Finished PokéBeach Big Brother: Out of the Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Dear houseguests on the jury,

I believe I am the rightful victor of Big Brother 3, and I would like to explain why.

I’ve played a much more powerful and strategic game than anyone else up here, and have never been a prime target. Those have always been Violet and Mariano, both of which I have taken down. I’ve won 4 competitions (Week 2 POV, Week 5 HOH, Week 9 HOH, Week 10 Final Challenge), and am tied for 1st place for most competitions won of everyone in the whole season alongside Violet. I outsmarted Mariano and got him eliminated the first time around. I did the same with Violet, and she had no idea of my intentions until it was too late. The two players who’ve “ran” this game have both fallen to one person: me.

I used my connections with people to ensure both of their downfalls would indeed occur, and neither time was I incorrect. I also manuvered NP’s death twice, and was the reason he was sent home the first time in a 6-2 vote (all of that behind the scenes work? me) and I used those very same connections to keep myself alive on the block during double eviction week. I’ve been seen as the right-hand woman to Violet this entire game, but I’ve outplayed her, as well as our common enemy.

I, along with NP, also built the most powerful alliance in PokéBeach BB history. The core 5 being: myself, NP, Violet, mirdo, and Blakers. Together, the 5 of us ran this game in a way not seen previously in either BB1 or BB2. As for strategizing in the alliance, almost completely Violet and I. The two of us dominated discussion in that alliance. Mirdo would rarely add something, Blakers would sometimes, and NP was a lot more frequent than both of them but not like Violet and I.

Now, compared to my competition, why should I win? Mariano has already been bested, by myself and many others in this game. He’s received multiple advantages through a variety of ways, including being literally handed an HOH upon his return. On a double eviction week. Since then he’s been tossed around and used (like for the Violet eviction), and I think he’s the last person this jury should vote for. Next up is mirdo. Mirdo… has done very little. The weakest member of that core alliance of ours, he’s only won one competition and it was one he was able to rely on others for the win. Not to mention during the move to take out Violet, he was so loyal he refused to vote for Violet when he knew it was the best thing for everyone in the game, and imho that shows fear to make a big move. I don’t think he deserves to win either.

Overall, I’ve outwitted, I’ve outplayed, and I’ve outlasted. Therefore, I’m in firm belief I deserve to win this game. Thank you, and any questions the jury has I’ll be happy to answer.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
The following question is towards both @Lord o da rings and @mirdo and is a bit of a special one.

During the game, I strongly believed that there were three people who played the most villainous roles. The ones who could be seen to take the game in their own hands by destroying their competition. The big threats who everyone wanted to stop, and our communication through this game should make you realize the exact people I'm talking about.
When confronted with the threats of the following people in the game, I want to ask: what was your thought process behind how well they played the game? How big or scary of threats were they, what did you think of them? And, what was your personal thought process on how to remove them from the game and conquer the competition?
These people are: @Jadethepokemontrainer, @Mariano11887, and myself, @VioletValkyrie.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I also have a question for @Mariano11887.

Completely disregarding the current final three, why does any previous member of this game who has been eliminated deserve to win the game? If you were a jury member having to vote for any eliminated houseguest, why would you vote for each person specifically?

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
@Lord o da rings Did you ever have loyalty to any individual in the game (not the team)? You declared your alliance with Violet before cutting her and choosing to work with Blakers (who had really stuck his neck out with that vote) and then just repaid him by dumping him at the beginning of this competition for mirdo.

@mirdo What was the best game move you made this season that was your idea? Most of your game seemed to be sheeping behind the power, so I'd like to see if there was anything behind the scenes I missed.

@Mariano11887 Your social game was pretty off the mark. Every alliance you made constantly betrayed you behind your back (LC, Jade, mirdo, and Blakers all were disloyal to your alliances, just to name a few), you nominated me for lying when I wasn't, and I warned you twice if you put me up as a pawn I'd get out and that in fact ended up happening both times. Why should you win despite this huge weakness, not even taking into consideration the fact that you were eliminated earlier this game?

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Completely disregarding the current final three, why does any previous member of this game who has been eliminated deserve to win the game?
This is a good question. Players previously evicted from the house had to play a parallel competition between them in order to gain the right to return to the house. Those competitions were qualifying ones, I mean, the winner of the 2 players continues in play, while the loser is definitely out of the game. So, the way back to the actual game, inside the house, is not easy and should not be undervalued. In my particular case, noblesse oblige, I had the luck of having to win only 1 competition to return to the house, but that was only because of the moment I was evicted, which has some merit too.

If you were a jury member having to vote for any eliminated houseguest, why would you vote for each person specifically?
Let me understand this question. You are asking why would I vote each member of the current jury? Do you want me to write a sentence for each member of the jury saying why, in my opinion, they would deserve to win the game?

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Let me understand this question. You are asking why would I vote each member of the current jury? Do you want me to write a sentence for each member of the jury saying why, in my opinion, they would deserve to win the game?

A sentence isn't necessary. But 'why would each jury member deserve to win the game' is what I'm asking, yes.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
@Mariano11887 Your social game was pretty off the mark. Every alliance you made constantly betrayed you behind your back (LC, Jade, mirdo, and Blakers all were disloyal to your alliances, just to name a few), you nominated me for lying when I wasn't, and I warned you twice if you put me up as a pawn I'd get out and that in fact ended up happening both times. Why should you win despite this huge weakness, not even taking into consideration the fact that you were eliminated earlier this game?
It's true, my ability to make alliances was afwul in this game. I don't think mirdo deserves to be in the list you mentioned, he was one of the most loyal players in the game and I really appreciate it. Or at least, if he betrayed me, I never realized. And I'm not sure why you mentioned Jade since he was the first evicted, he didn't even have time to betray me.
Regarding your nomination for lying... At that moment I had other information from other people and I had to choose to beleive one of you. Unfortunately, I chose the other ones. And this happened twice. Last time specially, I chose to beleive Blakers and then I regreted badly. You told me "if I get out and you get out next week, just know that I told you so", and after you were evicted I wanted to tell you "You were right".
Why should I win? Honestly, I don't think I should. I have no doubt that Lorde understood how to play this game far, far better than me. The only reason that comes to my mind of why I want to win is because I know the effort I had to make to be in this place, but I know Lorde deserves to win more than me. I'm being completely honest.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
A sentence isn't necessary. But 'why would each jury member deserve to win the game' is what I'm asking, yes.
Ok, so here it goes:
  • TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK: Because he was in my initial alliance and I think he never betrayed me.
  • rainyman123: This is a tough one, I can't really think of any reason he should win the game in my opinion.
  • Nebby Baggington: Because he made a smart decision in allying with you Violet, if that was really the case.
  • Little Cherrim: Another tough one, I don't know why should I vote him/her (sorry, I don't know if is a he or a she).
  • Fiery_Lugia: Same as Nebby.
  • NinjaPenguin: He is a very good and smart player. He can be very convincing if he wants to, which is a great talent for this game.
  • VioletValkyrie: Arguably, the best player of the game. And I say "arguably" only because Lorde found a way to evict you when it seemed you were untouchable, but I'm really impressed of your play and I have no doubt that you are the one who deserves to win this game.
  • Blakers: Because he had the courage to create an "Anti-Violet resistance" knowing the danger implied in being against you.
I hope this is what you asked for. Sorry if I misunderstood.
As you can see, I'm expressing my thoughts without thinking if my words would make the people vote me or not. I just can't do it in another way.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
When confronted with the threats of the following people in the game, I want to ask: what was your thought process behind how well they played the game? How big or scary of threats were they, what did you think of them? And, what was your personal thought process on how to remove them from the game and conquer the competition?
These people are: @Jadethepokemontrainer, @Mariano11887, and myself, @VioletValkyrie.
- Jade played way too hard way too fast, that’s his only problem. If he was connected to so many alliances, which we all believe we did. It’s the only reason he was sent home over TSM, and I still feel bad about it.
- Mariano was a good player imo, but he was never able to see the full picture. Two instances being me setting him up Week 5, as well as it seeming like he still doesn’t understand the Anti-Violet alliance was originally built as a cover, it was actually built to protect her. Overall, Mariano played better than the vast majority of everyone here, but taking advantage of his inability to see the bigger picture was crucial to his first downfall.
- Now you, Violet, were never on my hitlist until that very week. I thought of you unstoppable, and if I was able to, I knew I had to take you down if I wanted a shot at winning.
@Lord o da rings Did you ever have loyalty to any individual in the game (not the team)? You declared your alliance with Violet before cutting her and choosing to work with Blakers (who had really stuck his neck out with that vote) and then just repaid him by dumping him at the beginning of this competition for mirdo.
No. Until we hit the Final 7, I saw us all as a team unit and had absolutely no intentions of ridding any of you. The only reason I “went for” you in F7 was because I absolutely had to, and you should understand that. As for Violet, she was a massive threat and eliminating was one of the hardest things I’ve had to do in this game. I wish I didn’t have to, but if I didn’t Violet would’ve steamrolled the competition and I may not be here myself. As for Blakers, I disagree with your wording. I didn’t dump him, I chose him because I knew he had the best shot of the two of them of beating Mariano. I wanted to fulfill Violet’s promise and I was confident Blakers would be able to beat him, and I was wrong. I don’t have that same confidence in mirdo. But in the end, I never really tied myself down to any of you, ever. I tied myself to only Violet publicly, and she’s the only person I ever made a full on promise to, which I broke, but I tried my hardest to fulfill her last request.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Ladies and Gentlebirds,

I have been kinda quiet through the whole game. Fly in the shadows. Above everybody. Watching, judging, watching.
But now my time has come. the time where i Acent. In the name of birdkind everywhere.

Listen,
You have 3 options. That one ice fox that manipulated almost everyone in the end and backstabbed Violet so she can have an "easy win"
Mariano. Who had the deck stacked against him and was a big threat for our alliance through out. And i respect him for that.

Or.
The obvious choice.
the feathered choice.
The mirdo choice.

Sure. Both the other people might have had more impressive showings in the minigames and been more competetitve.
But.. what exactly does it mean to be the winner of BB?
Does that mean you kill off everybody and are the strongest player?
Is the winner the one that played the most strategic game?

Fellow HOUSEGUESTS. We have been a house. A community. The winner is elected by the people. Shouldn't that mean you should vote for the most pleasent?
That represents the community?
Lorde was on the front of one extreme
Mariano was basically the resistance.
Why not take the middle option?

Sure. I was part of the alliance aswell.
BUT. I never betrayed anyone. Not even Mariano. I was still fair to him despite beeing our priority target.

I might just be a Seagull in a suit. But this win wouldn't be for me.
It would be for Seabirds everywhere and all these underdogs in the shadows that decide to be smart and value friendship over winning.
As i did.

Make a choice. Decide who was your personal winner.
But be sure to make the right decission.

I'm still taking questions. I believe i answered most i got so far in this.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Why should I win? Honestly, I don't think I should. I have no doubt that Lorde understood how to play this game far, far better than me. The only reason that comes to my mind of why I want to win is because I know the effort I had to make to be in this place, but I know Lorde deserves to win more than me. I'm being completely honest.
Why thank you! That probably comes from me having hosted both BB1 and BB2, and I've seen what needs to be done to make it to the end. This is my first round putting what I've seen to the test, and I think it's worked quite well.
Listen,
You have 3 options. That one ice fox that manipulated almost everyone in the end and backstabbed Violet so she can have an "easy win"
Well, there's a reason the foxes are always deceitful in literally every folk tale ever. ;) I played a deceitful game, and I'll admit to it (not like it's a bad thing). My ability to manipulate comes with that. Package deal, I guess.

Also, I don't like the bolded. I took out Violet not because I wanted an easy win, but because no one else was going to be able to win if she made it this far. Yes, I backstabbed Violet but that wasn't why. I know 100% that if she was in my spot, I'd be voting for her or not at all. And if I was up here with her, I'd admit defeat. I took her out to prevent that.
But.. what exactly does it mean to be the winner of BB?
Does that mean you kill off everybody and are the strongest player?
Is the winner the one that played the most strategic game?
I think the process to determining a winner is pretty malleable, and you're looking at overall performance (whatever that may be). It's something you lack imho, because of the 3 people up here you've done very little to shake up this game. Mariano and I have both had big impacts on this game.
Fellow HOUSEGUESTS. We have been a house. A community. The winner is elected by the people. Shouldn't that mean you should vote for the most pleasent?
That represents the community?
No, no they shouldn't. They should vote for who's deserving of the title, otherwise a true winner could be truly robbed of a victory and have put in tons of hard work for nothing. Picking a winner for BB isn't really an election for like-ability, it's about who played the best game. Who made the best strategic plays? Who won the most comps? Who had the most true and reliable connections? These are the questions jurors should be asking to determine a winner, not based on how much they like each finalist.

mirdo

No, no they shouldn't. They should vote for who's deserving of the title, otherwise a true winner could be truly robbed of a victory and have put in tons of hard work for nothing. Picking a winner for BB isn't really an election for like-ability, it's about who played the best game. Who made the best strategic plays? Who won the most comps? Who had the most true and reliable connections? These are the questions jurors should be asking to determine a winner, not based on how much they like each finalist.

That's the point im making. How do you determine a winner? Is the winner the one that made it to the final through beeing a nice guy and having made good relationships with most players? Or the one that won but went over corpses to do so?
Big Brother is not just about the competitions. If we talk the Real Deal it's almost ONLY about likeablitity. I had great connections and did a thing here and there. Just my minigames scores weren't on par.

Also, I don't like the bolded. I took out Violet not because I wanted an easy win, but because no one else was going to be able to win if she made it this far. Yes, I backstabbed Violet but that wasn't why. I know 100% that if she was in my spot, I'd be voting for her or not at all. And if I was up here with her, I'd admit defeat. I took her out to prevent that.
Yeah. You took her out so you can win cause you "knew" that you could easily talk your way to a win against me, Mariano or Blakers. Thanks for proving my point.
But it's not gonna be this easy sweetheart. I'm here to prevent that

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
That's the point im making. How do you determine a winner? Is the winner the one that made it to the final through beeing a nice guy and having made good relationships with most players? Or the one that won but went over corpses to do so?
Big Brother is not just about the competitions. If we talk the Real Deal it's almost ONLY about likeablitity. I had great connections and did a thing here and there. Just my minigames scores weren't on par.
And it depends. That leaves it really broad, you have to look deeper. I would never vote for someone based on like-ability. I vote based on who deserves it, and the criteria for who deserves it more and what weighs the most to you is both constantly changing and up to personal opinion. Your argument doesn't change that you did very little in this game, in sharp contrast to me.

I agree you did a thing "here and there", but I made massive moves, taking out both of the public enemies (Violet and Mariano) at some point in this game. You didn't do much of anything for Mariano's downfall, and I gave you the opportunity to contribute to a big move by taking down Violet but you refused. Don't forget I had connections as well. I had to have those if I wanted to protect myself on the block, or make moves to get juggernauts sent home when I was in power and couldn't vote.
Yeah. You took her out so you can win cause you "knew" that you could easily talk your way to a win against me, Mariano or Blakers. Thanks for proving my point.
But it's not gonna be this easy sweetheart. I'm here to prevent that
You clearly didn't read what I said. I said I took her out so someone besides her could win, not because it meant easy victory. Sure I believe I can win, and I know it would make it easier on myself but it makes it easier for all of us. I never even implied this would be a cakewalk of a debate, because it's certainly not. Mariano may imply a concession but you sure aren't.

mirdo

You didn't do much of anything for Mariano's downfall, and I gave you the opportunity to contribute to a big move by taking down Violet but you refused.
Yes i refused. Because i value trust of my breatheren and friendship higher. I didn't want to have anything to do with that. But you certainly didn't blink an eye except for claiming it was hard to do for you.
Would i like to have someone like that as the winner? I don't know

You clearly didn't read what I said. I said I took her out so someone besides her could win, not because it meant easy victory. Sure I believe I can win, and I know it would make it easier on myself but it makes it easier for all of us. I never even implied this would be a cakewalk of a debate, because it's certainly not. Mariano may imply a concession but you sure aren't.
I read what you said. But that's not what you meant. Sure. Maybe she would've easily won if she came Top 3. But still. The only way you could win is eliminating her. That the other 3 options were kinda weak was just a welcome side effect.
So my point stands.

IT IS NOT THE TIME to honour the dishonest. It is the time to value trust and friendship.
It is time to fly with the seagull. It is a safe trip under the wide white wings.
It is mirdo time
#mirdo2018 #ForABetterBeach

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Yes i refused. Because i value trust of my breatheren and friendship higher. I didn't want to have anything to do with that. But you certainly didn't blink an eye except for claiming it was hard to do for you.
It was difficult for me to do, but at the end of the day this is a game and nothing should be taken personally. Like I didn't like Mariano in this game because he was the biggest threat to our group, but I like him outside of the game and would love to work with him next time this game rolls around.
I read what you said. But that's not what you meant. Sure. Maybe she would've easily won if she came Top 3. But still. The only way you could win is eliminating her. That the other 3 options were kinda weak was just a welcome side effect.
If it was a welcome side effect, then that would mean I eliminated Violet purely for the fun of it, which I wouldn't ever do. If I thought I could win with her here, if I thought any of us could win with her here, she'd be sitting here with us. But that's false, she'd steamroll all of us.

As for the finalists, what can I say: Mariano's basically conceded, and you have a lot of talk about honesty despite you having covered up the truth yourself (you and Blakers working with the group and not Mariano), so you don't get to act high and mighty about being honest, whether or not Mariano didn't know the truth until the very end.
IT IS NOT THE TIME to honour the dishonest. It is the time to value trust and friendship.
It's not a time to honor the lazy, either. If you want to get far in life, you have to do the dirty work yourself. You coasted off of the power the rest of us brought to that group. I'd vote for someone who deceived and put in the dirty work over a nice guy who was overall lazy any day of the week.

mirdo

Lazy? Alright. Calm down. You Know as much as me that i was in that group chat planning and especially at the end of the game i was strategizing aswell. Sure. I didnt perform in tue Games. But i always was a reliable and helpful ally at all times

The Part with Mariano.. Sure. I mean. Yeah cant Really deny it. But in comparrision to Blakers e.g. i played it smart. I Never Lied to him. I Never compleatly stabbed him out of no where. I kept friendly with hin at all times. And arent things like this what skill in this Game is? What do you as a Voter prefer? Someone who decieves and stabbs to get to a certain point or a diplomat that came just as far?

Calling me a backseater would be an understatement and you know that.

Sure. I can not claim the moral highground 100%. I mean. Who Really can?
But i clearly got you beat by miles.

#mirdo2018 #ForABetterBeach

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Lazy? Alright. Calm down. You Know as much as me that i was in that group chat planning and especially at the end of the game i was strategizing aswell. Sure. I didnt perform in tue Games. But i always was a reliable and helpful ally at all times
Pre-jury you were by far the quietest person in that chat, and that stayed true for the majority of this game.
The Part with Mariano.. Sure. I mean. Yeah cant Really deny it. But in comparrision to Blakers e.g. i played it smart. I Never Lied to him. I Never compleatly stabbed him out of no where. I kept friendly with hin at all times. And arent things like this what skill in this Game is? What do you as a Voter prefer? Someone who decieves and stabbs to get to a certain point or a diplomat that came just as far?
I don't like how I'm being framed as someone who just lies for the sake of lying for the fun of it, because that's so far from true. 99% of the time, and 100% of the time until F7, my interests were solely in keeping the team together and as powerful as it could be. The only time that I ever strayed from it was Violet's eviction, so it's not like I played a morally poor game.
Calling me a backseater would be an understatement and you know that.
I'm not so sure about that.
Sure. I can not claim the moral highground 100%. I mean. Who Really can?
But i clearly got you beat by miles.
I'm not gonna fight for the moral high ground because I don't think that's what winning's all about. You had good relations with people, but if I managed to get my way nearly every vote in this game, so did I.

You have nothing on me besides slightly better "moral ground" than I do, and that's not enough to outshine all the other things I did in this game that make me the best candidate for a winner here.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
@Lord o da rings
You said that you learned from hosting Big Brother 1 and 2 on here, and used both of them to build your playstyle. Who did you draw inspiration from, and what are some improvements you tried to make from The Challenge 8?

@mirdo
You said that you weren’t a backseater in our alliance. Besides echoing me in the Anti-Violet Resistance to gain Mariano's trust, what would you say you were able to contribute to our group? And what about your interactions with Mariano were “playing it smart” in comparison to mine?

@Mariano11887
You literally confessed to the jury that you don’t think you deserve to win the game. Why should I consider placing my vote for you? And if you won’t try to make a case for yourself to win, then what was the point of trying to get to the finale in the first place?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Don't misinterpret me, I didn't conceed. I said that you are the one who deserves to win the game, but I still want to win ;).
Um, okay.
@Lord o da rings
You said that you learned from hosting Big Brother 1 and 2 on here, and used both of them to build your playstyle. Who did you draw inspiration from, and what are some improvements you tried to make from The Challenge 8?
Well, to be honest, it was a mash-up. I knew I needed to put myself in a powerful tight core (from BB1), and I knew I needed to make strong, lasting connections. Not to quickly, and not all at once. They needed to be built up steadily and genuinely, something I learned from seeing NP's downfall in BB1. I knew I had to lie at certain points, such as with Mariano, but keeping it real as much as possible is always ideal, and lying for the sake of lying is a terrible way to play this game.

Improvements I made from TC8? Being a lot more confident in myself and in my moves. In TC8, I remember strategizing with you right before my 2nd elimination, and I was afraid to reach out to people (we eventually did it, but there's no doubt I held back). That's gone. I have much more confidence in myself this time around and I think that helped me a lot. Of course, I set myself up with some allies this time around, but I formed that group too.

Status
Not open for further replies.