Pokemon Will Ultra beasts exist past Alola

Acetrainer_Samwise

Aspiring Trainer
I was just speculating if the ultra beasts will be featured in the new games or get card reprints. My opinion is yes (hopefully) They are a really cool concept I hope Pokemon expands on. Another one is will alolan pokemon ever get cards when the sun and moon era is over or show up in the games or will they be a one hit wonder. My bet is they wont ever re appear ( which is a mistake by Pokemon).

Any just a bit of speculation and would love too see everyone elses theories! :)

VioletValkyrie

You're out of your mind.
I believe it's incredibly unlikely. Ultra Beasts seem like that kind of niche thing only belonging to one generation.
I'm not very fond of the concept of Beast Boost being passed down to a potentially large or heavy pool of Pokémon. I'd prefer it to be kept as a niche, as I was never too fond of the mechanic in the first place, and thought Sun and Moon got sort of bent surrounding their introduction and existence.

Anime Psyclone

System Failure
Hopefully so, but they don't introduce a lot more and they're available after the main storyline or something. I'd rather have their power be something you can't use to sweep through the game.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
GameFreak has a bad habit of making new decisions and then deciding later on to not include them in other games, something along the lines of 'making that game original'.
They pulled that a few years back when character customization was introduced in X&Y, then didn't include it in OR/AS simply because they felt it didn't belong.

Anime Psyclone

System Failure
GameFreak has a bad habit of making new decisions and then deciding later on to not include them in other games, something along the lines of 'making that game original'.
They pulled that a few years back when character customization was introduced in X&Y, then didn't include it in OR/AS simply because they felt it didn't belong.
Wait... That means at any time, gyms could be shelved forever? Are we getting any gyms in Gen 8? What about Alolan Forms? How will you get them? Some have made a good spot in the meta, will you have to transfer them or something? Anything could happen now that I think about it.

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
*cough cough* mega evolution *cough cough*

In all seriousness though, dollars to donuts GF will try and make us forget about them. They'll probably be in some sort of post game event or something, but otherwise we can pretty much leave them to frolic in the pool that Mega Milotic is currently swimming in.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
They shouldn't. I find it as a niche, that makes sense only in the Alola series of games. Not sure how they would justify having new Ultra Beasts in other regions, and how they would explain it other than "The incident on Alola opened up wormholes, not just in Alola, but all over the Pokemon world.", which I find to be a really easy and lazy cop-out.

However, I could see the incident on Alola prompting research from the other regions into Ultra Beasts, but that shouldn't justify the game devs to create new Ultra Beasts.

Otto von Bismarck

*Preußens Gloria plays*
gyms could be shelved forever?
Off topic but god I hope not

On the topic of Ultra Beasts, I don't think they will. If they do, it'll probably be in some very minor way like you can catch a few new ones in the postgame, but I highly doubt Gamefreak will use them as a plot point again.