• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zorbees! (Vespiquen/Zoroarks)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 28

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Zorua DEX 70
* 1 Zoroark BLW 71
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Combee AOR 9
* 1 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 4 Vespiquen AOR 10
* 1 Oricorio GRI 56
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Professor Juniper DEX 98
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 1 N FCO 105
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 26

* 3 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Zorua DEX 70
* 1 Zoroark BLW 71
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 3 Combee AOR 9
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 3 Vespiquen AOR 10
* 1 Oricorio GRI 56
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 3 Professor Juniper PLB 84
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 1 N FCO 105
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 101
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The Strategy:

Zoroark-GX helps discard more Pokémon for Vespi, provides a great draw engine, and is a beefy attacker that can hit 180 with a full Sky Field bench. Zoroark BKT & BLW are amazing supplementary attackers, and Stand In+Float Stone can really help in some sticky scenarios. Vespiquen is your late game sweeper after you've lost a bunch of Pokémon and you can't fill up your Sky Field bench anymore. I've listed two versions of the deck because which one is better changes based on the meta. Let me know what you think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the idea is cool, I really do. But it doesn't seem too great since the queen wants Pokes in the discard and not the bench.

This reminds me of the old Vespi/Raichu decks that used. 3-3 or 2-2 Vespi line as a late game attacker once you had a lot of Knocked Out Pokes. The thing is that it never saw much success. Who knows? Maybe it works.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I think the idea is cool, I really do. But it doesn't seem too great since the queen wants Pokes in the discard and not the bench.

This reminds me of the old Vespi/Raichu decks that used. 3-3 or 2-2 Vespi line as a late game attacker once you had a lot of Knocked Out Pokes. The thing is that it never saw much success. Who knows? Maybe it works.
You aren't really trying to attack with Zoroark-GX here, he's there to discard more Pokémon for Vespiquen and to give you a bulky GX that can dish out some hurt. If you get Karened, however, you can play more torward Zoroark-GX since they will have given you lots of Pokémon to bench by Karening you. Also, Zoroark is better than Raichu for many reasons: #1, Zoroark includes itself in it's damage, meaning a full Sky Field bench gives you 180 damage and 210 with band, which are very good numbers to hit. #2 Zoroark is not easily K.Oed, unlike Vespi, so you have a less fragile attacker if you need it. #3 Zoroark-GX has an amazing ability that allows you to discard even more Pokémon AND draw more cards, which is invaluable to Vespi.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I've been play testing this now that SHL has come out and it's done seriously well. I've updated the list above with what I'm running now, and it's doing great! Any thoughts? I'm trying to squeeze in a Mallow but I'm not quite sure how.

tiffuts

Porygon Enthusiast
I've been play testing this now that SHL has come out and it's done seriously well. I've updated the list above with what I'm running now, and it's doing great! Any thoughts? I'm trying to squeeze in a Mallow but I'm not quite sure how.

Well maybe you could drop one Sycamore for the Mallow. You already have crazy draw support with Shaymin/Oranguru/Zoroark. I get that sycamore is also there to discard mons but zoroark can do that too so it might be worth it to have the mallow for when you're in a tight spot and need to find a DCE but don't want to gamble on drawing it. That's my opinion on mallow. I play mallow in my night march deck and she can be pretty clutch at times.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Well maybe you could drop one Sycamore for the Mallow. You already have crazy draw support with Shaymin/Oranguru/Zoroark. I get that sycamore is also there to discard mons but zoroark can do that too so it might be worth it to have the mallow for when you're in a tight spot and need to find a DCE but don't want to gamble on drawing it. That's my opinion on mallow. I play mallow in my night march deck and she can be pretty clutch at times.
Will try this, thanks. I might also try taking out the N for it since the Prize trade is so favourable, but tbh, the fourth Sycamore is probably a better option.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Bump. I've done really well with this deck, I had a 20 winstreak with it earlier and it seems to have even to favorable matchups with basically all of the Expanded meta. The only deck that seems to give it real problems is Necrozma/Garbodor, but it's still about even. Toad and Trevenant are not fun, but Zoroark GX hits Trevenant for Weakness and draws around item lock, while Vespiquen hits Toad for Weakness. I was able to get around Karen from a Toad deck with little issue, and they followed up the Karen with Quaking Punch the same turn. However, if Trevenant goes first and gets Wally, you can have some problems. I also decided to take out the second Tapu Lele for an Oricorio since the Night March matchup is so close, and the fourth compressor for a second Choice Band since CB can also help the damage output of the Zoroarks and I never use more than 3 Compressors anyways. Any thoughts?

Bump. I've done really well with this deck, I had a 20 winstreak with it earlier and it seems to have even to favorable matchups with basically all of the Expanded meta. The only deck that seems to give it real problems is Necrozma/Garbodor, but it's still about even. Toad and Trevenant are not fun, but Zoroark GX hits Trevenant for Weakness and draws around item lock, while Vespiquen hits Toad for Weakness. I was able to get around Karen from a Toad deck with little issue, and they followed up the Karen with Quaking Punch the same turn. However, if Trevenant goes first and gets Wally, you can have some problems. I also decided to take out the second Tapu Lele for an Oricorio since the Night March matchup is so close, and the fourth compressor for a second Choice Band since CB can also help the damage output of the Zoroarks and I never use more than 3 Compressors anyways. Any thoughts?

Not as good as my 27 win streak :p, but thats great! This deck is really great. I've won 3 Tournaments in a row without skipping a beat. I've actually never had problems with Necrozma/Garbodor (GarboBox) as they always bench those EX/GX. One thing I might choose to add is a second Guzma/Lysandre. I don't like having it prized as my only out to bringing up something. I do think that the 2nd Choice Band is worth it, I'll try it out. Other than that, its crazy good deck!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Not as good as my 27 win streak :p, but thats great! This deck is really great. I've won 3 Tournaments in a row without skipping a beat. I've actually never had problems with Necrozma/Garbodor (GarboBox) as they always bench those EX/GX. One thing I might choose to add is a second Guzma/Lysandre. I don't like having it prized as my only out to bringing up something. I do think that the 2nd Choice Band is worth it, I'll try it out. Other than that, its crazy good deck!
Yeah, lost the winstreak because of a misplay then picked the streak back on up :p. they do bench alot of EX/GX, which is your wincon, but its definitely an interesting matchup since you rely alot on Items and Abilities. A second Guzma is a good idea, I may try that instead of the second CB, since prizing it is nasty. I won a tournament with it earlier and I steamrolled through it, I'll probably do another one later :). Glad you like the deck!

Yeah, lost the winstreak because of a misplay then picked the streak back on up :p. they do bench alot of EX/GX, which is your wincon, but its definitely an interesting matchup since you rely alot on Items and Abilities. A second Guzma is a good idea, I may try that instead of the second CB, since prizing it is nasty. I won a tournament with it earlier and I steamrolled through it, I'll probably do another one later :). Glad you like the deck!
Definetly love the deck. Having won so many Tournaments with it, I think it was worth spending 30 packs on 2 Zoroark GX. I'll replace something with a Lysandre instead of a Guzma, as I like the 1 Lysandre/1 Guzma split.

Wechselbalg

brb
I loooooove Zoroark/Vespiquen. Here is my list for the deck:

Pokémon

1 Shaymin-EX
4 Zorua DEX
2 Zoroark BKT
2 Zoroark-GX
3 Combee
3 Vespiquen
3 Exeggcute (Propagation)
1 Eevee PLF
1 Jolteon AOR--->for the M Ray match-up, as that is the only relevant 'mon that a Choice Banded Zoroark GX with a full Sky Field bench can't one shot.
2 Tapu Lele-GX

Trainer Cards

1 Computer Search--->can't really decide if I should go with Dowsing Machine or Comp Search, I think both go well with the deck
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 N
1 Brigette
2 Battle Compressor
2 Special Charge
2 Field Blower
2 Guzma
3 Professor Juniper
4 Sky Field
1 Hex Maniac---->need a way to deal with Aegislash and sometimes safeguard abilities if I want to (or have to) keep Zoro GX in the active
4 Choice Band
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
1 Colress

4 Double Colorless Energy

I actually prefer to use Zoroark GX as the main attacker, (that's why I'm considering to add a 3rd GX) except for match-ups like Greninja where concentrating on Vespiquen is obviously better. (Or a combination of both) Vespiquen can also help out against some fighting types that cut through Zoroark like hot butter since some of them are weak to grass. I'm not sure if I should add an Oricorio for the NM match-up, since as soon as the opponent sees Zoroark they are just going to concentrate on getting everything in the discard except for Marshadow who makes minced meat out of Zoroark and has no trouble dealing with Vespi either as the latter is not exactly bulky and I'm not sure if a lone Oricorio would be able to deal with 3-4 Marshadows lol. Is a combination of Vespi/Oricorio capable of dealing with such situations? I mostly had unpleasant experiences playing against the deck because it's easy to lose the prize trade depening on which player goes first and who gets sightly better hands.
Maybe I could swap 1 Exeggcute for 1 Oricorio. The problem is that 3 seems to be the magic number for me, as I use all three of them as fodder for Zoroark's ability early game and mid-to-late game I can use 2 of them to fill up my bench and leave 1 in the discard for emergency trades.

Last edited:
I thought you were Gekki... Though he changed his whole strategy lol

No really plays Sky Snake anymore, and a 1-1 line isnt consistent enough when you want it.

Not so sure about it being the main attacker...

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I loooooove Zoroark/Vespiquen. Here is my list for the deck:

Pokémon

1 Shaymin-EX
4 Zorua DEX
2 Zoroark BKT
2 Zoroark-GX
3 Combee
3 Vespiquen
3 Exeggcute (Propagation)
1 Eevee PLF
1 Jolteon AOR--->for the M Ray match-up, as that is the only relevant 'mon that a Choice Banded Zoroark GX with a full Sky Field bench can't one shot.
2 Tapu Lele-GX

Trainer Cards

1 Computer Search--->can't really decide if I should go with Dowsing Machine or Comp Search, I think both go well with the deck
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 N
1 Brigette
2 Battle Compressor
2 Special Charge
2 Field Blower
2 Guzma
3 Professor Juniper
4 Sky Field
1 Hex Maniac---->need a way to deal with Aegislash and sometimes safeguard abilities if I want to (or have to) keep Zoro GX in the active
4 Choice Band
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
1 Colress

4 Double Colorless Energy

I actually prefer to use Zoroark GX as the main attacker, (that's why I'm considering to add a 3rd GX) except for match-ups like Greninja where concentrating on Vespiquen is obviously better. (Or a combination of both) Vespiquen can also help out against some fighting types that cut through Zoroark like hot butter since some of them are weak to grass. I'm not sure if I should add an Oricorio for the NM match-up, since as soon as the opponent sees Zoroark they are just going to concentrate on getting everything in the discard except for Marshadow who makes minced meat out of Zoroark and has no trouble dealing with Vespi either as the latter is not exactly bulky and I'm not sure if a lone Oricorio would be able to deal with 3-4 Marshadows lol. Is a combination of Vespi/Oricorio capable of dealing with such situations? I mostly had unpleasant experiences playing against the deck because it's easy to lose the prize trade depening on which player goes first and who gets sightly better hands.
Maybe I could swap 1 Exeggcute for 1 Oricorio. The problem is that 3 seems to be the magic number for me, as I use all three of them as fodder for Zoroark's ability early game and mid-to-late game I can use 2 of them to fill up my bench and leave 1 in the discard for emergency trades.
Interesting list. I prefer attacking with Zoroark early on and mainly attacking with Vespiquen though. I just Guzma around Aegislash, I've actually beat it before. I might swap out the second Mind Jack for a third GX once I get the third one, Mind Jack doesn't get that much use. I like Dowsing machine better in this deck than Comp Search just because you discard alot and have alot of 1-of Trainers. Like @FlavorfulPineApl said, M Ray isn't played much anymore so no need for Jolteon. Thanks for the suggestions! :)
I feel like the deck would still be stronger if it just used a split of Zouark and Flareon.
sorry, vespiquen , flareon, and zouark
Not quite sure what you mean, can you explain?

Interesting list. I prefer attacking with Zoroark early on and mainly attacking with Vespiquen though. I just Guzma around Aegislash, I've actually beat it before. I might swap out the second Mind Jack for a third GX once I get the third one, Mind Jack doesn't get that much use. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Not quite sure what you mean, can you explain?
WOAH! Mind Jack gets much use. Its one of the attacks I use the most since most players get lured in by Sky Field. Other decks just need to bench a ton in general. I, myself, wouldnt cut it. It has too much utility in a lot of games. And yeah Im confused by pikachu's post too...