due to life. I always feel really bad when I think I can commit to a game and then can't...

Anyways, good game scum! I did get to read through this game, which was fun, as I generally don't have time to do that after I sub out :/

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh, @mordacazir, I do want to apologise for claiming to scan you mafia. I didn't want to just do a repeat of the previous days, so I tried to have fun with a bit of shenanigans instead! I didn't want to choose one of the new players either, since defending against scan claims can be hard and frustrating, and I wanted to see what you got. Must say, I was impressed by your responses! You got me pretty worried, and I was honestly expecting to get lynched, had it not been for that hammer! I was just lucky to have a few excuses up my sleeve, haha~

I do also suggest to atleast to try to use the ability although you might seems it pointless like the reporter abilities. As host spend time making the roles only to not see it be used in anyway.
I think I said it in the QT, but I didn't always use my Ability because of the risk involved. Of course, that's not always the case with reporters (which should be used, if for anything, to anonymously suggest the town to look at one of your suspicions), but otherwise I agree: it's always worth using your Abilities, regardless of how situational they are! At worst, they confirm that you actually have the role you claimed, at best, they could help you win the game - like my highly situational vote-manipulation Ability.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You guys in the deadchat need to give TLS some slack. Inactivity is a thing, but the inactivity of a new player is generally indicative of a) them forgetting b) they're getting stressed out and aren't finding the game fun. Can't do much about the former (that's the host job), but the latter is often reflective of how the town is interacting with the new players.

New players do things new players do. My first three games? Trainwrecks:
- Anti-Arceus --- tried to get my mason buddy lynched, and I got the confo universal backup (who backed up my mason buddy) lynched. That pretty much costed us the game.
- Trust Issues --- illegally impersonated someone and nearly got myself modkilled (and possibly banned from FGs)
- The Wizarding War --- got absolutely played by Celever (he was scum, I was town), who fortunately got outed before he could secure the game.

We all have our stories...

Gekki (deadchat) said:
I'm calling right now that bb and Nick are Mafia. bb has avoided voting for Nick this whole time and both of them are scummy.
May I ask why you thought I was scummy? This young padawan is still looking to improve.

lorde said:
BB's still alive. Should never happen as town, and him living longer in games always makes me fearful of him being scum. The longer he lives, the more confident I grow.
It's a little annoying that this tell exists. There shouldn't be a select group of us that should live past a certain date; it means that we are getting shot for being vets, instead of how well we're playing in the actual game itself - vets regularly get it wrong. I reckon that once people feel that they don't have to be experienced to talk/scumhunt, this tell will no longer exist, tbh. Ah well.

On another note, scattered keeps dying early, and I feel sorry for him. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.