Finished Speed Mafia XLIV - The 'Beach Attack - Game Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Mafia XLIV - Attack on the 'Beach

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It had been days now. The sirens were still blaring. All the echoing was a constant reminder of the anticipated attack. No one knew when they'd strike, let alone where or how. The intercepted message had simply alerted the members that something terrible was planned, and that it would be big. Really big.

This is a game of speed mafia! Make sure that you read all the rules, especially the Mechanic section (this is very important).

If you've never played mafia, be sure to read up on the basics here.

Basic Rules
  1. This is a game of speed mafia. That means this is a normal game of mafia, except the maximum commitment is about a week!
  2. Please read the "Mechanic" section entirely before signing up!
  3. Do not edit your posts under any circumstances.
  4. Do not 'like' any posts unless I specifically ask you to.
  5. Do not post in this thread after you've died.
  6. You may not ever discuss this game outside of this thread unless your Ability lets you.
  7. Never insult another player or otherwise be a jerk. It's not cool.
  8. As the host, what I say is law, so follow it!
  9. The host may update these rules or this OP if need be, although a notice will be posted if so.

Other Details
  • There will be a town faction and an anti-town faction, and possibly an independent or two.
  • Days will last 24 hours. Consider this length to be an experiment; if things aren't going well, I might increase this to 48 hours.
  • There will be NO Night Phase! Actions should be submitted during the Day, to be processed at the end of the Day.
  • The game will begin on Day 1.
  • Vote using the syntax ##VERB: Player and ##UNVERB: Player. You can use any verb, but make sure the hashes (#) are there and that it is bold. No lynch is a valid vote.

Mechanics
The players which each have a role named after them in this game, and you will be designing a role based on you! Just so you know, you will NOT be playing as the role you create.

To participate in this game, you must send me a PM containing all the information below on top of your normal sign-up post. DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION you send to me with anyone else.

Your Forum Name: Your exact forum or a slight variation or nickname/abbreviation. This will be your role's role name.
Role Flavour: A bit of flavour information to go on your role, to be shared with whoever rolls it. The length should be between a couple of sentences and a paragraph.
Additional Flavour: If there's any other flavour-y things that you'd like me to know, put them here. I might use this information in phase updates, but this will not be put on the actual role.
Abilities: Everyone should design at least two abilities of any kind for your character could have in the game. A brief description is fine, although you can fully write it out too!
Other Stuff: Put any other information you feel like giving me here. Throw any questions that you may like to ask me privately here too.​

Have an example submission:
Your Forum Name: bbninjas
Role Flavour: You're the (wishful) master of ninja-ry stuff, bbninjas! Many young grasshoppers have once asked of the meaning behind the double 'b' in your name, to no avail. Patience might perhaps bring upon an enlightment in the near distant future.
Additional Flavour: When my role dies, I'd like to disappear off the face of the earth. rip
Abilities: Passive (Bouncy Bubbles) - If acted on, player is redirected to another player at random. Bursts after being targeted five times.
(...etc. Remember to give two or more Abilities!)

Credit goes to @Athena for the mechanic, which she has hosted elsewhere!

FAQ
So, I can't choose my role's alignment?

Unfortunately, no, for the sake of fake-claiming. Your role's alignment will depend on the other roles, the flavour and balancing. However, if you'd like to design an Ability (or few) for an independent role, you may but should also give a win condition. You must design at least one non-independent role however.

Will the final role be exactly the same as the one I submit?

Possibly, possibly not! I will very likely make adjustments to the Abilities you design to ensure all the roles work together or are similarly powered. Additionally, I may only chose one Ability, or could instead use all, depending on what suits.

Can I design all broken Abilities, so that my role is broken?

No. If you submit an unbalancable-y broken Ability (or five), I will respond back and help you create at least two roles that are more functional and workable. You also can't make a broken Ability to force your other Ability to be chosen, because I'll just respond back.

Day Updates
Day 1
Night 1/Day 2

This game can work with any number of players! Post below to sign up, and be sure to send me a PM by the deadline: 13 September, 4am EST [countdown]. You don't have to sign-up and send the PM at the same time.

Please don't sign up if you'd have to skip more than one in-game day due to being busy. Subs are welcome, although I'm hoping to not use them.
  1. mirdo
  2. quakingpunch73
  3. scattered mind
  4. NinjaPenguin
  5. rainyman123 - Killed Night 1 - Innocent
  6. Cypher333
  7. GM Draclord
  8. Jadethepokemontrainer
  9. GekkisaiDaiNii - Lynched Day 1 - Innocent

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Thankyou Gekki, Cypher, Jade, GM Drac, NP and scattered mind for already sending in your roles! If you haven't been able to yet, try to get one done as soon as possible. ^.^

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Okay, I've begun sending out all the roles. Thanks to all for submitting your designs timely. ^.^

Please like this post once you've seen your role, and ask any questions privately if you've got any! A number of final roles ended up being loosely based on the originals, largely because a lot of the ideas submitted were quite similar, however I've tried to remain as true to the flavour and the underlying effect as possible.

The game will start properly in about 10 hours from the timestamp of this post, so look forward to that.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Start - Day 1

I will write some flavour up a bit later~

The tide seems to be at a medium.

The day phase has begun! This phase will last 24 hours from the timestamp of this post, so be sure to play accordingly in this short length. You are welcome to post unofficial vote counts when I'm not around to do them. Also, my vote counts will not show any adjustments for role vote-manipulation. A no lynch is a valid vote.

Also, now that all roles have been finalised, you MAY share the role that you designed for me in thread with other players if you so wish. However, keep in mind that many roles are loosely based and flavour/effect descriptions are not exact.

Regarding Night Phases:
There's been some confusion about the Night, as there is no Night Phase. You should PM me your night action during the Day for me to process at the end of the Day. The only difference between a Night Action and a Day Action is that a Day Action is processed immediately, and a Night Action is processed alongside all other Night Actions at the end of the Day, with priority of after the lynch.

You can also send me backup players in case the player you wish to act on gets lynched. It's always worth sending in a backup player or two! For example; "Use Cop on bbninjas (Backup: Vracken, Celever)"
You cannot act on yourself unless otherwise stated.

EDIT:
The alignment win conditions are as follows:
Innocent - Eliminate all anti-town players.

Attackers - Outnumber the non-attacker aligned players.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer
First to like the post shows a lot of eagerness, especially for someone not on extremely often like you. Maybe it's because you're scum?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
First to like the post shows a lot of eagerness, especially for someone not on extremely often like you. Maybe it's because you're scum?
So does being the first person to post during day :p

However, this logic follows. For now, ##VOTE: Jadethepokemontrainer

NinjaPenguin

Suspicion also goes on Gekki and Mirdo for being second and third to like the post and viewing the thread immediately too.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Second choices for me would have to be Ninja and Quakingpunch. Ninja seems very eager to lynch and was the first person to post during the day, and, by his own logic, he was the fourth to like the post.
Posted before I was finished xD

Quaking is my second choice because he didn't show any logic for voting mirdo, he just went ahead and did it.

NinjaPenguin

Gekki, have you read any past threads of mafia?
Also, these posts read to me as "calling someone scummy for posting", which I dislike.

Status
Not open for further replies.