• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rayquaza-GX/Venusaur(Better Than Vikavolt)

Vinny

Aspiring Trainer
I've been experimenting with cards from the next sets to make some fun decks. Like a Naganadel wall deck and a Infinite health Wishiwashi deck. There fun decks, but i think this one has potential. I'm still working on it but when its set up you do alot of damage. Roughly how it works is you try to set up some Rayquaza with at least two energy (one of each type) while at the same time get out a Venusaur. Venusaur's Ability makes all grass energy worth two energy and Rayquaza does 30 damage times the number of basic Grass and Electric energy attached to your Pokemon in play. So if you have two Rayquaza set up(two energy each) and a Choice Band, your doing 201 damage for two energy.

Here is the list---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon (20)
4 Rayquaza-GX LINK http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/05/stakataka-gx-and-rayquaza-gx-from-sm7
4 Bulbasaur 1/73
1 Ivysaur 2/73
4 Venusaur 3/73
3 Tapu Lele-GX 60/145
1 Tapu Koko SM31
1 Latias Prism LINK http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/05/latias-prism-star-celesteela-kartana-and-sceptile-from-sm7-revealed

Trainer Cards (29)
4 Cynthia 119/156
4 Copycat LINK https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Copycat_(Expedition_138)
3 Guzma 115/147
2 Pokemon Fan Club 155/156
4 Ultra Ball 68/73
4 Rare Candy 129/149
4 Choice Band 121/145
3 Field Blower 125/145
2 Escape Rope 163/147
1 Rescue stretcher 130/145
1 Energy Recycle System LINK https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Energy_Recycle_System_(EX_Dragon_84)

Energy Cards (11)
5 Grass Energy ∞/∞
5 Electric Energy ∞/∞

This deck isn't complete, I just thought it be fun to mess with and I want to see what others will do to it.
(P.S. This deck contains cards that aren't out yet and might be released after 2019 rotation)

Thehustla703

Aspiring Trainer
Without max elixir I don’t see it being better then vikavolt or electric zone. I’ve also been think of including tapu koko gx justbfor the gx attack but not sold 100%. Maybe some mysterious treasure to have more ways to discard energies. Mew could be good as well just to deal with buzzwole and have a another free retreater. How do you feel about wishful baton instead of choice band? Could be a great way not to lose energies and keep damage high. Choice band is great but I think regardless at most rayquaza gx will 2hko but once set up ohko

FL3xx

Aspiring Trainer
I toyed with the idea of Venasaur but the Vikavolt is a guaranteed +60 damage each turn with its ability. I'm also choosing to run Wishful Baton over Choice Band to keep energies in play for more damage, Choice adds 30 damage to EX/GX but Wishful Baton let's you move all basic energy so can be anything from 30+ extra damage.

I'm more than happy to share my list but I havnt had time to play it yet so it's all theory, if you want I'll just post it here :)

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
My main beef with this list is that it's grass centric but only runs 5 copies of grass energy, and only 10 energy total.

You mathematically have the same damage ceiling as a 15 energy deck if you get all 5 grass energy in play, but it's mostly the hit rate of getting the energy in the first place that I find to be problematic, especially since you aren't using Lady to search out 4 basic energy cards to guarantee that grass.

I respect the concept of using Venusaur quite a bit, but I think there's too much inconsistency with the lack of energy cards with a snowball style attacker.

Wolfshadow1121

Aspiring Trainer
I've been experimenting with cards from the next sets to make some fun decks. Like a Naganadel wall deck and a Infinite health Wishiwashi deck. There fun decks, but i think this one has potential. I'm still working on it but when its set up you do alot of damage. Roughly how it works is you try to set up some Rayquaza with at least two energy (one of each type) while at the same time get out a Venusaur. Venusaur's Ability makes all grass energy worth two energy and Rayquaza does 30 damage times the number of basic Grass and Electric energy attached to your Pokemon in play. So if you have two Rayquaza set up(two energy each) and a Choice Band, your doing 201 damage for two energy.

Here is the list---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokémon (20)
4 Rayquaza-GX LINK http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/05/stakataka-gx-and-rayquaza-gx-from-sm7
4 Bulbasaur 1/73
1 Ivysaur 2/73
4 Venusaur 3/73
3 Tapu Lele-GX 60/145
1 Tapu Koko SM31
1 Latias Prism LINK http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/05/latias-prism-star-celesteela-kartana-and-sceptile-from-sm7-revealed

Trainer Cards (29)
4 Cynthia 119/156
4 Copycat LINK https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Copycat_(Expedition_138)
3 Guzma 115/147
2 Pokemon Fan Club 155/156
4 Ultra Ball 68/73
4 Rare Candy 129/149
4 Choice Band 121/145
3 Field Blower 125/145
2 Escape Rope 163/147
1 Rescue stretcher 130/145
1 Energy Recycle System LINK https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Energy_Recycle_System_(EX_Dragon_84)

Energy Cards (11)
5 Grass Energy ∞/∞
5 Electric Energy ∞/∞

This deck isn't complete, I just thought it be fun to mess with and I want to see what others will do to it.
(P.S. This deck contains cards that aren't out yet and might be released after 2019 rotation)
I wonder if it would be to clunky to add the new Sceptile as a backup attacker and a counter to things like buzzwole and beast box.

Alucarddvd

MetaMaster
Cant wait for them to fix this bug have a crazy deck idea that could just work

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Rayquaza-GX CES 109
* 2 Bulbasaur SLG 1
* 3 Shining Genesect SLG 9
* 1 Ivysaur SLG 2
* 2 Venusaur SLG 3
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 2 Rainbow Brush CES 141
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Volkner UPR 156
* 1 Steven’s Resolve CES 165
* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 4 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 2 Lure Ball CES 138
* 2 Copycat CES 127
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Energy Recycler FLI 143
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Acro Bike CES 123

##Energy - 12

* 8 Grass Energy 1
* 4 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6

Total Cards - 60

Let me know what you guys think

;)

Matux

Aspiring Trainer
I think that energy have proved by the past that it's one of the most important thing in the game (max elixir, beast rings, vikavolt, magnezone, dark patch, aqua patch ...). It's litterally +60dmg per turn per vikavolt and it allows use to draw three cards if you think about it (and thin your deck). In my opinion, that's why it's really stronger than making a manual attachment being a +40dmg (when still needing 2 turns to do effectively power up one attacker).

Alucarddvd

MetaMaster
I Agree 100% the loss of max elixir kills the accelaration this is my current standard build is a absolute killer!!!

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Bulbasaur SLG 1
* 4 Shining Genesect SLG 9
* 1 Ivysaur SLG 2
* 2 Venusaur SLG 3
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Revitalizer GEN 70
* 2 N DEX 96
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Wishful Baton BUS 128
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 Energy Recycler FLI 143
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

##Energy - 12

* 12 Grass Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

Frostonyx

Aspiring Trainer
Tested a VenusRay list this week. Either PTCGO is bugged or Venusaur just doesn't work with Ray's attack. Ironically, my opponent was playing Venusaur/Sceptile and IIRC it didn't work for Sceptile's attack either.

Last edited:

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Tested a VenusRay list this week. Either PTCGO is bugged or Venusaur just doesn't work with Ray's attack. Ironically, my opponent was playing Venusaur/Sceptile and IIRC it didn't work for Sceptile's attack either.
It's been a known bug for a while

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
To my knowledge, Shining Legends Venusaur is not bugged on TCG ONE. Either that or no one has reported any problems with that card on that site.
On the first day Celestial storm released on TCG ONE, Rayquaza GX only added up damage attached to itself, and not to bench Pokemon. But that bug was fixed after a few days. along with a bunch of other crazy bugs like Banette GX's shady move ability working on the bench and Latias prism star attaching energy to itself with its attack.

Charizard=Life

Aspiring Trainer
I run Ray GX/Magnezone on the TCGO and it works really well. I run volkner to search for Rare Candy/Ultra Ball in the right situations. However, most of the time I don’t even need it and get a full setup on turn 2 or 3 without Volknet. Then I Lele for lady and add120+ damage in one turn. I run fisherman as well so I’m running choice band over wishful baton.

Alucarddvd

MetaMaster
Cant wait for them to fix the bug with venusaur really a issue when playing online you know you knock it out but does not calculate correctly