Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: July 2018 - Unused Types ~ Official Judging is Now Up!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Here's my entry. Went through multiple iterations, but it's finally done.
Maybe use imgur or some other dedicated host, since for me, your image is broken. Not sure about others. Probably have to be logged in on the terraria forums in order for the image to load.

Yup, you're going to need to reupload your entry @blahblahbal. Once you have your image uploaded onto a more reliable host, send me a conversation message and I'll fix up your entry for you, so you don't have to incur an edit penalty! ;P

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Yup, you're going to need to reupload your entry @blahblahbal. Once you have your image uploaded onto a more reliable host, send me a conversation message and I'll fix up your entry for you, so you don't have to incur an edit penalty! ;P

Huh. That's odd. It appears fine for me. I don't want to upload to imgur because they now convert to jpg. Which sucks. I'll probably upload to dropbox or something.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized what I could upload to - DeviantArt.

Last edited:

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
EDIT -2
Golurk
HP 100
Type [Gt]

Ability: Vengeful Spirit
If this Pokémon was Knocked Out during your opponent's last turn and if this Pokémon is in your discard pile, you may put this Pokémon onto your Bench. If you do, place 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like.

Ability: Pain Amplification
At any time between turns, if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokémon that has a damage counter on it.

[Gt] [Gt] Spectral Force:
This attack does 90 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [D]x2
Resistance: [F]-20
Retreat: [C][C][C]

PokéDex: It is said that Golurk were ordered to protect people and Pokémon by the ancient people who made them.

References:
Wishiwashi GRI
Flygon BCR
Oricorio SM19
Shaymin ULP
Eggsecute PLF
Teammates PRC

Last edited:

Yog

Rogue
Huh. That's odd. It appears fine for me.
This happens because you are logged in and have an account at those forums.

Meanwhile on imgur, if you have an account, there is a setting you can toggle to 'upload in high quality'. This should save the jpg conversion.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I’ll sign up and complete my entry right now.

Stage 2: Unfeazant GX 230 HP [Fg]

Ability: Raptor’s Eye
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, switch one of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon.

[Fg][Fg][C] Hunting Dive 110+
If this Pokémon used its Raptor’s Eye Ability this turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

[Fg] Supersonic Flight GX
As long as your GX counter is flipped face-down, all of your Pokémon have no Retreat Cost. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in game.)

When a Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, take 2 Prize Cards.

W: [L]
R: [Gd]
Retreat: [C]

LeoMyFriend

A Real Life Pyroar
I'm signing up for a text entry as well! Here's my entry:

Drifblim-GX - Ghost - HP220
Stage 1 - Evolves from Drifloon

Ability: Drag Away
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may have your opponent switch their Active Pokemon with one of their Benched Pokemon. If they do, switch this Pokemon with one of your Benched Pokemon.

[Gt][C] Spit Up: 30+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy attached to this Pokemon.

[Gt][C][C] Blow Away-GX: Put all Energy and Pokemon Tools attached to your opponent's Active Pokemon into the Lost Zone. If you do, your opponent switches their Active Pokemon with one of their Benched Pokemon. (You cannot use more than 1 GX attack per game.)

When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Ghost (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

Drifblim is one of my favorite Pokemon, and it deserves more of a spotlight. In the video games, Drifblim is pretty tanky, so I liked the idea of a hefty GX with an interesting utility.

Drag Away takes reference to Drifloon's Dex entries in the video game, where it attempts to drag kids to the underworld. Drifblim drags the opponent's active Pokemon away, and Drifblim leaves as well. I originally wanted to let the player choose which of their opponent's Pokemon gets switched, but a free Guzma every turn is not exactly balanced.

Spit Up is a move that Drifblim learns in the video game. Without any set acceleration in this fake type format, it's hard to imagine how easily it's attaining that Energy, but with some DCEs and Rainbows, it could make for a decent attack, hitting for 90 on turn 2 before modifiers.

Blow Away-GX plays on how Drifblim is still a big balloon, and balloons blow out air. I think the Lost Zone is fun and should be played with a lot more outside of Prism Stars. I wanted a Pokemon that cuts off any way to get the cards out of the discard. Drifloon can blow things away and scatter them to the winds, and I figured a great way to make use of that is to put them in the Lost Zone.

Its Weakness and Resistance plays off of Drifblim's weaknesses in the video game. Ghost is weak to Ghost, but immune (resistant) to Fighting. Despite being a balloon, Drifblim's Speed in the video game isn't exactly stellar, and to have a Pokemon that can easily retreat without making a modest sacrifice (2 Energy, 1 with Escape Board) would make this hefty blimp a bit too difficult to pop.

Overall, I feel like this card would get roughly the same amount of play as Lycanroc-GX, as the Abilities work similarly, and its attacks can actually prove useful from time to time.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'm dropping from the competition. I'm not satisfied with any ideas I have and I don't think I'll be able to come up with something better.

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
I3nR7EY.png

I had fun this month, and I think I've improved quite a bit from previous entries this time around in improving the consistency of the image, though I'm not as happy as I could be with the outlines and getting the fonts 100% perfect.

References:
Electrode EVO
Raticate-BREAK BKP
Tapu Lele-GX GUR
Flygon BCR
Raichu XY
Espeon-GX SUM

All credit to kamionero for the ghost type icon.

-2 for editing, Decidueye does definitely not evolve from Rowlet ;)

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
arT8Ncj.png

I had fun this month, and I think I've improved quite a bit from previous entries this time around in improving the consistency of the image, though I'm not as happy as I could be with the outlines and getting the fonts 100% perfect.

References:
Electrode EVO
Raticate-BREAK BKP
Tapu Lele-GX GUR
Flygon BCR
Raichu XY
Espeon-GX SUM

All credit to kamionero for the ghost type icon.
Looking good, though Decidueye evolves from Dartrix, not Rowlet :p

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Why the psychic resistance? All Ghost types in S/M have a resistance to Colorless

Honestly I thought ghosts also resisted psychic as well as doing super effective damage, but I guess not. However it still makes enough sense, I wanted to keep it standard with ghost types in the actual TCG, which I guess actually resist psychic because ghost resists poison.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Going with an USUM
[Gd] is for Ground, [Rc] is for Rock, ['S] for Steel, [Ic] is for Ice & [Ec] is for Electric
Dread's Flygon GX HP 230 [Gd]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Vibrava

Ability - Extreme Sand
As long as Dread's Flygon GX is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counters on all Pokémon in play (excluding [Gd], [Rc] & ['S] Pokémon) between turns.

[Gd][Gd][Gd] Earth Spikes
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon that have any damage counters on it.

[Gd] Hazard Wind GX
Your opponent discard his or her hand.

Weakness - [Ic]
Resistence - [Ec] -20
Retreat Cost - [C][C]

[When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Guess I take the edit penalty

[Gd] is for Ground, [Rc] is for Rock, ['S] for Steel, [Ic] is for Ice & [Ec] is for Electric
Dread's Flygon GX HP 230 [Gd]
Stage 2 - Evolves from Vibrava

Ability - Extreme Sand
As long as Dread's Flygon GX is your Active Pokémon, put 1 damage counter on all Pokémon in play (excluding [Gd], [Rc] & ['S] Pokémon) between turns.

[Gd][Gd][Gd] Earth Spikes
This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon that have any damage counters on it.

[Gd] Hazard Wind GX
Your opponent discard his or her hand. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness - [Ic]
Resistence - [Ec] -20
Retreat Cost - [C][C]

[When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]
[/QUOTE]

Nyan

She/They
Weavile_GX.png
Meh.
This card isn't polished at all, it was also very rushed and there's a lot more I wanted to do but I wanted to get it out in time... all I can say is that I may revisit it sometime in the future. I don't really have much to say other than that. At least I got an entry out, I suppose.

Last edited: