Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: December 2017 - Winter (Items/Supporters/Stadiums) ~ Full Judging Up!

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
[TRAINER] [ITEM]
Sack of Coal
Team Santa Clause

Attach this Pokémon Tool to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon-GX that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.

The attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached does 50 less damage to your Pokémon.

When this card is removed from a Pokémon for any reason, put this card in its owner's discard pile.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Trainer (Item) Snow Blower

Discard up to 2 [W] Energy from your opponent's Pokémon.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Can't wait to see the other entries :)

(Edited, twice.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Oh...they have to be winter-themed. #GekkiFails

I'll edit the post with a new entry

professorlight

Ice Queen
Question, Jabber: I've got four. Can I present all four cards, and you pick the one you like the most? or should I choose myself?

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
Here's my entry!

[TRAINER] Call of the Ice Lord [SUPPORTER]

Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal a [W] Pokémon. Do 1 of the following.
  • Put that Pokémon onto your Bench and put damage counters on it its remaining HP is 50.
  • Discard that Pokémon and place 4 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.
  • Put that Pokémon into the Lost Zone and put 3 cards from your discard pile on the bottom of your deck.
Shuffle the other cards into your deck.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Okay. One last question, then.

Do you want to build a snowman?

yTG_ZXUXrO4NZXtcxQJv5gGh2ft-WnGEBKXFR_wftJUwUQItEFBmoHZw5_Djq3XMLh_9laOsM9cLb6Gmqd0KJW5AEyU_qdKZWnUXpgOzoOg43dc-jUzdIpt2WUsG1MioJLYb9Jdt0RgeKh8IYyGmsNjs5agQTT5-zwXufFDBo3o9d1USr_IVWxm2_AOheBD4JgcBgpCpJiG5hwhLR2fC7eHMwdHNBoOQk5yQ_lJr4TYNIYr51hWGn-ncl2DAEJlKCxQuEQazV_g9jVeajmvyWVMRPcw-p3PXOWmbwSlvDGI1JBgucE2xw4uI-2lu0XCXxH4xR6lNrjJWCwh6RfkMuY1dep59G8f8iBLQOTA445StWHg_-2vEZdWtPvsQ6qcPUkowCMs3A8NKobZrWNkh3LoHKxkmNqSEAn74bbRbHbA_bBkw809OwoxGQwhAFiXNLa8ZOWnTX5nOBAmjEb-Ao4IGKOTJAQP6THn6KxDFs7WuLL_R0d4ap4DaI6mSeJVcTHUj3_2l9s3skiC4aARcP44AWBWGo2jjYoU7m2Svvtt5dyYSQ0-JxKWuFW9dwGptEJd5100JmoZKP1_DbBgG9oc0G_bVTvtgOHPU-xDdhXQ33FYvTecfEwS5dr8IYr5X6Acql_3NYHMATfJ9hwtDPkD25LeDePeJIL0=w675-h949-no

Get it?

The reference is, obviously, robot substitute, with a twist; the idea is that you can load your bench (the tradeoff is, obviously, that you have less space for useful pokemon) with snowmen, and they'll protect your active pokemon from damage, at least for a while; after all, some people pokemon are worth melting for.

I had doubts about the HP, really; I know most cards of this type use 30HP, but I felt that, with the power levels we see in both the real metagame and mine's, 30HP could only help you if your opponent is loaded with basic pokemon anyway; if you ask me, 40HP is still too little, but I thought it would be better to balance the capacity they have to cover multiple times an attack with an HP that could take light hits but would lose easily to a slightly stronger one. The specific type and weakness is the way I found, which I've already used multiple times, to specify that a pokemon is ice-type; while this is appropriate for snowmen, it also has some gameplay consequences.

And here are the runner-ups, why not.

8I2VHx4jXPkJ6tgu4vGo-pD0ytPE_qzpTa7pp91NHFjdYTposkJrnIVG1IF7GAjGe5YShHBlD4iyOlZEHYy9pgxBaCzBNibyVprgYxEaJE12hGaMjJ-3wqILLB3-gcPCOufyCyehYjhAHqU5rk0WhpenkTfAU_jO8Kp8268ekhj6q4oYL7XkqyGQlfGfweG1_dcgASB4WlepCfx1lgl4JawtnHtO89U4_ZC2FIpV7LXQHXJ-g6GmSewRc7YgEEY4F-bqzopQ5PIySJvyfnfcxyMafsvLGHkzopztmnymJnBG-QCzfTRYkXA6759Aksnr-qKRcofHo4X-anXOAXD5PpEE3pKrvlvQyMDURFwLoGHdK4LFasT8gq771s2KfksEqAMQmX8LnIrfW-ggdZqV1rVXj_LC50nmQ_G5I7DbyHqtZBL6JRqA9ta2V4iF-UgBPhpTZ9QGnOGl1fHLuRuhWb_8rG9eF0jGUE7gKW5FyGUYxRQQKaAeyMIcLEXEX2Qg6n0ziIrKomLnDyG3cfiEUiMTUYkPsCG_pLyZN_PeNC9iZHiUVYu9DEYSD5IgeBDhgU3h-hqgDpT0drdEYPxH9Cs8RB0iGTf5lq9tAd6lB8oedn6aXhIlEPf7l84NYYRQJjxLOAw32jcgwfN6kABebxA3z5aeiaheQ0E=w675-h949-no

Obviously I couldn't not make an item specific for Alolan Ninetales. But, it seemed too basic for this, really.

4QcRYlxz6FduWoD8B3E_3r6MF_dOJi4cgFZZG1QcxP3__3eRuFl4uH555tdga74LZq1TCna57Nf1qL0pft6PkHgqMX89KM-Ue9sV_0LwTfKlLY2jQgdS66IXT8Hay687k7GNhE1F70HmURXXjHqqnaPK7NNgNM77-z6uosuaQ2SWklF_jb2U1o08pZ8yo7uKIRXMfQqU3lKOt1F6RkkxNAcz3IR97UsXgBFnB2Eq5nOHj3nMWMm-Z9icb8Qpu8msg6WAxaGEhldjYAcpOR2nqHiNgzQ1i6KW-RSpS3NpdbaGSWUVqa652f0itupEPuOn3MkMtcSE7RZAL3UtD2Dj3U3JElOoeCLPGhY6Gv8V53t5NUpyaCa-4aQ240X7HDVAULvJWO5Bym7rUuw-8qIOEQv5rsTm3zZDmSy5OLPIcnYvvNQoSeKWbsfq0Sl4VySII9m5LENzMkG7DRJqAm21QoSM_doJL8d1UVgTO7PQ234rOs214dlXn4YrswQtqSgRoSQx6QqYIuIHkNEMfrHOr7ezQMWZrY3N0M1l631zDW_n1PRkLqZuPLIMa3QUEaoSEPCqNpYxqfswxEOp60fg7kkXCgUhDjkEqDTcS0qD2WklWqn0QRAguSBFQ0syQiQmWElA1dxvvJPURuFtYCC71s0hfDP1mNwJfw0=w675-h949-no

New idea for Z-crystals; and it actually works with GX moves because I renamed them (hear that, TPCi?); you can see there one of the ways in which specifying the type and weakness works mechanically; the crystal can only be used by an ice-type pokemon that is an ice-type pokemon (so no dark-type weaviles using it; only water-type weaviles with the corresponding weakness). This one seemed a bit off the prompt, really, since the item itself is nothing new (going back to TMs and the spheres of yore) and the attack is an attack, not really a trainer effect.

-nmDfutuMxYZ1fDzVl2lB42K0QY0GELH-lRpFT99hXPyzPtx9hoCTEaZ-XvJSFowRjGff6LQSTDUXXvBDty2-KJ5oS_9DbSkUDbGo54hIahXvVOXWGsrvYiM3NYzEN4BDgkZQYmhO1OyMM6QwUNtTT74xykPMoVwarlldytRhCq3RZULU1zOBxUxV4p8Y5jPqpVKc_h9F9HQ8M0YJnxZITY7N1TlhZ8Wp5gBEWT8opxQ9m6ktZmuPLZsEQtW01cfLwMQKaknLNvy1fwkprqcQ9xB08L_Kc4DtPca0nPnWMfIgl2rmdzjxgfiusgBZBMwXEcosxvnMof6kB4TxwBupqR_24esP3i_tToVnXjDRboMpIOWKOAd8XQ6hWLWVPebivEhQW3gffk2j86mzswvAay6GkV_p2lYmsbyp9HpliOfgF_-bXtO8MxFN7HYq12OLiOFXNFB_-rfz585Vb3w1XedLcCUHwyywUBGeRX1Q0JmDaxj6EmbEl3N_iONs2O15j2MMmq96h05nyTbRpqeFS5Mj8UX4YsXNcMOp9YUWSPnPVFr1UnnNW347McgkRiIpx3RYdGgQsYx1WzBZSzT5FEWYEN_iqx_q6oNtkq33Mgk8JFvzFKm2rw2JFInqk0OeYSY-00L2BVUq_dZhyGXgMHE9E0sYQMyWCc=w675-h949-no

This one is... okay, I messed up. I didn't remember that full-art supporters take almost all the rectangular space of the card, plausible poses be damned; I only noticed my mistake after the drawing was finished, and I'll be frank, I didn't feel like remaking it entirely.
The effect connects a little with Glacia saying she went to Hoenn from a faraway region because her ice-types (which are all from Hoenn... somehow) train better in the heat of a tropical region; so when you don't have Wintry Field in play, your pokemon get stronger in addition to the usual effect of the card. But I wasn't completely sure about the wording, and the drawing is crap, so it didn't make the cut here.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Question: will I get points off for not putting the "You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack)." clause on my text-based? If so, is it worth taking the -2 point deduction, or will that be worse?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
in for text!
I'm unsure of how to enter the card though...
To enter, you simply post the text-based card right here in this thread. Make sure you've triple-checked your entry before posting, since editing it will result in a -2 point penalty!

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Question: will I get points off for not putting the "You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack)." clause on my text-based? If so, is it worth taking the -2 point deduction, or will that be worse?

Yup, that is worth 2 points as it is a fairly major part of the card text. Net neutral change for ya ^w^

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
References:
Slowking GRI
Celestella GX PROMO
Random Tool
[Season’s Blessings

Item-Tool

Attach a Pokémon Tool to one of your Pokémon that doesn’t already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it.

This Pokémon is now the type of the Defending Pokémon’s Weakness (If the Defending Pokémon doesn’t have a weakness, this Pokémon is now typeless) This Pokémon’s non-[C] attack costs are now the type of the Defending Pokémon’s Weakness (If the Defending Pokémon has no weakness, ignore all non-[C] Energy in this Pokémon’s attacks).

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).
/SPOILER]

Nyora

A Cat
Christmas Comet ◇ - Trainer - Item
◇ (Prism Star) Rule - You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

Each player flips a coin for each of their opponent's Pokémon in play. For each heads, that player searches their deck for a card, reveals it, and puts it into their hand. Then, each player shuffles his or her deck. (Your opponent does this first.) Then, each player shakes hands with their opponent.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
There's just under 5 days remaining to submit your entry! Make sure you don't leave it to the last minute. ;)

Nyan

She/They
December_CaC_2017.png
I don't really have much to say about this other than it was fun. Kinda annoying to make at times, specifically cutting out parts of the blank to overlay the texture sheet, but overall, I think it came out amazing! There was one thing I had a hard time with; figuring out what to make the card do. All my ideas made the card quite powerful, so eventually I just settled on this, which I don't think is too bad, but I will have to wait for the judges opinion on that! Thanks to paulsnoops on dA for the blank, and the art is a Pokemon Center artwork.