TCG Fakes Neko's Fake Creations: Cards, Screencaps, and More!

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Kalamyte in Crystal Version:

kalamyte_in_pokemon_crystal_by_icycatelf-db78nxj.gif

aschefield101

is behind you !
I will one day get on that holosheet btw Neko.... one day! /shakes fist

I did make one aaaages ago, but the image you sent would make a better version tbh.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
My shot at a Shiny Dunsparce Moth Rosy Maple Moth Fakemon:

aromoth__fakemon__by_icycatelf-db7y428.jpg

Aromoth
Bug/Fairy
Rosy Moth Pokémon
Height: 2' 4", Weight: 39 lbs.
Piwirm -> Whirlibug -> Aromoth (names subject to change)
"Even those unfond of Bug Pokémon are charmed by its beautiful appearance. The scales on its pastel wings smell of roses."

Expect to see a card after I've done art of its pre-evo. ;)

I will one day get on that holosheet btw Neko.... one day! /shakes fist

I did make one aaaages ago, but the image you sent would make a better version tbh.
The shattered glass one? I tried manually going over the shapes myself a while back and got frustrated with it. Much appreciated, but take your time!

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Here's Aromoth's middle stage:

whirlibug__fakemon__by_icycatelf-db85hvl.jpg

Whirlibug
Bug/Fairy
Dormant Pokémon
Height: 1' 0", Weight: 1 lbs.
"It sleeps in its protective pod awaiting evolution, riding the wind in a twirling motion."

Card coming soon (hopefully)!

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Finished my rosy maple moth line! Just look at this adorable little jelly bean.

piwirm__fakemon__by_icycatelf-db88oeb.jpg

Piwirm
Bug
Little Glutton Pokémon
Height: 0' 5", Weight: 1 lbs.
"They're born in maple trees. They won't stop eating until they've consumed every last leaf."

All-in-one pic (including Shinies):

rosy_maple_moth_fakemon_line_by_icycatelf-db88vvn.jpg

Cards coming soon!

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Here's the Whirlibug card. Let me know if I need to change the wording. (Click for larger view)

Piwirm card coming soon! I also added Shiny pics to my rosy maple moth line.

@Nekoban Ryo, Aromoth's name is very similar to Smogon's CAP Pokemon Aurumoth
Never heard of it, but you're bound to run into this in the Fakemon community. Sometimes you even find the same exact name on multiple Fakemon.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Last card of my rosy maple moth line! (Click for larger view)

Here they are side-by-side:

GhuK8rv.png

I hope you enjoyed this little faking spree! Might be a while until I make any others.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
More prints:

zYUZ5cP.jpg

printed_rosy_maple_moth_fakemon_cards_by_icycatelf-db8gag5.jpg

Yes, I changed my trainer mugshot again. I updated it on the digital versions of my rosy maple moth Fakemon cards, but I'll eventually update the others as well.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
More prints:

oU3oLb9.jpg

9nuBAUM.jpg

QRNSbKC.jpg

I unfortunately got some blotches on the holo Aromoth card (I accidentally sat the foil mask down in a spot of glue), but it came out pretty decent otherwise. Probably won't try to make a better one until I've got another batch of cards ready that I want to make holo.

Last edited:

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
I've always loved how you're able to print holo cards -- they always look so great in pictures! Even the non-holo cards look better than anything I was ever able to print.

I'm sure I've asked you before, but what type of printer and paper do you use?

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I've always loved how you're able to print holo cards -- they always look so great in pictures! Even the non-holo cards look better than anything I was ever able to print.

I'm sure I've asked you before, but what type of printer and paper do you use?
Glad you enjoy them!

My printer is an HP Deskjet F335 (All-In-One Printer/Scanner/Copier).

I use glossy Polaroid Premium Photo Paper for inkjet printers (purchased online) for my non-holo prints, but matte photo paper may work even better (I've never tried it, but glossy photo paper does cause the image -- most notably the text -- to blur on close inspection). I've printed on card-stock in the past, but the colors of the prints looked really faded/washed-out.

For holos, I use Apollo Transparency Film for inkjet printers (also purchased online for a steal). Foil can be from virtually anything (hologram paper, acetone-stripped holos, foil notebook covers, gift-wrapping foil... heck, even aluminum foil if you just want a slight metallic effect), but may have to be mounted to something (such as a spare common card) if flimsy.

I used to use regular printer paper to create the "foil mask" between the film and foil for holos, but I've recently found that glossy photo paper, albeit thicker, results in a clearer image and, in a humid room, clings to the film without the aid of messy spray adhesive. I've yet to try the white-out method, but white paint definitely does not work!

It should be noted that, regardless of resolution or what paper you use, there will always be some degree of blur when using a dye-based ink printer (most common) due to how the ink seeps into the paper or chemical coatings of special papers. A laser (toner) printer or a pigment-based ink printer would be much more ideal for realistic prints.

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
What would be the proper Gym-Neo wording here?

If you do, remove all damage counters and other effects from your Active Pokémon. Your Active Pokémon is now Asleep.

If you do, remove all damage counters and other effects from your Active Pokémon and your Active Pokémon becomes Asleep.

If you do, remove all damage counters and other effects from your Active Pokémon, then your Active Pokémon becomes Asleep.

If you do, remove all damage counters and other effects from your Active Pokémon. Then your Active Pokémon becomes Asleep.

If you do, remove all damage counters and other effects from your Active Pokémon. Your Active Pokémon becomes Asleep afterward.

Last edited:

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
Is it for an attack or Power? I would venture a guess that the first option is correct, based on Neo Discovery Teddiursa...
Remove all damage counters from Teddiursa. Teddiursa is now Asleep.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I really don't know much about Gym/Neo wording myself, and CMP is definitely more knowledgable, but I actually think the wording should be slightly different:

If you do, remove all damage counters and other effects from your Active Pokémon and your Active Pokémon is now Asleep.
There's a subtle difference between the effect for Teddiursa that @CMP pointed out and the effect that you have, Neko, being the "If you do", and I think that impacts whether the clauses are linked by a conjuction, or not.

Lt. Surge's Raichu said:
If heads, this attack does 20 damage plus 30 more damage to the Defending Pokémon and discard all [L] Energy cards attached to Lt. Surge’s Raichu.
Koga's Ditto said:
If heads, Koga’s Ditto’s maximum HP is now 80 and Koga’s Ditto’s Pound attack’s base damage is 30 instead of 10.
Koga's Arbok said:
If Koga’s Arbok is Poisoned, this attack’s base damage is 40 instead of 20 and the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

I noticed here that each 'if' effect consistently follows this structure: If <condition>, <clause 1> and <clause 2>. The only clause that I noticed which doesn't follow this is "Shuffle your deck afterward." There might be something that disproves this, but that's my theory.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
@bbninjas brings up a great point. The effect certainly hadn't been used in the Gym/Neo-era, so I agree that
If you do, remove all damage counters and other effects from your Active Pokémon and your Active Pokémon is now Asleep.
is correct.

I would use "is now" instead of "becomes" based the examples provided above.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
It's for a Power, which is why the "is now" bit concerns me.
Erika's Vileplume has the following effect, if it helps:

Pokémon Power: Pollen Defense
If an attack does damage to Erika’s Vileplume while it’s your Active Pokémon (even if it’s Knocked Out), flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokémon is now Confused. This power works even while Erika’s Vileplume is Asleep, Confused, or Paralyzed.​

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Thanks for the help! I made one little change because it didn't seem right having "your Active Pokémon" in the same sentence twice.

alex_s_shining_flareon__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dba77zg.png

I've been wanting to draw a Pokémon in an indoors scene for so long! My cats inspired this one, jumping up on my shelf and sitting in front of my Lepidodendrales fossils. One fluffy cat in particular inspired the Pokémon Power.

Here's the Japanese version, but I think I prefer the English one:
xander_s_shining_flareon__fake_card__by_icycatelf-dba78xq.png

EDIT: Made some minor adjustments to the artwork and reduced the opacity of the sparkles on the Japanese version.

Last edited: