Fun Pokébeach Playthrough - Black 2 and White 2!

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
Your names are bad Vracken get on my level you already know Wotter and Doggo Fist be carrying along with leafy boi and wooly
Boi

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
I am just gonna say, I am not a fan of the level limits, I don't really understand their purpose. If people wanna grind to make it easier, seems weird to restrict that. Otherwise, I am not going to specifically care about how much I level so if I go over then I guess I am out.
The purpose of the level limits was for when Showdown battles start up either now or in the near future. I didn’t want for any one person to become way overleveled in comparison to everyone else so they would have a big advantage. So, let me ask all the players a question about them. Should I raise the level limits so you’d have to really, really try to go over them? Should I do away with them altogether? Or should I keep them the same?

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
I mean, with the show down thing, you can just say, set your Pokemon to this level for it :p

Celever

Wheeeee~
The purpose of the level limits was for when Showdown battles start up either now or in the near future. I didn’t want for any one person to become way overleveled in comparison to everyone else so they would have a big advantage. So, let me ask all the players a question about them. Should I raise the level limits so you’d have to really, really try to go over them? Should I do away with them altogether? Or should I keep them the same?
I support the level limits. Usually when I've done these sorts of things before we've made sure not to skimp on the details on Showdown, which includes every stat to the exact digit. Having a cap on the level (and assuming everyone will train up to said level in question, though it doesn't matter so much if people are under cos that's more of a choice than anything else) makes this possible and gives validity to when the fighting begins.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Just got up to the ferry. Forgot how much I hate Pokéstar Studios. xD

Philip (Flaaffy) Lv. 18
Minerva (Purrloin) Lv. 16
Romulus (Riolu) Lv. 17
Antares (Venipede) Lv. 16
Niten (Dewott) Lv. 17

Blakers

It seems that I may have made a mistake with the level caps, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience or lack of interest this may have caused. As a first-time host on Pokébeach for anything, it's my goal to keep as many people as possible as entertained and happy as possible. So I'd like to try to resolve this in a way that's as agreeable as possible. After thinking about it, I've tried to come up with a solution where everyone is happy:
  • I'm getting rid of required level caps. I can provide a number if some people still want one, but people who want to surpass that will be allowed to.
  • Showdown exhibition battles will open up next phase when everyone has more team members. These will have no level cap.
  • After the fourth gym badge, and just before the Elite Four, I'll hold tournaments with the in-game teams. These will have level caps, and the one after the fourth gym badge will be capped at Level 32.
  • For those who want to go over the level cap, but still want to participate in the tournament, simply take pictures of your Pokémon's stats at Level 32 and you can enter it with those.
Please let me know if there's still something that I need to look into with this proposal! :D

Last edited:

Blakers

I’ve finished up with a Level 19 Elekid, a Level 18 Lucario, and a Level 19 Dewott!

We have just under 24 hours left, and this is how things currently stand:

Finished:
1. blahblahbal
2. Tails
3. double o squirtle
4. Vracken
5. TOTAL_EPICNESS
6. Jabberwock
7. Blakers

In Progress:
8. VioletValkyrie
9. bbninjas (I’m guessing because no confirmation of finishing or starting, but you’re obviously following the thread.)

No Confirmation of Starting:
10. @TheFlyingPidove
11. @Anime Psyclone
12. @Celever

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Whoops, forgot to mention that I started/finished. I've actually been done for a while.

HATHAT's Team:
Pidove lvl. 18
Sewaddle lvl. 18
Flaaffy lvl. 18
Purrloin lvl. 18
Growlithe lvl. 17
Lucario lvl. 17

This isn't going to be my final team, it just feels good to have 6 Pokémon. :p

Blakers

We've reached the allotted time to beat Roxie, so it's time to move on!

Phase 3 Start!
1. @blahblahbal
2. @Tails
3. @double o squirtle
4. @Vracken
5. @TOTAL_EPICNESS
6. @Jabberwock
7. @TheFlyingPidove
8. @Blakers
9. @VioletValkyrie
10. @bbninjas

@Anime Psyclone and @Celever , are you guys still in this playthrough, or do you have to drop for some reason? I didn't hear anything from either of you all of last phase, so I just want to check in on you guys. :D

In This Phase, We Will:
  • Finally board the ferry.
  • Defeat the Castelia city gym leader.
  • Stop just before the Crustle blocking the way on Route 4.
  • Keep all of our Pokémon lower than Level 26, for whoever still wants a level cap.
  • Move on to the next phase on April 16, 6:00 PM EST.

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
My defeat of Burgh involved my Flaaffy surviving Leavanny's Razor Leaf with 1 hp... But at least it survived :D. Anyway, waiting at Route 4, just after Colress battle.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
KevinBacon and co. made quick work of Burgh. KevinBacon extended an invitation to a new member; DeChambeau the Woobat. He happily accepted.

My Team:
"DeChambeau" the Woobat (Male) Level 20
"KevinBacon" the Pignite (Male) Level 24
"Gilliland" the Azurill (Male) Level 21

Blakers

I'm done, whole team is Level 23. Team consists of Dewott, Lucario, Elekid, Sandile, and Espeon.

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
May as well make an update post, I finished a while ago and my team is as follows:

Violet - Badges: 3 - Route 4
Bonnette (Petilil, Female), Level 25
Martini (Liepard, Female), Level 23

Current Play Time: 6:13

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
My superior team:
Doggo Fist (lucario level 20)
Wotter (Dewott level 20)
Sandy boi (sandile level 20)
Cotton boi (cottonee level 20)

Blakers

A little under 30 hours are left, and we’re just waiting on @Jabberwock and @bbninjas (and @Celever is trying to catch back up). But the point of this post is to finally introduce Showdown matches to you guys! Some of you have done these before, and some of you haven’t. Basically, it’s battling on Pokémon Showdown using your in-game team! You put your team into Showdown with each Pokémon’s stats and moves, and just challenge other people. You may be wondering how to get your exact stats in the system. The solution for that is just playing around with the EVs and IVs until you get the right numbers. For instance, this is what my Infernape in Platinum looked like:
90DA7F7E-9F2F-4DD5-A5D0-7B6412B7FEF0.jpeg
Just do that for your whole team in the Gen 5 OU format, and go beat up everyone else who’s in this playthough! (Or get beat up, I don’t really care.) :p