• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Photon Recharge (Ultra Necrozma GX/Malamar)

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Rayeels returns!
Pokemon:
3x Ultra Necrozma GX
4x Inkay
4x Malamar FLI
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
1x Mimikyu GRI
1x Lunala Prism Star
1x Necrozma GX

Trainers:
4x Professor Sycamore
3x Guzma
2x Cynthia
2x N
2x Brigette

4x Ultra Ball
3x Mystery Treasure
2x Choice Band
2x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Pal Pad

2x Altar of the Moone

Energy:
5x Metal Energy
1x Beast Energy Prism Star
8x Psychic Energy

Current list edits:
Feb. 19
-1x Cynthia
-2x Acerola
-2x Beast Ring
-1x Special Charge
-1x Pal Pad
-4x Unit Energy

+1-1 Malamar line
+1x Lunala Prism
+1x Necrozma GX BUS
+1x Professor Sycamore
+1x Guzma
+5x Metal Energy

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TSA123,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Pal Pad (One should be sufficient since it is most effective late game.)
- 2 Acerola (The format is heading more toward a ohko format.)
- 2 Beast Ring (Max Elixir works better in this specific deck.)
- 1 Multi Switch (Not needed and we need space.)

+ 1 Lunala Prism Star (Alternate acceleration and nice non-GX attacker in this deck.)
+ 1 Guzma (Nice control supporter in an aggressive deck like this one.)
+ 1 N (Nice draw and disruption supporter)
+ 3 Max Elixir (Faster acceleration)

Would consider to loose the second Pal Pad in favor of a third Altar of the Moone since the free retreat is needed in this deck.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I would agree with @Dark Espeon on this one. I would also consider playing a split of Ultra Necrozma and BUS Necrozma-GX because old Necrozma isn't weak to fairy and doesn't need the extra Unit Energy to attack. Another possibility is to not play Max Elixir, but a 4-4 Maslamar line. Rayeels did it, Bronzong did it, Malamar should do it. Don't let others fool you, N is better than Cynthia. It's not a bad card, and it provides good draw power, but not having disruption like N takes a toll when your opponent finds out, which any good player will. Only having 2 means you may not have an answer for Zoroark, a big hand after taking prizes, Sylveon, or the mirror match that turn. And not playing 4 Guzma is a straight up mistake. Pal Pad isn't a card I have very much confidence in, since it wasn't played at all since it was printed in Flash Fire, and you won't often have all the bench space you need for Lele, so I whole-heartedly think it would be better to play higher supporter counts, since the only difference when playing the deck would be that when you play Pal Pad, that could be the supporter you need for that turn. I'm 100% going to play this deck when it releases, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
I agree with the others on their points, but I also suggest finding room for another Dawn Wings Necrozma, since retreating to re-attach Energy is very important in the deck, and if you don't have a Guzma in hand and/or your only other Dawn Wings is prized you have few ways of getting Ultra Necrozma out of the active to power it up again.

Iffy on the inclusion of BUS Necrozma. You would lose the Gardevoir matchup anyways, and not having access to Dimension Valley here in Standard means you'll rarely get to attack with it because of the three Energy cost.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I agree with the others on their points, but I also suggest finding room for another Dawn Wings Necrozma, since retreating to re-attach Energy is very important in the deck, and if you don't have a Guzma in hand and/or your only other Dawn Wings is prized you have few ways of getting Ultra Necrozma out of the active to power it up again.

Iffy on the inclusion of BUS Necrozma. You would lose the Gardevoir matchup anyways, and not having access to Dimension Valley here in Standard means you'll rarely get to attack with it because of the three Energy cost.
It's easier to attack with BUS Necrozma because It's all colorless costs for the exact same attack -10 damage. Altar of the Moone also means that if you have another Necrozma on the bench, you don't even need Dawn Wings, so I'd stick to 1, if any. I do like it's GX attack though.
I honestly find Pal Pad underwhelming and throughout ALL of my testing, it's been mediocre at best. I think it goes in Golisopod, Sylveon,Wishiwashi mill, and maybe a 1-of in an aggressive deck here and there if you have the space.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Unit enegy is pointless why must I say this so often you cannot discard it for ultra necrozma and if that energy were a metal it would provide the same usage altar of moon is cute but retreating is easy with dawn wings,guzma,acerola you name it it's just not worth using a special energy in a format full of special hate.
Also do use regular necrozma weakness diversity and offensive type diversity is important

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Here are some pokémon that are worth considering for the deck:

- Lunala Prism Star
- Mew FCO
- Necrozma-Gx (a bit less damage but less clunky since you dont need any metal energy gimmick)
- Oricorio SM (the psychic one of course)

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Bump.
Alrighty, never had the chance to make some changes to this list.
-1x Cynthia
-2x Acerola
-2x Beast Ring
-1x Special Charge
-1x Pal Pad
-4x Unit Energy

+1-1 Malamar line
+1x Lunala Prism
+1x Necrozma GX BUS
+1x Professor Sycamore
+1x Guzma
+5x Metal Energy

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Bump.
Alrighty, never had the chance to make some changes to this list.
-1x Cynthia
-2x Acerola
-2x Beast Ring
-1x Special Charge
-1x Pal Pad
-4x Unit Energy

+1-1 Malamar line
+1x Lunala Prism
+1x Necrozma GX BUS
+1x Professor Sycamore
+1x Guzma
+5x Metal Energy
It's a little hard for me to scroll up and down to read the changes, so could you edit the OG post with the updated list? Thank you

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
You know what? Dawn Wings is pretty bad. You play it to rush in, Dynamotor(yes, I know those aren't the ability names), and use Altar of the Moone to retreat right? If you have Altar of the Moone in play and an attacker on the bench in Dawn Wing's place, wouldn't it do the same thing, except save the space for possibly another Altar or supporter?

Mario W

Aspiring Trainer
You know what? Dawn Wings is pretty bad. You play it to rush in, Dynamotor(yes, I know those aren't the ability names), and use Altar of the Moone to retreat right? If you have Altar of the Moone in play and an attacker on the bench in Dawn Wing's place, wouldn't it do the same thing, except save the space for possibly another Altar or supporter?

Using dawn wings ability does not burn up your retreat for the turn. Without the ability, you would need some other item to pull off the double switch

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Using dawn wings ability does not burn up your retreat for the turn. Without the ability, you would need some other item to pull off the double switch
But why would you need to? Yeah, Dawn Wings doesn't use your retreat, but retreating it will, which likely wouldn't happen with Altar in play, which again, the only difference is that you would have Dawn Wings sitting on your bench instead of an attacker.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
If you don't run Dawn Wings then you run the risk of being stranded in the active after attacking. If you can't attach a Psychic Energy during your next turn you're screwed.

Nyan

She/They
Hmmmm...

I find it odd that you're playing DW but no Float Stones. With that Malamar lineup and Lunala Prism, i'd assume it'd be fairly easy to get your energy into play. But what I find really strange is that there's no way for you to alternate between active and bench without Float Stone. DW has 2 retreat, so retreating without Float Stone is a no-go. I took note of your 2 Choice Bands, perhaps replace them with Floats? Sounds ridiculous but Ultra Necro gets OHKOes for days with it's +80 effect. No floats on DW locks you up pretty bad, and by the time this deck is ready to attack that is the last thing you want. CB doesn't really help with much either, it eventually just becomes overkill and it only actually necessary on a negotiable amount of the metagame (2 Psychics discarded caps on 180, 210 with CB. Anything that has 190+ can't be KOed with just 2, but 3 will KO the entire meta) (plus, in the situations you need it, you have Beast Energy). It's a fairly straightforward choice; would you rather be able to attack every turn or not attack every turn? It's the reason Rayeels played Float.

I see you play Altar of the Moone, but at one point playing baby Zoroark with the sole reliance on it, it's much, much better on paper. Field Blower is everywhere, and counterstadiums exist, making it much easier for them to remove your Stadiums than your Tools, which only have Blower to stop them.

If it really comes down to it, either add more Altars or add Floats. Either is a good choice, but I recommend Float Stones.

Also, DW might have issues getting out with just 1. If you prize it, your life will be really difficult. Perhaps add another?

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Bump lol
Okay, so here are my initial thoughts with the deck after (finally) testing with it:
The list I remade is very consistent, only trouble I could do was find Float Stones (which I ran 4 of before changes).
Here's my final list:
3x Ultra Necrozma GX
4x Inkay FOL
3x Malamar FOL
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Mimikyu GRI (or Mew FCO*, either/or)
1x Dawn Wings Necrozma GX

4x Professor Sycamore
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
2x N
1x Brigette

4x Ultra Ball
4x Mystery Treasure
3x Float Stone
3x Choice Band
2x Field Blower (might bump to 3)
1x Professor's Letter
1x Super Rod
1x Rescue Stretcher

1x Parallel City

8x Psychic Energy
4x Metal Energy
1x Beast Energy Prism Star

Lunala Prism Star is bad in this deck, and the reason why I decided not to run Altar of the Moone is because it's way too easy to bump or be discarded, especially if you only run 2 copies, so I just opted for Float Stone instead. Running Parallel City gives you an option to not be Parallel'd by decks like Buzzwole, which you beat anyway. My reasoning for opting to run Mimikyu over Mew is because it gives you an option against decks like Vikabulu. For example, if your opponent uses Nature's Judgement, you can Nature's Judgement right back for a return KO.

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I would drop a single card for a second Parallel City. That's it. The list looks super solid. The overwhelming amount of unnecessary consistency cards like 9 Pokemon search only adds to the speed and output that the deck can do. I would say that you could drop the single Parallel City for a 3rd Field Blower, but you really, really do NOT want to be forced to a bench of 3 to begin with. Personally, I think 2 Choice Band suffices between Beast Energy and almost no dead cards in any situations. To be honest, I'm probably going to play that list for myself.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TSA123,

Nice list. Consider to cut one Inkay for a Mew from Fates Collide to have an answer to Zygarde GX and an alternate non-GX attacker to trade more favorable. Interesting that Altar of the Moone did not work out that well for you since I made the opposite experience in my test runs with this deck.

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
i feel like clefairy might be better than mimikyu in this list simply because it can also copy gx attacks which can make for some very powerful plays. it does take one extra energy, but that shouldn't be an issue with the energy acceleration. it also hits for weakness against opposing ultra necrozmas, which i guess is nice and can be helpful if for some reason you can't otherwise get the knock out (not sure how often that happens though; i haven't tested this deck).

clefairy isn't an alternate to mew though, as that fulfils a different purpose. i think they're both very good in this list, so it's hard to pick one or the other.