Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
TBH, you were town for me most of the time until the last couple days, so I thought it was just a simple thought. That why I kept giving you the Soul Dew, because "I guessed I could count on you" </3

Anyways, I believe this is the only game I wasn't announcer I was the last town alive. I think I was playing a good game putting aside that ridiculous "poison" fiasco, which I strongly think it should be in the Master Doc :v Too bad it all had to end like that.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
@Tapu Lele true, you could've claimed Zweilous btw

I was thinking about that. But then I realized that Zwelious doesn't have eyes.
I could have definitely made up something, but props to @Pikachuuu101 for showing me how a really badly made claim could get me lynched.

After seeing that, I really didn't want to even consider hiding anything, because I felt that that people could pick up on the small tiny details and call me out. That's also the reason why I went after Dash, because his reveal was in almost the same matter as Pika's.

In my view, the idea of a namekiller has two sides to it
  • It gives mafia leverage because they get the extra kills
  • But it also gives town leverage, because your name is something that's really important. Revealing your name gives you a bit of prestige, saying that you are willing to risk death to prove yourself innocent. This is really important for the last days when there is only 1 scum left and pretty much nothing to hide.
Also, it's important to note that only Robin was the only mafia to give a full "reveal", so throughout the entire game I had the idea that those not willing to reveal their info leaned on scum. This was my first online game after all, so my logic isn't rooted in experience, but as a new player the people that seemed shady in this scenario were those not revealing their name and taking the risks.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Anyway @mordacazir , I received your message but decided to follow Robin's lead and claim not receiving any, I could have change it to fit my situation but we decided it best to build the distance so that my death wouldn't lead to the town finding my teammate. I predicted I'm pretty much dead when I pretty much help lynch the main guy that calling me scum with a "message" which pretty much disappointed me a bit since I was hoping to get dissected more before and after my lynch but you guys pretty much ignore me totally.

Since time was at the essence and it was either me or sam, I can't play the angle of the message was sent by a scum announcer, which was quite a common role.

-----------------------------------------
I have the stand firm that the name killing wasn't so strong as bb said, we had to make the right guess and once wrong that guy was pretty much save from our extra kill. Since Yog was a mole in jlap's chat, we weren't able to use anything we learn there immideatly fearing Yog would be outed as mole too soon. Hence why we took out TE & DFL at the same time so that no one could confirm that DFL only reveal his role in QT. and we pretty much outed Yog as scum when he claim to confirm TLS name in thread.

@Yog, truthfully from the way I'm seeing and experience as a player, you would be prime lynch candidate simply for staying alive until late game as you were a very vocal contributor. The players like me would be warry of you as it would be obvious why you are being kept alive, either you really have bad read, you could be use as a late game lynch candidate or your were scum.

@Robin I appreciate you tried to vote to save me at some point and I was glad that no one used that defend to lynch you and congrat again for staying alive to get us the win

@Anime Psyclone, did you gave up once we were trying to lynch you?

@pikachuuu u101, as you have seen, staying to low and only appearing that rarely would get you lynch regardless what you claim, in a different situation, if there is no clear indication you are scum and good enough to stay as townie, I would have suggest for Robin to out himself just so we could be an extra night by using his day skip ability

@Camoclone, sorry that I kinda didn't go with your suggestion, Somehow I felt awkward and donno how to react as your suggestion. Me changing too little of my style had scattered mind suspicion fall into me. I wonder if I followed your advice, would SM pushed for my lynch or take it as a different sign.

To hosts, I know it was a hard decision when the triplemo fiasco happen, and I was glad the game still go on and you guys manage to salvage the situation.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
@bbninjas There's one more thing I'm curious about

How did the night kills work relative to my Tracker ability? I was kind of frustrated that not one of my night actions showed me a night kill happening, even though there was a whole group of mafia that would be killing people. I feel like I wasted it because I only got results which had shown people doing nothing, or actions of town that were claimed in thread the next day. At least I could verify that people told the truth...

Do the mafia take turns with each night kill? Does the NK just not show up from the tracker ability? How does it work?

Edit: Nvm, looked it up - that's how the tracker role works in general

Last edited:

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
RIP. I thought I could trust you, Robin! GG scum! This has to be one of my favorite games on the site so far, though. Excellent balance, great hosting, and a ton of fun all around! I'm surprised no one put the pieces together and thought I was Absol, though. In hindsight, it was a little too obvious.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
RIP. I thought I could trust you, Robin! GG scum! This has to be one of my favorite games on the site so far, though. Excellent balance, great hosting, and a ton of fun all around! I'm surprised no one put the pieces together and thought I was Absol, though. In hindsight, it was a little too obvious.
I already knew as of night 5, but I didn't want to tell anyone because that would get you killed :p

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
About time this game ended.

I stopped following it once I died since I didn't have access to the dead chat. I did skim the scum threads though, and I liked the planning that was going on. Shout outs to me for correctly guessing that Anime Psyclone had turned scum; he was the last poster before the triplemo fiasco happened and was online all throughout it. I'm a little surprised scum didn't at least entertain this idea, as it would have been a decent way to use context clues to find who had their alignment changed.

With regards to the name kill, it was completely fair. It was a once-per-person guess that should have been almost impossible to guess until very late game (aside from the good guess by the scum night 1). bb laid out in the OP that name claiming would get you killed and the town figured out why almost immediately!!! This role should have gotten almost no hits but instead proc'd, what, five times? because town ignored the warning signs. Every time I saw Yog post "hey got another name" I wanted to bring myself back from the dead and then shoot myself in frustration. Shout outs to whoever actually did disguise their role, you get a Golden PMJ Award. The name kill was a great idea to punish stupid play and that's exactly what it did. This town deserved exactly what it got.

Thumbs down for bringing back the ability to steal messages from the dead chat. I thought you would have learned from the rat spam from last time.

My only other gripe is that I was killed off instead of Anime Psyclone. I am always best when I'm scum.

Good game all, I'm glad it wasn't a complete blowout on either side.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Do the mafia take turns with each night kill? Does the NK just not show up from the tracker ability? How does it work?
Had you targeted a player who was performing the nightkill, you would have seen them perform the kill as well as do whatever they would normally have done. If you had tracked Robin during any of the nights in which he was the sole mischief maker alive, you would have seen him act on both of the players who would have died.

Thumbs down for bringing back the ability to steal messages from the dead chat. I thought you would have learned from the rat spam from last time.

Well, that's not exactly how the Soul Dew worked (although it was what Robin assumed by the end of the game)! We did want to give the dead players some incentive to continue scumhunting and staying somewhat involved in the game. As such, dead players had a single opportunity to post a 140 character or less message, which would be sent to whoever is holding the Soul Dew. I figured this should be fine for balancing as:

- players could only submit a single message per game
- the mafians could submit messages to mislead, meaning that messages received had to be taken with a grain of salt (else you'd just do what the mafians wanted)
- you have no idea who is going to receive the message, and if that player is mafian, they can lie about it (or not share it at all)
- there were no roles that could particularly abuse this system. Once there were some confo innocents, it would also provide an outlet for the role name scanner (rip Jade) to claim who they targeted post-death, so that quakingpunch's role could scan their affiliation. Obviously one could not just claim the role names without care, else you're setting up people to be killed.

I am very much against any mechanic that is left up to chance, and so that's half the reason I'd never add any mechanic that would randomly pull posts from chats. It was a hard yard to convince myself that a Metronome Ability would be fine... >.>

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Fun fact: I had considered writing up false Magneton flavor to go with my role reveal, but I never ended up having to do it.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
For the record, I'm still very firmly on board with anti-claim mechanics and I definitely suggested them for a good reason. It punishes people for wanting to rolehunt and makes roles do what they are built for: enhance the town through their actions but not be usable to hunt out the bad guys.
Vrack's and my game will have an anti-claim mechanic, which will be much harder to get around but will not involve killing people who claim. So get ready for it and please be ready for it.

Speaking of our game, signups will be up in the next day or two! So get hyped and I hope to see all of you sign up for it!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
The Postgame

Thankyou everyone for participating, making this game a blast to run and a blast to watch! Thankyou to the veterans, many of whom managed their schedules especially for this game. Thankyou to all the new players who just gave this game a shot - we would definitely love to see you here again. Thankyou to @Camoclone and @NinjaPenguin for doing a superb job at advising! And of course, thankyou @Jabberwock for being a wonderful cohost, and putting in the hard yards writing some hilarious flavour - which I could never do.

I am so glad that most of you really enjoyed this setup! One of the biggest factors that attributed to the game success, in my opinion, was the game size. You can have much more fun with the roles, the discussion is never as bland, and you never have a single person running the show. Additionally, if reading everything isn't a problem for you, you can get away with only making a couple of posts per phase - which balances well with a busy real life.

Fingers crossed we'll see more games with 20 or more players in the future! If you signed up for the prizes but really enjoyed this game and want to get more of it, we'd love to see you within this community again. @NinjaPenguin and @Vracken will be hosting Mafia 51 - I hope to see you there! ^.^

Otherwise, most of what I wanted to say in the postgame - on triplemo, on the role name killer, on balance and on the Soul Dew - has already been said here or soon thereafter, so I won't repeat myself.

Let's See... the Prizes!

Without further ado, this is our prize pool:

Player Participation Prize: x5 random booster packs
Player MVPs Prize Pool (4): Zoroark-GX FA Promo, x3 Dragon Vault, x6 Shining Legends, HGSS Bundle: (Plusle, Minun, Raikou, Suicune Promos), Plasma Bundle: (x3 Plasma Freeze, Heatran-EX)
Host's MVPs: x5 boosters of your choice
Raffle (1): x15 random boosters
Note that the Host's MVPs and the Raffle prizes will be given to players who did not win the Player's MVPs prizes by the vote.

Thank you to everyone who participated to the end of the game! You will all be eligible for the participation prize, as well as any of the other prizes.

Acetrainer_samwise
Anime Psyclone
DashKing
Dusk Form Lycanroc
Lord Goomy
Mariano11887
Megapod_781
Professor_jplap
TOTAL_EPICNESS
Tapu Lele
The Last Shaymin
Tyler Beta
Yog
mirdo
pikachuuuu101
Blakers
GM Draclord
Jadethepokemontrainer
Lord o da rings
Luispipe8
PMJ
Robin Aisaga
mordacazir
quakingpunch73
scattered mind
simsands

This is how the prize distributions will work! If you are not interested in any prizes, you should post in-thread that you are opting out. I will strike-through your name on the list above for record's sake. For everyone else, you should post your PTCG Online username in the PM Conversations that contained your role. I will then add you as a friend on the simulator, and offer you a trade. Make sure that you have something marked for trade, so I can trade with you! This could be as worthless as a basic Energy.

But first, we must vote for our MVPs! Anyone who participated in or spectated the game may nominate any of the eligible participants who they thought stood out, played particularly cleverly or superbly, and/or were a valuable asset to the team. We will be giving away 4 MVP prizes via this voting system - 1 to a veteran and 3 to new players, and at least one of these will be given to a player who was a Mischief Maker.

To vote, all you need to do is post in this thread the four players who you would like to nominate! The players who receive the most nominations within the next 72 hours will receive a MVP prize from the pool (of their choice, pending whether it's been selected already). You should post in the following format:

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1:
New Player 2:
New Player 3:
Veteran:

You might like to give some reasons as to why you nominate these players, as feedback and encouragement for those players! Don't forget to nominate at least one player who was Mischief Maker!
And that is all! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will distribute prizes once the MVPs have been announced.

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Good game guys. That was a fun one.

The pidgey was actually a cancelled role BB sent me, so i used it.

It didn't matter anyway because I sent a message to yog :(

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1: TOTAL_EPICNESS
New Player 2: Tapu Lele
New Player 3: Yog
Veteran: Robin Aisaga
out of spite and because I won't vote myself :v

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
I’ll opt out of prizes, I only joined for the game! ^_^

##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1:
Tapu Lele
New Player 2: Yog
New Player 3: TOTAL_EPICNESS
Veteran: Robin Aisaga

Lele and Yog were both strong presences in the game, whether to help or manipulate the town. Of course, it was thanks to TOTAL_EPICNESS’ decision we had gotten Yog out of the way, but Robin managed to survive to the very end of the game and won for the mafia.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
##NOMINATIONS
New Player 1: @TOTAL_EPICNESS

- The Yog lynch was so spontaneous and hilarious, but at the same time very, very useful to town.
New Player 2: @Yog
- You had all (but me!) fooled for quite a long time. Probably the most cleverly disguised of all the scum team. You made posts that really set yourself aside as a believable town. You also helped Mafia immensely by abusing and quickly silencing the QT chat from Prof_Jlap. However, maybe you were a bit too disguised - the fact that you weren't lynched already made Jade really suspicious in the Dead chat and ultimately drove your death from T_E. The hammer you unnecessarily pulled on the inactive simsands 1 hour before the cutoff time (and conveniently, right before I could access my computer) really made me suspicious of you, but you didn't leave too much evidence at the time that I could really pursue. Amazing Job overall! I'm sure we would have been doomed Twice if you were kept in the game.
New Player 3: @quakingpunch73
- The very clever use of your ability really helped when trying to determine who was NOT scum. It was clever enough to give a signal to other town that you were on their team, but it didn't give enough absolute proof to the mafia for them to lynch you when they considered the opportunity. However, if you read the Dead QT chat, we were kind of disappointed when you just followed the very simple cases on Mariano when there was already evidence a few pages back you could have pursued.

New Player 3: @mirdo
- You were helpful with the post activity reports, but I wish we could have heard some more cases from you rather than the one on SM. You also could have hinted things from your ability a bit more, but I understand that you don't want to risk revealing your role
Veteran: @scattered mind
- You really helped us get stuff straight with the simsands lynch. The information you gave us was critical, and you even helped a lot in the dead chat by clearing my name early on. Thank you very much!

Edit: Quaking is a vet - oops!

Special mention to triplemo for being the town MVP!

Last edited:

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
New Player 3: @quakingpunch73
- The very clever use of your ability really helped when trying to determine who was NOT scum. It was clever enough to give a signal to other town that you were on their team, but it didn't give enough absolute proof to the mafia for them to lynch you when they considered the opportunity. However, if you read the Dead QT chat, we were kind of disappointed when you just followed the very simple cases on Mariano when there was already evidence a few pages back you could have pursued.
I'm flattered, but I'm a vet!

##Nominations
New Player 1:
TE
New Player 2: Yog
New Player 3: Tapu Lele
Vet: scattered mind

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Also - to all those voting for me, please keep in mind that I started and pushed the Dash lynch recklessly that lost us the game. I'm honored by your votes, but please keep in mind that posting activity shouldn't entirely decide who was valuable to the game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.