• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Ultra Necrozma GX for Post Rotation (WIP)

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
I've actually been trying to find an optimal partner for Silvally GX since I feel that it's an attacker that has potential in the upcoming format.

When you look at two of the BDIF candidates right now, Rayquaza and Nagandel/Stakataka, it would be incredibly favorable to play something like, oh, Silvally GX/Sylveon GX and roll Psychic Memory or Fire Memory. Sylveon casually OHKOs Rayquaza GX (and UNGX), and Silvally GX with Psychic Memory casually OHKOs Naganadel GX, even with Stakataka GX in play. Sylveon GX's Magical Ribbon grants automatic consistency, and you have access to both a strong offensive GX attack and utility GX attack. Now that I thought of this...I'm actually going to work on a list right now.

I can see reason for playing Silvally GX in the list, but you run into the problem of getting him out of the active when you actually want to go in with UNGX. Yes, Altar of the Moone can get discarded by your opponent, but quite frankly you aren't going to put it down unless you are actually going to retreat with it on your turn. At the very least you'll get the same value as Switch out of it, and if you get 2 or more turns out of it you get more net value than Switch. The fact that you're trying to charge Silvally GX up with 3 basic energy is another issue. You're not going to bother using Malamar ability on it when the energy to damage ratio you get out of UNGX is much higher with Malamar. I'd say Silvally GX is only viable in a DCE deck. 3 Basic energy is too slow for it.

Sunderaj

Aspiring Trainer
I haven't tested but I cant see increased pokemon counts being as valuable as ultra ball can be so much more versatile. Searches pokemon, cards in discard, can be a supporter too(Tapu lele gx)

But I am now testing nest balls to increase consistency of t1 two Inkays. Fan club left me so slow at turn 2 that it didn't really speed up my game. (1 draw supporter vs 2 in two turns to hit the Malamars)

Thanks peeps for the tips.
Also still wrestling with the Ultra/non ultra necrozma debate and fighting against the idea of dropping beast ring...

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Beast Ring actually doesn't give the deck that much value. The main function of it is to guarantee finding your Metal Energy, but if you're waiting for your opponent to take 2 to 3 prizes before you get Metal Energy in play, then you're probably not winning that game.

I say this because having 2 Malamar in play gets you 2 energy just the same as Beast Ring, and I know you could combine the two of them together to give yourself a whopping 4 energy in play and slam things for an unreasonable amount of damage, but since most of your concerns are 210 HP or lower, you just never need to go that high on energy count. I guess you could use it to charge up a back up attacker, but I don't

I play both Fan Club and 4 copies of Nest Ball because of how desperately this deck has to set up. If I'm lucky and get Nest Balls, then I can skip Pokemon Fan Club. But if not, you just have to have 2 or 3 Inkay in play on turn 1. It's a win condition for the deck. I've had a few games that set up well with this, but I also still have relatively frequent games where I just can't get anywhere still, especially if the opponent gets set up faster and takes out my Malamars. UNGX/Malamar is just a very vulnerable deck, really.

Running at least 1 copy of regular Necrozma GX is mandatory in my opinion. You can't guarantee Metal Energy on your first UNGX, so you need something that can apply pressure when you don't see your metals.

My deck list in the original post should be updated to reflect all my recent changes. I'll double check it to make sure it is.