Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: January 2018 - Grass Types ~ Update: Image-Based Finally Up!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I would recommend avoiding using spoilers in your entries this month, due to the spoiler glitch affecting most people. If you used a spoiler, DO NOT edit your post yourself, otherwise you will receive a penalty. The staff will be able to fix up the issue for you. ^.^

P.S. I just edited what is said, not the card. I swear on the river Styx (Greek river)
Edits, even if the entry itself remains unchanged, will result in a penalty, since we can't always verify that the entry itself remained unchanged. Instead, you'll need to make sure that you've included all the necessary information before posting, or you'll need to make a second post.

The Psychic Sorcerer

Aspiring Trainer
My entry:

Ferrothorn GX – Metal – HP210
Stage 1 – Evolves from Ferroseed

Ability: Anticipate
When any damage is done to this Pokemon inflict 20 damage to your opponent's active Pokemon.

[M] Power Whip 20
This attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponents Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon)

[M] [C] [C] Pin Missile GX 100
This attack does 100 damage to all of your opponents GX Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon)

Weakness: Fire [x2]
Resistance: Psychic [-20]
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]
It fights by swinging around its three spiky feelers. A hit from these steel spikes can reduce a boulder to rubble.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Good news! Both the spoiler glitch, and that annoying formatting error that occurs when using colours (and a few other tags), have now been fixed! I'll be reverting the posts that contained spoilers back their original versions, so don't worry about that.

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
As everyone has been saying, sorry for not putting this in a spoiler, they just aren't working. (sorry also for the gigantic, post this card is complicated!).
My Entry:
Sawsbuck
HP 140
Type: [G]
Stage 1: Evolves from Deerling
Ability: Season’s Gift
Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have more Fire type Pokémon on your bench than Water type Pokémon with a [M] weakness, then choose 1.
•Draw cards until you have 4 cards in your hand
•Search your deck for an Evolution Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck.
Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have more Water type Pokémon with a [M] weakness on your bench than Fire type Pokémon, then choose 1.
•Search your opponent’s discard for an item card and put it into the Lost Zone •Search your deck for up to 3 cards and discard them. Place 2 damage counter on each of your Basic Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck.
Once during your turn (before your attack), if you have the same number of Water type Pokémon with a [M] weakness on your bench as Fire type Pokémon, then choose 1.
•Each player puts a Pokémon from his or her discard pile into his or her hand. (Your opponent chooses first.)
•Look at the top card of either player's deck. You may discard that card or return it to the top of the deck. If you return the card to the top of your opponent’s deck, then look at the top card of your deck. You may either discard it or shuffle the top card back into your deck.
You may only use 1 Season’s Gift per turn.
[G][G][G][G][G] Spring Wind 10
For each of your Benched Basic Pokémon, search your deck for a card that evolves from that Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon to evolve it. Place 1 damage counter on each Pokémon that you evolved in this way.
Weakness: [R}x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]
Pokédex: They migrate according to the seasons, so some people call Sawsbuck the harbingers of spring.

References:
Octillery BTH Buddy-Buddy Rescue Leafeon GX ULP Timer Ball SUM Super Boost Energy PRISIM STAR Battle Compressor Oricorio GRI (Supernatural) Geovanni’s Scheme Trick Shovel Bunnelby Ancient Trait

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
My Entry:
Shiftry GX-[G]- HP 250
Stage 2 - Evolves from Nuzleaf

Ability: Emergency Synthesis
Once during your turn, (Before your attack) if your opponent's Active Pokemon has enough energy to attack, and yours doesn't, then you may search your deck for up to 3 energy cards and attach them to your benched Pokemon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck after. Then, switch your Active Pokemon with one of your benched Pokemon.

[G] Energy Cyclone 30+
This attack does 70 more damage for each energy card your Active Pokemon has more than your opponent's Active Pokemon.

[G][C][C] Hurricane Force GX
Ask your opponent to discard their entire hand. If they say yes, discard their entire hand. If they say no, you may Knock Out one of their Pokemon GX.

Weakness: [R]
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Sign me up for text. May as well throw myself back in the fire now that the color glitch is gone.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
The text-based is now filled up, as of Ninja Penguin's last post! This does now mean that we will be stricter on those who fail to submit an entry by the deadline for the text-based portion, as to provide maximum opportunity to all fakers who might like to enter. Refer to the following information, quoted from the OP, for more details:

Participants who fail to submit a card by the deadline, if the particular portion is full, will automatically lose 2 points for the next round (similar to losing 2 points for the current round for editing). If the portion you have signed-up for is full and if you wish to drop out, you must do so by the 23rd of January at 12 PM (EST) to not incur the penalty.

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
First entry of 2018!

[BASIC] Chesnaught GL HP100 [G]
chesnaught-3.gif

Pokémon SP - Gym Leader’s Pokémon - VSRamos.png

[Poké-Body] Armor-Plated
Chesnaught GL may have up to 2 Pokémon Tool cards attached to it. (If Chesnaught GL loses this Poké-Body, discard Pokémon Tool cards attached to Chesnaught GL until only 1 Pokémon Tool card remains.) Chesnaught GL gets +10 HP times the amount of Tool cards attached to Chesnaught GL.

[G][G][C][C] Spiky Slam 50+
You may discard up to 2 Pokémon Tool cards attached to Chesnaught GL. If you do, this attack does 50 damage plus 10 more damage for each Pokémon Tool card you discarded.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

[Rayquaza C - Supreme Victors]
[Steelix GL - Rising Rivals]
[Sigilyph - Plasma Blast]

KnightofDust

your future past waits
My entry:
n8mm2yK.jpg

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Sunflora [G] HP: 90
Stage 1- Evolves from Sunkern

sunflora.gif

#192 Sun Pokémon | 2'07" | 18.7lbs

Ability: Walking on Sunshine
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may remove 2 damage counters from each of your [G] Pokémon. You can't use more than 1 Walking on Sunshine Ability each turn. This Ability can't be used if Sunflora is affected by a Special Condition.

[G] [C] Sunshine Special
Search your deck for 1 [G] Pokémon and 1 [G] Energy and show them to your opponent. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[G] [G] [C] Flower Power 30x
Flip a coin for each [G] Pokémon on your Bench. This attack does 30 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness - [R] x2
Resistance -
Retreat Cost - [C]
"Sunflora converts solar energy into nutrition. It moves around actively in the daytime when it is warm. It stops moving as soon as the sun goes down for the night."

Sunflora (DP Secret Wonders; 38 of 132)
Sunflora (HeartGold and SoulSilver; 31 of 123)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
PPZc32d.png

Notes:
  • I really love e-series cards. Only tried my hand at making them twice before, though, to subpar results. Fortunately @aschefield101 had some HQ-er blanks he'd been sitting on for a while. And a FA blank, no less! :D
  • Found the art for this first, and then set about making a spoiler for it. My favorite Shaymin card ever is the one from Unleashed, which lets you move Energy around your board however you please when you put it onto your Bench. It allowed for some absurdly fun combos when it was legal. Basically, I decided to do something kinda similar in terms of Energy manipulation for this one.
  • Was originally going to have it do something with healing, but I think this is more viable in terms of playability.
  • Yeah the wording's really weird, but it should check out for e-series. References: Kadabra EX84, Unown V N4, Pichu EX22]
Credits:
  • Thanks to @aschefield101 for blank, holosheet, and symbols. ^.^
  • TPCi for the Shaymin art, featured on the booster pack artwork for the TCG set Platinum.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
Abomasnow-GX - Water - HP 200
Stage 1 - Evolves from Snover

Ability: Snow Spread
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may discard a [W] Energy card from your hand. If you do, put 2 damage counters on each Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's), excluding [W] Pokémon.

[W][C] Avalanche Rush 40
If there is any Stadium card in play, this attack does 60 more damage. Then, discard that Stadium card.

[W][W][W][C] Hailstorm Slamdown GX
This attack does 10 damage for each damage counter on your opponent's Pokémon to each of those Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

Pokémon-GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Thoughts:
I was originally not too enthusiastic about joining CaC this month. But I was convinced and after spending a while thinking about what to actually make, I decided to go with the more creative idea of choosing a half-Grass type and developing its other type, and the first thing that came to mind was Abomasnow. The mechanic of hail placing damage on every Pokemon except those immune to it made me able to be creative and tried to help me balance out the card from being too overpowered. Not to mention adoring the creativity of being able to use an older card (Abomasnow from Stormfront) as a reference while making a card for the current Sun and Moon era.

I'm willing to take the very large possibility that this card will be noted by the judges for being overpowered. Its ability has incredibly strong synergy with its GX attack to destroy an entire field from your opponent, knocking out several Pokémon in one attack. I think the best I could do is just keep the damage dealt by the attack at 10, and block the ability from doing damage to Water Pokémon, to keep the theme of hail. I'm willing to take that claim of it being unbalanced with the understanding that it allowed me the most creative freedom. That's what I look for most when creating a card.

References:
Tapu Koko [SM Promo 30]
Greninja BREAK [XY BREAKpoint - 41/122]
Gyarados GX [Sun and Moon: Crimson Invasion - 18/111]
Abomasnow [Diamond and Pearl: Stormfront - 12/100]
Gyarados [XY: Ancient Origins - 20/98]

I look forward to the judge's thoughts on my creation!